How to increase M9000 AC blower airflow?

andyman

Equipment
M6-101, M7040, KX040-4, SVL95-2S
Feb 12, 2016
WEST PLAINS, MISSOURI
We just replaced the entire AC system on our M9000 due to compressor going bad. She’s blowing cold but just doesn’t have much airflow. We cleaned/changed every duct and filter on the tractor while we had it all apart. This tractor is new to us so i don’t have a frame of reference as to what is “normal”. The fan works on all 3 speeds but just doesn’t output much airflow. Im trying to figure out how to increase this airflow. I’ve thought about looking for a different type of fan or higher rpm motor. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to increase the airflow on this tractor?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
If you've removed all the blockages ie. mouse and squirrels nests and your electrical all tests ok then you would need to change the blower to get more air flow. If you replaced the entire AC then you likely don't have blocked fins. I assume you changed the filters and checked that the ducts were re-assembled without any leaks.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Be careful with the airflow - if you blow air faster across a cooling fin, you may be surprised that you get less cool air! The rate of air picking up the coolness is directly proportional to the speed of the flow across the coils. What happens to the flow if you crack the window a bit?

Does the cab cool? OR are you looking to simply have more air blowing around your head/body area?

If that is the case I would buy a separate fan and recalculate the air in the cab that is being cooled.

Gb540

Jan 9, 2021
Central US
Does the "mode" switch (vent to defrost) work or have any effect? Being stuck, or stuck between modes, won't help with airflow.

Also, is the fan smooth or does it vibrate and shake the whole cab liner? Have seen fan cages break apart on automotive/trucks, but no idea of it's a problem with Kubota. Believe the cab roof would need to come off, so a lot of hassle just to check an outside possibility.

The M9000 is generally a solid machine but the AC isn't one of its stronger points. Ours is on full speed all the time and is "adequate", i.e. it works but won't freeze you out of the cab.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Remember reading the work to remove the "headliner" to get to the air intake, which get restricted. I think sidecar flip discussed it. Might do a search for his make and that tractor.

andyman

Equipment
Feb 12, 2016
WEST PLAINS, MISSOURI
If you've removed all the blockages ie. mouse and squirrels nests and your electrical all tests ok then you would need to change the blower to get more air flow. If you replaced the entire AC then you likely don't have blocked fins. I assume you changed the filters and checked that the ducts were re-assembled without any leaks.
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we checked them.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Thanks for the reply. Yes, we checked them.
An M9000 does not have a lot of air blowing strong from the vents but typically cools well.
Did you replace the evaporator or wash the original one out?

andyman

Equipment
Feb 12, 2016
WEST PLAINS, MISSOURI
Does the "mode" switch (vent to defrost) work or have any effect? Being stuck, or stuck between modes, won't help with airflow.

Also, is the fan smooth or does it vibrate and shake the whole cab liner? Have seen fan cages break apart on automotive/trucks, but no idea of it's a problem with Kubota. Believe the cab roof would need to come off, so a lot of hassle just to check an outside possibility.

The M9000 is generally a solid machine but the AC isn't one of its stronger points. Ours is on full speed all the time and is "adequate", i.e. it works but won't freeze you out of the cab.
The fan operates smoothly without vibration. We will check out the mode switch, thanks for the suggestion

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Check and see if the blower motor is wired backwards. This will result in a tiny amount of airflow coming from the vents.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Check and clean the fan blower wheel, if it loaded up airflow goes down. Don't over think it, as my dad said KISS it.