HF Quick Hitch questions...again

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The problem with those 'adapters' is you can't (easily ? ) 'shim out' the SLOP between the implement and the hitch frame.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
What machine and implements are you wanting to attach? Do you have some picture of the pins on the implements? I have more implements that is normal and I’ve not needed those stepped bushings for any…so I am sort of confused on what considering. (I have a QH and a Pats).

It’s not my money or anything, but I’d start with:
1. Get a schematic of the QH you are considering that includes the vertical and horizontal dimensions for the pins.
2. Compare to all your implements.
3. Does it match or not. (Reconsider which QH makes sense for your collection of implements)
4. Depending on what you buy may either need bushings ($4/each) or swap out the pins (7-11/each). These should be available at any rural store (TSC / Agri supply / farm and family / rural king/etc).

those are sort of my thoughts with out understanding what you are trying to attach. I am not sure it helps but I hope it does. 🥃

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
What machine and implements are you wanting to attach? Do you have some picture of the pins on the implements? I have more implements that is normal and I’ve not needed those stepped bushings for any…so I am sort of confused on what considering. (I have a QH and a Pats).

It’s not my money or anything, but I’d start with:
1. Get a schematic of the QH you are considering that includes the vertical and horizontal dimensions for the pins.
2. Compare to all your implements.
3. Does it match or not. (Reconsider which QH makes sense for your collection of implements)
4. Depending on what you buy may either need bushings ($4/each) or swap out the pins (7-11/each). These should be available at any rural store (TSC / Agri supply / farm and family / rural king/etc).

those are sort of my thoughts with out understanding what you are trying to attach. I am not sure it helps but I hope it does. 🥃
Gentlemen, you have been stellar. All the thoughts and suggestions have been considered in great detail. Yes, I have measured my implements, etc., to consider what additional hardware would be needed to make a QH functional. Now, I've made my final decision...I am getting the Pat's system. The reasons are many but primarily the width of the lift pins on multiple equipment. There's no point to knock myself out trying to retrofit everything.

So, that's the story. I thank each of you for your excellent input. When I have asked for help/info on this board, I am never disappointed with the flood of helpful remarks.

Tractor Gal

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I bought a HF quick hitch a couple tractors ago and it's never been on a tractor. the three tractors I've had since buying the QH have had the pinned (not turnbuckle) stabilizers. The current tractor also has extendable arms. Not having to deal with turnbuckles was a big improvement itself.

The big deal is that my 3-point stuff varies in dimensions that don't all work wityh the fixed spacing on the QH.

Since I haven't used it, I can't say anything about another problem that people talk about. That is the extra distance between the tractor and a PTO driven implement. Some report problems with PTO shafts being too short when using a QH after the shaft was cut for use without one. It sounds like that shouldn't be a problem unless the shaft had been trimmed too much - but I don't have any experience with that.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Gentlemen, you have been stellar. All the thoughts and suggestions have been considered in great detail. Yes, I have measured my implements, etc., to consider what additional hardware would be needed to make a QH functional. Now, I've made my final decision...I am getting the Pat's system. The reasons are many but primarily the width of the lift pins on multiple equipment. There's no point to knock myself out trying to retrofit everything.

So, that's the story. I thank each of you for your excellent input. When I have asked for help/info on this board, I am never disappointed with the flood of helpful remarks.

Tractor Gal
Thank you, I think 😉 I’ve not been accused of any such noun before on this site.🤔😂

When I ordered my pats, I recall there were different levels of contents in the packages/kits…some included the lynch pin washers and lynch pins by description and some did not. IMO you need 1 set to get up and running…ultimately I’d look for a multi pack and put in the tool box. Good choice and Good luck.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Tractorgal,

This is not a dig or picking nits, but it may be beneficial to fill out in your profile to at least what kind of tractor you have so the best advise can usually be offered moving forward when questions come up. I am sure some reading this thread (at least I was) wondering what machine we were talking about. * see below

If you mentioned it in the original post, I missed it.

As to a QH specific answer....you said you already bought a Pats. I went with a LandPride(Kubota) for mine, as it was my intention to only have a couple (matched) rear implements,. My needs are different than most.

I know your case is different and I can respect that.

I have clipped Jay's profile, which appears next to every one of his posts, so am never left wondering what machine he's referring to.
1690990013720.png

Tractor Gal

Equipment
BX23D MLB
Oct 30, 2020
NC
Tractorgal,

This is not a dig or picking nits, but it may be beneficial to fill out in your profile to at least what kind of tractor you have so the best advise can usually be offered moving forward when questions come up. I am sure some reading this thread (at least I was) wondering what machine we were talking about. * see below

If you mentioned it in the original post, I missed it.

As to a QH specific answer....you said you already bought a Pats. I went with a LandPride(Kubota) for mine, as it was my intention to only have a couple (matched) rear implements,. My needs are different than most.

I know your case is different and I can respect that.

I have clipped Jay's profile, which appears next to every one of his posts, so am never left wondering what machine he's referring to.
View attachment 108441
You have a very good point, although I would've thought QH were universal for tractors of all types/kinds/HP, etc. I will try to get that completed to avoid any misunderstandings as we go forward. It seems that I always have questions about something! Thanks for your suggestion.

TG