HF quick hitch won't fit my stuff

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ile, most tractor supply stores sell the components of the PTO hardware. That would be the joints, and shaft material. The material may be rectangular, oval, round, so be sure to measure yours (or better yet take it with you) to get the correct size.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Ile, most tractor supply stores sell the components of the PTO hardware. That would be the joints, and shaft material. The material may be rectangular, oval, round, so be sure to measure yours (or better yet take it with you) to get the correct size.
Thanks that will be my first stop in the morning

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO

Here's a picture from the HF instruction page that came with mine.
I rarely use the hook since I got this. Yeah it's a little slower but backing up, picking up the quick hitch to engage the two lower pins and then getting off and flipping this over to connect the top link seems the quickest for me. I adjust the top link then for what I want to do.
Used on
Rotary cutter
Boxblade
Rear blade
Dirt scoop
Receiver hitch adaptor from Titan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I was doing that all wrong. I thought that thing went in the hook and of course that makes it way to long. THANKS a ton for sharing that picture. Some RKO stores have the adapter in stock.
Most of the time I can get my hook under the top pin on the implement then I have pins instead of the nuts and bolts and I put the pins in. Some of my implements I modified to work.

Ike

Equipment
Kubota L 3301, Farmall Cub. JD B. Ferguson TE 20
Jul 18, 2015
Mich
Depending on the implement there is a hole with a smaller bolt in it under where the top link goes. Drill this hole out to 3/4 inch and put a pin and bushing in it. Your hitch will then hookup with no proble. I had 3 of mine that that is all I have to do on them. The other I will fix different I just have to fugure a little longer. I also replaced the bolts on the hook with pins

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
No need for the hammer. I just used a cutoff saw, welder and drill. I got my tiller so it hooks up the way it was suppose to on the hitch, went to hook up PTO shaft and guess what IT WAS TO SHORT. Took the hitch off and rehooked the tiller without it. Now I need to find a place that sells the tube for the PTO
Yep me as well! The only implement I have not modified yet.

Just greased, topped up the gear oil in the box and topped up chain reservoir and let er buck!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I just ordered a NorTrac quick hitch cat 1 from Northern Tools. Where did you get the hitch adaptor ??

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
While most all of my stuff was quick hitch compatible, not all of the top links were at the same height....:(

I am currently in the process of moving the top link on the box blade. The pulverizer is next.

I bought the Y adapter from Landpride and have yet to test it on the rear finish mower but it should fit just fine.

As someone said earlier, there is nothing quick about getting everything set up correctly, but once it is, life is good.