Hood

bwguardian

Jan 11, 2017
Houston, Texas
I did some research on this here as well as over the net. I saw a couple places that salvaged tractors and made some phone calls...but came up empty. I am buying a Kubota L295DT (purdy sure that is what it is but will verify next time I am over at the shop) from my father who bought it new back in the 70's. He let a friend use it 25 or so years ago and the hood got ko'd. He had one of his guys fab up an angle iron frame and then pop riveted some sheet metal to it. It stays under cover also but the hood is functional. I would like to go through the tractor and do some stuff prior to me putting it to work. There aren't too many hours on it but time has taken its toll. I will be flushing the radiator, changing the engine oil, maybe changing the hydraulic oil, and replacing some of the soft hydraulic lines on the front loader. I would like to find a hood and get the orange paint spiffed up. In doing my research there are probably other model hoods that will fit...thinking most of that era 3 cylinder diesels should work like the L245, L275, etc....maybe the L1500 for example. So if anyone has any input on locating a hood or other suggestions let me know....

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
you might want to try mid-south salvage or west Kentucky salvage as a possible source for the hood. A new one if Kubota still has any in stock will run you somewhere near $700. That's just the basic shell no lights, stickers or anything. The hood off of the 245 is shaped different so it probably wont fit properly. The L series 275,285,305, and 345 are possible donors. I cant swear they will fit but they do have a similar appearance. Good luck the sheet metal for the older tractors like yours is getting harder to find. Maybe someone else can add to the model numbers that might also fit like some of the grey models.

bwguardian

Jan 11, 2017
Houston, Texas
you might want to try mid-south salvage or west Kentucky salvage as a possible source for the hood. A new one if Kubota still has any in stock will run you somewhere near $700. That's just the basic shell no lights, stickers or anything. The hood off of the 245 is shaped different so it probably wont fit properly. The L series 275,285,305, and 345 are possible donors. I cant swear they will fit but they do have a similar appearance. Good luck the sheet metal for the older tractors like yours is getting harder to find. Maybe someone else can add to the model numbers that might also fit like some of the grey models.
Thanks for the reply. I tried those and came up empty...though they really weren't interested in crossing the numbers to other models. I did find a place in Louisiana that had a couple prospects...one being a L175.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I ran the numbers, no other model used the same hood as the L295, yea they may look the same but they are not the same shape or size. ;)