Hero to zero in six days

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Same motivation to destroy Kaepernick I assume.
Kaepernick was a quite different situation. If his performance on the field was up to Rogers’ performance he’d still be playing somewhere. He had one good season and his performance fell off after that. Whether that was his doing or defenses just being better prepared for his style of play, don’t know, doesn’t really matter. Rogers has never been a warm and fuzzy person but his abilities have outweighed his sometimes off putting persona. Kaepernick didn’t have the performance to outweigh his negatives.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don’t think Kaepernick actually wants to play. That might be harsh except he refused to show up for the tryout set up by the NFL.

Not that I blame him, his skills have probably gotten even worse, and he still make a lot of money with his Nike deal etc. even without getting hit by NFL caliber players every week. QB in the NFL is a hard position if you are good. If you aren’t, you end your career with serious injuries.

In any case, Rogers is one of the best to ever play the game. You can’t say that about Kaepernick. As noted, he had one pretty good season, but of course, that would only make him one of the best few thousand to play the game. If you don’t remember, his protesting started after he was already on the bench.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Did he kill someone? Did he steal something of great value? No, he got Covid. That's his crime of the century.
2-pages of comments and no one seems to understand the simple concept and the root of all the angst. His crime of the century is not at all that he got Covid. His crime is that he lied stating that he had been vaccinated when, in fact, he was not. When people are believed to be vaccinated, they may have privileges that non-vaccinated people may not. Examples include, not wearing a mask, being in larger gatherings, etc. He lied, was extended the same privileges/status as vaccinated people and then contracted the virus and potentially put other people in harms way. That's the rub.

I am NOT making any advocacy for the existence of vaccinated privileges, or the degree of danger/exposure that a non-vaccinated person may impose...... merely trying to explain why some people are mad.

Reactions: 2 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
That being the case in my opinion, which is worthless, the whole thing is just stupid. Nobody’s business but his and the people directly around him what he does.
The people directly around him is most NFL players. He potentially exposed lots of people to Covid.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The people directly around him is most NFL players. He potentially exposed lots of people to Covid.
If the NFL and his team were unaware of his actual vaccination status such that they (or others outside the NFL) were treating him as vaccinated, very true and that’s much worse than simply lying to a reporter which is unjustifiable by itself.

That was actually the point of my first post in the thread (the one quoted was my second). While I don’t really care if my employees are vaccinated or not, if I had one of my employees lie to me about their vaccination status such that they were treated inappropriately and exposed coworkers to COVID and/or the business to fines and liability that would be a major problem. I just need them to be honest so we can handle things appropriately.

If he was honest with the people it truly mattered to but lied to a reporter is that wrong? Definitely yes. Both justify consequences, but generally there are more severe consequences for more egregious wrongs. Shoplifting and attempted murder are both crimes deserving punishment but not identical punishment. So, did he lie to those who were impacted or just to the reporter? That was the question asked in my original post, as I did not know the answer, to which someone replied he was honest with his team and the NFL just lied to the reporter. That answer resulted in the post you quoted.

If he was dishonest with the team, NFL, or anyone else potentially impacted by his dishonesty, at least to me that’s far more egregious and deserves much more severe consequences than lying to a reporter which is still wrong by itself. What he said to the reporter by itself had no impact on what the NFL and team protocols were so unless he lied to the team and NFL it had no impact on exposure to other players.

So I suppose the question is if he was honest with the team and NFL such that he was following unvaccinated personnel protocols, how did he expose a large number of people to COVID?

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
If the NFL and his team were unaware of his actual vaccination status such that they (or others outside the NFL) were treating him as vaccinated, very true and that’s much worse than simply lying to a reporter which is unjustifiable by itself.

That was actually the point of my first post in the thread (the one quoted was my second). While I don’t really care if my employees are vaccinated or not, if I had one of my employees lie to me about their vaccination status such that they were treated inappropriately and exposed coworkers to COVID and/or the business to fines and liability that would be a major problem. I just need them to be honest so we can handle things appropriately.

If he was honest with the people it truly mattered to but lied to a reporter is that wrong? Definitely yes. Both justify consequences, but generally there are more severe consequences for more egregious wrongs. Shoplifting and attempted murder are both crimes deserving punishment but not identical punishment. So, did he lie to those who were impacted or just to the reporter? That was the question asked in my original post, as I did not know the answer, to which someone replied he was honest with his team and the NFL just lied to the reporter. That answer resulted in the post you quoted.

If he was dishonest with the team, NFL, or anyone else potentially impacted by his dishonesty, at least to me that’s far more egregious and deserves much more severe consequences than lying to a reporter which is still wrong by itself. What he said to the reporter by itself had no impact on what the NFL and team protocols were so unless he lied to the team and NFL it had no impact on exposure to other players.

So I suppose the question is if he was honest with the team and NFL such that he was following unvaccinated personnel protocols, how did he expose a large number of people to COVID?
I don’t know if this is fact, but it has been reported that he lied to his team and NFL.

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Wether or not he is vaxed is nobody's business but his own. Not the government, not his employer no body!!

• Dislike
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Ahh the press. Always up someone's butt trying to make them reveal some juicy information so they could make a big deal out of it an advance themselves in their organization!

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
He potentially exposed lots of people to Covid.
No. As an unvaccinated person he is required by the NFL to be tested EVERY day BEFORE allowed in the building. If you are tested every day the chances of you spreading covid to someone is ZERO, because you know immediately when you have it and you are immediately isolated.

Unlike the 100,000 people packed into the stadiums screaming and hollering. I'm sure there is no spreading going on there. We have to be consistent. Who is more likely to spread covid the guy tested daily or the 100,000 strangers packed into a stadium.

As for the lie, he was an idiot for trying to play the words 'immunized' and 'vaccinated' as two different things. He did lie to the media, not the team or NFL, but I understand why. Had he told the truth to the media this is what would have happened.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Ahh the press. Always up someone's butt trying to make them reveal some juicy information so they could make a big deal out of it an advance themselves in their organization!
Which is exactly why he lied. Not saying he should have but I more than understand why he did.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
No. As an unvaccinated person he is required by the NFL to be tested EVERY day BEFORE allowed in the building. If you are tested every day the chances of you spreading covid to someone is ZERO, because you know immediately when you have it and you are immediately isolated.

Unlike the 100,000 people packed into the stadiums screaming and hollering. I'm sure there is no spreading going on there. We have to be consistent. Who is more likely to spread covid the guy tested daily or the 100,000 strangers packed into a stadium.

As for the lie, he was an idiot for trying to play the words 'immunized' and 'vaccinated' as two different things. He did lie to the media, not the team or NFL, but I understand why. Had he told the truth to the media this is what would have happened.
Very true, but he lied to NFL, so he wasn’t being tested daily.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Very true, but he lied to NFL, so he wasn’t being tested daily.
We all need to know the facts. He did, in July ask the NFL for an exemption based upon him 'treating' in a different manner other than the vaccine, that was denied by the NFL...

Quote from NFL: "The NFL does not require its players to be vaccinated. According to the NFL's COVID-19 protocols, Rodgers had to take daily tests and wear a mask in any high-risk close contact situations. The NFL player union says his treatment did not qualify him for an exemption."

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
Wether or not he is vaxed is nobody's business but his own. Not the government, not his employer no body!!
Last I checked, this is still the United States of America and comes with, among other freedoms, the freedom of choice. That CHOICE includes the right to refuse to submit to the overreach of a government who's sole desire is to destroy us. In fact, it is the DUTY of every American to defend those rights by those oppressors. Anyone who does not support those freedoms is a dirty rat Buzzard communist who does not deserve the freedoms that I and every other Veteran has provided you. It is unfortunate that so many (some on this very forum) have chosen to use those freedoms in an attempt to destroy us. Just disgusting. After 2 tours in Asia and 1 tour in South America, I believe I have earned the right to say so publicly, especially on this Veterans day.

Reactions: 1 users

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
"WITHIN THE BOUNDS OF CIVILITY, I AM FREE "....

And just because I disagree with Ranger doesn't make me a rat ,a buzzard, or a communist; it just means I am free to disagree.