How to get more Power

brockkrak

Equipment
Kubota B6200 4 wheel drive
Feb 22, 2010
Clarksville Maryland
alright guys excuse me for my stupidity im new to the tractor world. I just recentley bought a Kubota B6200 4WD Gear Drive. I have no particular reason to get more power out of my machine i was just curious. Any bolt on mods to get some power? Any fuel pump adjustments? Thanks guys

smokinhart

Equipment
b6000E,B6100DT, King Cutter RM48, Front end Loader, Rear Blade,Gravel Reclaimer
Oct 21, 2009
Manhattan, Kansas
You'll only need more traction! The power is in the little bull already.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
As Vic has stated in the past, a Kubota will loose traction LONG before it looses power. These things aren't race cars or dragsters, they have all the power they need. You just need to channel that power from the engine to the business end of the tires!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
As Vic has stated in the past, a Kubota will loose traction LONG before it looses power. These things aren't race cars or dragsters, they have all the power they need. You just need to channel that power from the engine to the business end of the tires!
There was this time I almost ran out of power. But that was because I almost ran out of fuel :p

Scott

Hefty2000

Equipment
ZL2201-A
Jan 31, 2010
Gilbert, AZ
I remember when I first got on the rig before I bought it... put the transmission in Low and the rear end in Low... and stuck it in 1st gear... popped the clutch...and felt virtually nothing....

I kind of looked around and had tough time determining if I was moving or creeping due to gravity (maybe I put the rear end in neutral?). Finally, the only way I could determine if I was in gear and moving under engine power was stand on the brake and hear the engine rpm go down slightly!!!!

I read somewhere someone said you could step off a kubota in low gear... go inside have lunch and come back and turn it around for the next row ! Damn true.
With gears like that.... no need for any more than a whopping 22 hp !? go figure.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I read somewhere someone said you could step off a kubota in low gear... go inside have lunch and come back and turn it around for the next row ! Damn true.With gears like that.... no need for any more than a whopping 22 hp !? go figure.
That's good, I like that :D

Scott

gmtinker

Equipment
'07 BX1850 w/FEL, '06 John Deere X300
Mar 6, 2009
Stony Plain, Alberta
I will definitely agree that these units will lose traction before powering out - in low range even my BX with a hydro trans will chew 4 nice little holes in the ground before it would ever bog out - at least if I'm using the HST correctly and not trying to blow it up by "over-pedal-gearing".

As it is, there is a fairly simplistic equation one can use when modding an engine:
More Power = Less Reliability
We see "chipped" or "programmed" trucks quite often that have induced (and non-warrantable) engine, transmission or axle problems. Because the overall "design package" has been modified to operate outside its design parameters, the weak points in the system appear. Kubotas have an absolutely incredible reputation for their reliability (even under abuse in some cases), which is why I wanted one.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Yea,Yea,Yea, traction,reliability etc,etc , He just wants to be the first tractor to the end of the field.
I had a Murry lawn mower that I changed the pullies on the drive side. It would go so fast if you turned the steering to either side quickly, it would turn over. That was a fun mower. Neighbors use to come out and watch me mow!!!!!

JWB

Jan 3, 2010
florida
Yea,Yea,Yea, traction,reliability etc,etc , He just wants to be the first tractor to the end of the field.
I had a Murry lawn mower that I changed the pullies on the drive side. It would go so fast if you turned the steering to either side quickly, it would turn over. That was a fun mower. Neighbors use to come out and watch me mow!!!!!
That is so funny! I did the same thing. I made the pulley to big. With all that speed and no suspension I would bounce right out of the seat. Man was it fun:).