Hooks on a bx bucket

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
On my B I put an anchor hook in the middle and regular hooks on each end. The anchor hooks is good because the chain or strap will not slip off. I went with weld on from Ken's also.

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA

I just put these hooks on a used 72” bucket I picked up for my L6060. They are 3/8 grab hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bosifus

Equipment
BX23S
Apr 11, 2019
Port Orchard, WA, USA
I welded mine on the ends of my BX23s. Very handy and cheap and I'm not a good welder. I just pick using both sides hooked up as a rule if possible so as not to put too much stress on one side of the bucket and warp it.

Droak

Equipment
BX2380
Nov 28, 2019
Allegan Michigan
I made a pair of 'clamp on' hooks, though with version 2, I'm using a 3' length of electrical channel. Clamps slide on channel, channel slide into bucket, hooks slide to left/right edges of channel,tighten bolts..done.
I didn't have the heart to cut/drill/weld the bucket.....

Mine are similar to the BXexpanded ones in B737's picture, just a LOT cheaper. BX ones here, would cost north of 300 Canucks. If I'd bought new hooks and new steel , less than $40. As it was, I just used scrap laying around.Sad thing is you'd never know.....the pile never seems to go down.
Just got my BX a few months ago and don't have the heart either, got any picks of your set-up?

Bark

Equipment
L4701/FM2560LA765/BB2560Pittsburgh disk Titan P forks
Feb 18, 2020
North CA
Was going to go with Kens bolt on for my L4701 round back bucket but they wont have any for it until the end of June. Wonder who else sells comparable hooks.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Was going to go with Kens bolt on for my L4701 round back bucket but they wont have any for it until the end of June. Wonder who else sells comparable hooks.
wait for Kens.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
I bought the bxpanded hooks and would not do it again. The spring lock does not hold them. My neighbors brought me one after the snow melted, it fell off. I used 3/8 bolts to lock in place after that. Pretty disappointing. When I got the 2032R John Deere I bought weld on hooks and burned the paint. The hell with this other crap, I will burn the paint, I know that they will be there when I need them.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
wait for Kens.
Thanks!

Guess I am waiting on Kens.
As I'm sure you can understand this has been one CRAZY A** year! :eek:

We are doing our best, a lot of or suppliers are in PA and where forced to close for about 4 weeks, then when they did come back to work it was at limited capacity. At the same time, our business increased dramatically, some due to the normal "spring rush" but a lot of it was people where just home and wanted to do projects on and with their tractors I guess-so we started running out of things and was/is slow building the inventory back up.

I appreciate everyone's patience and support, I am truly blessed :)

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Just be sure to remove the weight of the hook from the BX's lift capacity.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

OrangeColoredTractor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 L2501 4WD HST
May 10, 2017
Washington
I always weld mine on. It's a lot easier and less expensive than bolt on. I put 3 across the top. The outside ones are to strap things in the bucket like barrols or to hook the extra chain up to keep it out of the way. Always put the lifting or pulling load in the center of your bucket to avoid damage from putting to much load on just 1 loader arm.
I also welded mine on. Used the 3/8 hooks, works great with 5/16 chain too. I welded 3 on, 2 outers right in line with the curl ram to avoid twisting of the bucket and welded one right in the center too.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
I also welded mine on. Used the 3/8 hooks, works great with 5/16 chain too. I welded 3 on, 2 outers right in line with the curl ram to avoid twisting of the bucket and welded one right in the center too.
Nice looking welds! Did you not use the backer plate? I have a set of hooks and backers that have been sitting In my garage forever but my BXPanded have done just fine once I got them set up properly.

What’s the US forest service for?

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
I bought the bxpanded hooks and would not do it again. The spring lock does not hold them. My neighbors brought me one after the snow melted, it fell off. I used 3/8 bolts to lock in place after that. Pretty disappointing. When I got the 2032R John Deere I bought weld on hooks and burned the paint. The hell with this other crap, I will burn the paint, I know that they will be there when I need them.
I had the same issue with my first set. It's of critical importance you get the correct hooks for the bucket you have, as Kubota has changed the shape of the bucket top multiple times. BXPanded replaced my fist set with a different set based on the lip of my bucket, they work like a charm. I'm guessing you had the same issue.

OrangeColoredTractor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2017 L2501 4WD HST
May 10, 2017
Washington
Nice looking welds! Did you not use the backer plate? I have a set of hooks and backers that have been sitting In my garage forever but my BXPanded have done just fine once I got them set up properly.

What’s the US forest service for?
Thanks for the compliments on my welds, I am a self taught fabricator too. And I see the ridicule one gets in here for poor welds on other post. :p

Actually a dealer tech for 32 years, mechanic for longer, but been metal fabbing for years. I built this trailer last year and I have some paraphernalia for my timber farm.

My Kubota is the larger L2501 and there is a huge plate on the top already, you can see the long weld in front of the hook. This was a thick plate. I did buy the original Kubota orange paint to finish the weld up. Caution, there is several shades of Kubota orange. I bought some of the OE Kubota gray in case I need that too.

The US Forest Service is actually a 40+ acre timber farm I have. It consist of a ranger station, campsites, building log park shelter now, solar well for water. We use the theme, color and designs of the USFS and National Parks. But the text reads different. We are located real close to the actual USFS, I'm up at 3500 feet in elevation. This is 310 miles from my home. Kubota is kept at my home, dragging it up there end of this month for some work on the farm.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I was originally going to go with Ken's bolt on until I seen Chim's bolt on design here on the forum. Being thrifty (that's politically correct for CHEAP) , and having material on hand, I went the bolt on angle iron route with D-ring in the middle for m BX YMMW.
Regards View attachment 44467 View attachment 44467
2017-5-13 - Copy.JPG
2017-11-22(3) - Copy.jpg

dutchii

May 26, 2020
Milan, Michigan
I'm going to order some of Ken's Bolt Ons for my bucket and wondered about the best set up. Saw some that have hooks and clevis's on the end near the lift arm and another hook in the middle, some with just three hooks (outside and middle), some with hooks on the outside and clevis in the middle.

What do you find is the most versatile for most jobs?

Thanks

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Some lighter-duty FELs have only ONE hyd cyl for curling the bucket in the center of the bucket. Heavier duty FELs have dual curling cyls, one at each arm of the FEL. The strongest place to place hooks is directly in front of the cylinders. Two are better than one if you lift un-equally balanced items or items likely to shift, IMO.

(Edit: When I bought mine the bucket already had a clevis welded in the center which I considered to be minimally useful. I welded two 3/8“ hooks on top of the bucket in front of the arms. The three are very useful in many configurations.)

Last edited:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I went this route: two grab hooks with a bigger slip in the center. This way I can chain a load anywhere relative to the bucket, grab it and let feed through the slip hook so the load is always centered

Attachments