Howdy All and Clutch??

chiefbuzzbee

Equipment
B6000 w/Loader 2013 L3800 w/Loader
Jul 29, 2009
New Hampton,NH
First I want to say Howdy to all you Orange Tractor talkers, I have loved reading and learning from all your troubles and success and the You Tube with Vic is great and now thanks to Mr.K I can now Post and even join in.

Now a question, Oh I have a Kubota B6000 with a FEL and I love it, it is a bit worn but what a work horse for a small tractor. But with all my love I think I have a problem you see I bought my B6000 from my neighbor who bought it from another neighbor, at least we have kept it in the hood.

When my neighbor bought it his neighbor had just replaced the clutch because of what looked like a bad through out bearing. That was 9 years ago right after I bought it, I noticed I had no clutch pedal and hard to shift. I checked the linkage and it is out all the way but looks like it may have been broken and repaired but maybe not in the right position. How hard is it to split one of these and do they have trouble with though out bearings?

Well this will be the first of many questions and again thank you for having me both Mr.K and Vic you guys are great! Oh and do you sell parts also Vic? We may need to talk soon......:confused:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I just broke my L175 apart and the engine is sitting on the bench.
Not to bad really.
First pull the hood off. Unbolt the mounting bracket that holds the hood and just lift the hood with the bracket away from the tractor.
Then take out the battery and remove the bolts from the mount that holds the radiator assembley and lift that part off. Now it starts looking like it is easy because the large parts are all out of the way and all you see is engine and front end.
Next I propped the trans tunnel up with a jack stand and set the brake to keep the rear portion in place while the rest of the tractor nearly dissapears. :D
Remove the steering rod from the pitman to the front axle.
Take the bolts and nuts loose from the front end bracket on the front of the motor and the front end assembley is off.:eek: You will have to pry some;)
Now the engine is just hanging above the ground.
Remove the fuel line, linkage, glow plug wire, oil press sender wire and hydraulic pump on the right side.
Then remove exhaust, wiring, starter from the left side.
Sling the engine because it is almost out.
Take the bolts out of the rear of the bell housing and pry the engine loose from the tractor.

Well that was about removing the engine but if you are only looking to do the clutch this is one option.

For clutch only, you might just remove things like the hydraulic lines, fuel line, linkage and wiring to break it and let the engine sit on a jack for movement needed to break it apart.

Keep us posted and good luck.