Ct
To bolt on or to weld that is the question any Input is greatly appreciated
Thanks

BXHoosier

Equipment
BX24
Jan 21, 2018
Indiana
I used a pair of weld-on hooks but I tapped them 3/8-16 and bolted them on to the sides of the bucket. That keeps them out of the way of my homemade hang on pallet forks. I know drilling them weakened them some, but, the BX doesn’t have enough hydraulic power to break these hooks. I think they were rated at something like 6-8,000 lbs.

Attachments

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
for those with SSQA bucket, bxpanded makes quick on/removable hooks too, they are awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I made a pair of 'clamp on' hooks, though with version 2, I'm using a 3' length of electrical channel. Clamps slide on channel, channel slide into bucket, hooks slide to left/right edges of channel,tighten bolts..done.
I didn't have the heart to cut/drill/weld the bucket.....

Mine are similar to the BXexpanded ones in B737's picture, just a LOT cheaper. BX ones here, would cost north of 300 Canucks. If I'd bought new hooks and new steel , less than $40. As it was, I just used scrap laying around.Sad thing is you'd never know.....the pile never seems to go down.

Last edited:

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I always weld mine on. It's a lot easier and less expensive than bolt on. I put 3 across the top. The outside ones are to strap things in the bucket like barrols or to hook the extra chain up to keep it out of the way. Always put the lifting or pulling load in the center of your bucket to avoid damage from putting to much load on just 1 loader arm.

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Weld on is stronger than bolt on. The hooks themselves are virtually indestructible.
Weld a doubler onto the bucket if your bucket only has a thin upper lip. A full-length/width plate welded to the upper-surface will strengthen your bucket against any objects you push against also, while providing a good surface for welding hooks onto it. That bucket will not likely ever bend after that.

dalola

Equipment
BX2380 w/FEL & Woods RM48 RFM, Yazoo/Kees Max2 ZTR
Jun 30, 2017
Ohio
for those with SSQA bucket, bxpanded makes quick on/removable hooks too, they are awesome.
They also make them for the BX pin-on buckets, equally awesome. I like them because you can adjust them anywhere on the bucket, or take them off, in seconds. They are pricey, tho.

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I bought Kens bolt on hooks and couldn't be happier. Well made product built specifcalily for your tractor. Tip don't be afraid of there blemish products. When got 1 and other than the color being slightly off looks like the other. I was painting mine anyway so I wasn't concerned.

raceman712

Apr 30, 2019
Statesville, NC, USA
I used a pair of weld-on hooks but I tapped them 3/8-16 and bolted them on to the sides of the bucket. That keeps them out of the way of my homemade hang on pallet forks. I know drilling them weakened them some, but, the BX doesn’t have enough hydraulic power to break these hooks. I think they were rated at something like 6-8,000 lbs.

I like this a lot. with the exception of pulling up on something, which as mentioned, would be best suited for the center of the bucket, this covers about all your needs for securing a load.

Popgadget

Equipment
L6060
Mar 11, 2020
PA

I much prefer welding them on. Much more streamlined and faster (assuming that you have a welder). I buy these from Mytee products, they are about $3 each, the big D rings are like twice that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q tip

Equipment
BX25D
Feb 1, 2020
Ct
I went with two weld on hooks on the sides and a pad eye I the center
Got every thing from kens
Went with weld on just because I like the look better
Wish I knew how to post pics

kkk

Banned

Equipment
rtv900 /u15 ex/WP 955/woodmizer LT15
Apr 10, 2020
OreGun, BLM
Bolt on Hooks seems like the answer and Ken has some nice stuff.

That said...my JD has a welded on one thats worked fine too.

I'd still like to have one on each side vs one in the middle.

Different jobs require different lift points.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
I went with Kens bolt on hooks. Two hooks are nice when carrying stuff with the bucket.
Front Blade.jpg
And can use the blade for little tasks when you don't want to take something else off the 3-point.