How hard is it to find a tiller to work with a counterclockwise pto?

Jim-Iowa

Oct 14, 2011
Newton,Iowa
I ask because I ran across a nice B6000 with woods Rm 590 mower at a fair price.
But I really need a tiller in my 7000 sq ft ever expanding garden

murky

Mar 30, 2012
Vancouver, WA
I ask because I ran across a nice B6000 with woods Rm 590 mower at a fair price.
But I really need a tiller in my 7000 sq ft ever expanding garden
I would guess its pretty hard, but I saw one on Craigslist here in the Portland, OR area at a pretty good price a few weeks ago.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Re: Possible Solution for counterclockwise pto

Poke around at Boston Gear and give them a call and talk with one of their TechReps. They used to produce an attachment that would fit to your PTO and change the direction of rotation output to the implement. It was just two gears in a figure-8 gearbox, not very thick or large, wouldn't change the implement shaft length (assuming shaft telescopes a couple inches). No idea current pricing or availability but might solve all your implement direction-of-rotation problem(s). Good luck and please advise results.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
You might also want to consider the ability of your B6000 to till that much garden- that's a lot for an 11-pto horsepower tractor. Unless you can reverse the direction, you are going to be really limited by finding a reverse-rotation, narrow, reasonably priced tiller.

yorkb6000

Equipment
76' kubota b6000
Aug 27, 2012
york,pa
hi
i just picked up a 1976 B6000 with a tiller.i do not have a use for a tiller but do need a rear blade and a small 3pt mower . might be willing to trade your mower for my tiller.does that mower work with the counter clock pto

wapiti39

Equipment
2-Kubota B6000's with FEL,s and Tillers.
Dec 10, 2012
Meridian, Id
Curious will a 450 series tiller work with a b6000? It's a 3 foot tiller for sale here locally and it looks very similar to the one I have that is missing the gear box. Thanks for your input.

Miket64

Equipment
b6000, tiller k 42
Jun 7, 2013
n. Brookfield,ma
Maybe someone can help
I have a tiller for a b6000
a chain link broke and i fixed it and put it back on the sprockets .
It seems the tiller is running backwards
it was fine before
any idea what went wrong.
I don't think i can route the chain another way
Thanks

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
Maybe someone can help
I have a tiller for a b6000
a chain link broke and i fixed it and put it back on the sprockets .
It seems the tiller is running backwards
it was fine before
any idea what went wrong.
I don't think i can route the chain another way
Thanks
Are you sure that the tiller changed directions after repairing the chain? It would be very difficult (impossible) to just reroute a chain and make the tiller change direction of rotation. Can you post some pictures of the chain and its sprockets?

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
"a chain link broke and i fixed it and put it back on the sprockets ."

You mush have gotten a reversing link by mistake.

just kidding , there's no way you could have messed anything up by reinstalling a chain.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
No idea if this applies, but it could.

It would be impossible in a 2 sprocket system. However, it is possible with a 3 if routed mostly in-line. If the center sprocket was about on-line with the tangent of the 2 end sprockets, then the chain could go over or under the center sprocket. If that center sprocket controlled tine rotation, that would reverse the rotation. This happens sometimes in serpentine belt systems on vehicles where something gets reversed, but I suspect that does not apply here.

numboltzz

Jun 20, 2013
Bundocs BC
I picked up an old L series a few years ago and it came with a tiller which I parked under a tree and ignored for years until this spring.

Hooked it back on and it actually worked Ok but the tines were worn right out. Pretty spendy to replace them and besides the rotation setup didn't look right to me, so I simply reversed all the tines and tried it. My well treed land has been cleared by hand but still has lots of tree parts including small stumps and lots of rocks.

Anyway it works great, although the tiller looks like a street sweeper with all the branches, brush etc rolled up in a ball around the tiller's tines. Only stalled it once, so far. Great for filling holes left by pulling large stumps, too.

Best $2 grand I ever spent.

jerrell

Equipment
tiller, B6200, B6000, 2 bottom turning plow, 5 ft bush hog, frail mower 5 ft,
Jun 23, 2013
beebe, arkansas
just got a B 6200 with tiller, tilled up about 1/2 acre, the tines run in forward motion didn't check rotation of PTO. but it seems the tiller if tines ran in backward motion it would pull tiller into the ground instead of having to beat through the hard surface dirt, once going the backward motion would pull the tines deeper and fluff the dirt better. don't know exactly but just a thought, will chedk my PTO rotation .