How much gear oil to put in gear box of Kubota L2195 Front snowblower

Weekender

Equipment
Kubota L6060, LA1055 Loader, Bearcat CH-8540 chipper/shredder, L2195A snowblower
Dec 28, 2021
KubotaL6060%
I have drained the gear box oil in preparation for getting my snowblower I purchased last year ready for this winter but I cannot find anywhere in the manual how much new oil to replace what was in there. I don't want to assume that my first use did not consume some. This is not located anywhere in the terrible user manual that came with this implement. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Weekender

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Usually there's a fill plug about halfway up the side of the gear case. Should be under the vent or breather plug/cap level.

Reactions: 1 user

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Looking at pictures of the blower there should be a vent on top, a fill plug on the side and a drain that is sorta near the bottom but still on the side. Oil should be filled to the point that it starts to flow out the fill plug. Not the best design as you can't drain all the oil out. This shows the gear box on its side as #170 is the drain. Or do you mean the small gear box?

1670778212248.png

Last edited:

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Drain it with the gear box warmed up if possible. I ran my blower through some heavy snow for a bit at least until the snow collecting on the auger gear box started melting off.
Then the old gear oil will flow out faster with more of any contaminants it carrys with it.
Keep the new 80W-90 at room temperature for re- filling.
Have some thread seal tape or plumbing tape for the 3 plugs. They aren't very tight fitting on mine, and need a good thick layer of thread tape to keep the plugs from loosening after reinstall.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
To add to the above, remove the blower from the tractor and lift one side and place some wooden blocks under the side to keep it elevated. That way the drain plugs will be at the lowest point and it will fully drain. The best time to change the oil is in the summer when you can leave the blower out in the sun to heat up the oil. Second, the best is after it has had a good workout. Don't forget to drain the front gearbox also. That one can be drained with the snowblower sitting flat on the floor. Use a good quality 80/90 EP gear lubricant. The gear boxes are too expensive to replace to cheap out on the quality of the gear lube.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
To add to the above, remove the blower from the tractor and lift one side and place some wooden blocks under the side to keep it elevated. That way the drain plugs will be at the lowest point and it will fully drain. The best time to change the oil is in the summer when you can leave the blower out in the sun to heat up the oil. Second, the best is after it has had a good workout. Don't forget to drain the front gearbox also. That one can be drained with the snowblower sitting flat on the floor. Use a good quality 80/90 EP gear lubricant. The gear boxes are too expensive to replace to cheap out on the quality of the gear lube.
"snowblower' ???
What's a "snowblower"?:ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Weekender

Equipment
Kubota L6060, LA1055 Loader, Bearcat CH-8540 chipper/shredder, L2195A snowblower
Dec 28, 2021
KubotaL6060%
Looking at pictures of the blower there should be a vent on top, a fill plug on the side and a drain that is sorta near the bottom but still on the side. Oil should be filled to the point that it starts to flow out the fill plug. Not the best design as you can't drain all the oil out. This shows the gear box on its side as #170 is the drain. Or do you mean the small gear box?

View attachment 92002
Thanks! On my implement, I have only one gear box. there is a drain plug at the bottom of the gear box. I also have the two other plugs on the side as you discuss.