How do you store your loader when off the tractor?

Tire Biter

Equipment
B 2601 434 loader MMM, bunch of tractor stuff . Ford 4600
Jul 10, 2012
S.E. TN
Mine goes in a corner of my shop building. I take it on/off frequently during the spring/summer/fall. The Kubota hardly moves all winter, so I just leave it on.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Took it off and back on and then off again, no issues. The dolly is only 3" off the cement floor.

No issues with breaking the dolly?

I have tried the HF dollies and ended up snapping them trying to remove the loader.

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
This year will be the first winter the loader is not attached because of my new snowblower. Previously I kept the loader on and used a bucket plow for snow…was a good system except for the growing windrows and having to push them back after a big snowfall. I am leaving the loader outside on a concrete slab made just for the implements. Sprayed all non painted surfaces with fluid film… besides, these things are kept outdoors all year long on dealer lots so not too worried about it.

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
This year will be the first winter the loader is not attached because of my new snowblower. Previously I kept the loader on and used a bucket plow for snow…was a good system except for the growing windrows and having to push them back after a big snowfall. I am leaving the loader outside on a concrete slab made just for the implements. Sprayed all non painted surfaces with fluid film… besides, these things are kept outdoors all year long on dealer lots so not too worried about it.
?

Reactions: 1 user

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
Fluid film is a lubricant as well as a rust inhibitor. It is sprayed on the under carriage of cars up here in Maine to prevent road salt from rusting them.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Fluid film is a lubricant as well as a rust inhibitor. It is sprayed on the under carriage of cars up here in Maine to prevent road salt from rusting them.
I get it and use it on my snowblower.

My question came with the highlighted statement of applying it to the NON PAINTED surfaces.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
So…what is your question? I didn't highlight my FF statement by the way…don’t know how it became highlighted…
I highlighted it.

Why did you apply it to the NON painted surfaces and not the PAINTED surfaces?

Jhtractor

Equipment
2021 LX3310, LA535, RTR1258 tiller, QH10, BB1260, LX2963, PF1242, RCK60
Apr 23, 2021
Wisconsin

I have tried the HF dollies and ended up snapping them trying to remove the loader.
No issues. I used 4 dollies, they claim they are rated for 1000#, but I doubt it. Rolled the loader on the dollies out of one side of the garage and across the cement driveway to the other side today without any issues. I have a garage with two 16'x8' overhead doors and a center divided wall, two cars on one side and woodworking shop and tractor on the other for this winter until I get my outbuilding built next spring.

my87csx481

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
Aug 8, 2023
Aroostook, Maine
No issues. I used 4 dollies, they claim they are rated for 1000#, but I doubt it. Rolled the loader on the dollies out of one side of the garage and across the cement driveway to the other side today without any issues. I have a garage with two 16'x8' overhead doors and a center divided wall, two cars on one side and woodworking shop and tractor on the other for this winter until I get my outbuilding built next spring.
@Jhtractor Sorry for the thread revival.

You detach the loader from the tractor directly onto the dollies?

And then install the loader back onto the tractor directly from the dollies?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
@Jhtractor Sorry for the thread revival.

You detach the loader from the tractor directly onto the dollies?

And then install the loader back onto the tractor directly from the dollies?
Yup......that's the way it's gotta work.
Not in my case though.
My loader is not removable.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

Many people have good luck with those dolly's, but I'm not one of them.

I snap those things like they were pretzel sticks.

I also can't stand the small casters......I gotta sweep the shop like I'm doing open-heart surgery just to move anything.

Roll....roll...stop....sweep....roll...roll...stop...sweep....roll....roll...stop...sweep.....roll...stop...sweep..........ETC.

Last edited:

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
I haven’t been taking the loader off, but as far as attachments go, I built a 4 tier shelf set, attached to the wall of my barn (metal, concrete floor). Saves space. Would have liked 5 tier, but it won’t reach that far!

forks on top, ripper next, lane shark, then grapple On floor. Spaces are all sized based on the equipment in them. Left over space is used for spare parts, smaller items on the floor, since grapple doesn’t use much inside space.

my87csx481

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
Aug 8, 2023
Aroostook, Maine
Many people have good luck with those dolly's, but I'm not one of them.

I snap those things like they were pretzel sticks.

I also can't stand the small casters......I gotta sweep the shop like I'm doing open-heart surgery just to move anything.

Roll....roll...stop....sweep....roll...roll...stop...sweep....roll....roll...stop...sweep.....roll...stop...sweep..........ETC.
So maybe a pallet would be better? And roll that around with a pallet jack?

This is my first tractor, and my first winter with it is coming up shortly. I will need to swap the loader out for a front mount snow blower. Rather not leave the loader outside all winter long. But I don't have a ton of room in the "barn". Being able to roll the thing around, as needed (for space) is critical.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I’ve got a couple tractors with removable FELs. I’m fortunate to have a fair sized shop to park my equipment in. I just unhook the FEL in the normal parking bay for that tractor and back away. When done, I just park the tractor with the nose in the FEL, most folks don’t know they are unhooked as I can park within inches of the FEL mounting points.

Your idea of using a pallet, either with a pallet jack or HF furniture dollys on it sounds like a pretty good one to me.

My brush hog sits on HF furniture dollys in the winter. One on each side. With those and the tail wheel I can push it all over the shop. The dollys I use are a 12” x 18” wooden frame with four casters (3” diameter hard rubber swivel casters) on each one. $13 each at Harbor Freight.

Edit: And given the OP asked this question nearly two years ago, I’ll bet the situation had been addressed. Love it when a newbie (I’m one too) brings back an old thread. Caught a few of us.

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
So maybe a pallet would be better? And roll that around with a pallet jack?
I decided on using 6" casters instead.

Now they actually roll "too easy". I had one of them accidently roll out into the street, nearly hitting a passing car.

(hahaha can you imagine calling your dad and saying "No really dad....I just got broadsided by a Box Blade.....No.... I have not been drinking!!!!" 😂 )

I gotta install a separate "foot brake" because amazingly HF does not make their 6" casters with a brake.

Out of the frying pan, into the fire?

20230221_093235[1].jpg
20230628_142219[1].jpg

Reactions: 1 users

my87csx481

Equipment
LX2610HSDC
Aug 8, 2023
Aroostook, Maine
Thanks all for the additional comments.

I’ve got a couple tractors with removable FELs. I’m fortunate to have a fair sized shop to park my equipment in. I just unhook the FEL in the normal parking bay for that tractor and back away. When done, I just park the tractor with the nose in the FEL, most folks don’t know they are unhooked as I can park within inches of the FEL mounting points.

Your idea of using a pallet, either with a pallet jack or HF furniture dollys on it sounds like a pretty good one to me.

My brush hog sits on HF furniture dollys in the winter. One on each side. With those and the tail wheel I can push it all over the shop. The dollys I use are a 12” x 18” wooden frame with four casters (3” diameter hard rubber swivel casters) on each one. $13 each at Harbor Freight.

Edit: And given the OP asked this question nearly two years ago, I’ll bet the situation had been addressed. Love it when a newbie (I’m one too) brings back an old thread. Caught a few of us.
I am guilty as charged (as being a noob). And in post #32, when I resurrected this ancient thread, I apologized for reviving it. But I was seeking clarity on some of the ambiguous (to me) suggestions. I didn't feel it necessary to start a new thread when my questions were in the context of all the previous information here in this thread...and I too have splintered my fair share of china freight dollies that are used in a different application....I was fishing for info about how @Jhtractor accomplished the removing/attaching of his loader directly onto/off of the china freight dollies without destroying the dollies.

I guess the better option would have been to start a new thread, and just include a reference to this one. Sorry for catching you.