How far do you road travel your BX?

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I feel this is kinda a loaded question and necessitates a tiered answer. On the farm, a few miles was perfectly normal, hopping between fields during plating/harvest or hay. Same applies to my uncles farm. It's about 2 miles away from my place. If I need the backhoe or something bigger then what I've got I drive it here and back. Most of it can muster at least 25mph amd is big enough to be noticed.
My personal stuff. Not a chance. The trailer is too easy. And a top speed of 10 to 12 mph is way too slow.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
WANTING to hit someone…and actually Hitting someone…are two different things. I’ve sat behind idiots who are texting while the green-light has been on sufficiently-long for even the idiot to understand that’s the ONLY SHADE of GREEN it comes-in…. and I’ve WANTED a bull-dozer blade on the front of my Pickup and I’ve WANTED to hit them with it.

(but I more-politely only shatter their rear glass with my TRAIN-HORNS to wake the idiot up.) 🤣

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
On the farm, it's all about convenience, and a few miles here and there are just part of the daily routine. Same goes for my uncle's farm; it's practically a stone's throw away. Plus, those machines can reach a decent speed of 25 mph, so they're not exactly inconspicuous. It was also on this farm that I learned everyday things. My uncle taught me and showed me how plumbing works. But in the end, I decided to take a course to start earning money from it. If you also want to pump up your knowledge, I think you will find it useful to browse https://www.. It's like a variation of what you can do outside of cycling.
You sure you posted on the correct forum? What does learning plumbing and cycling have to do with tractors?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user