Hero to zero in six days

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I was born and all my family is in Wisconsin--father was a Marine so we moved all around. Been following the news on Rodgers and my beloved Packers. Now first off Rodgers has never seemed to share the same values as me. But that being said I was kind of taken aback at how everyone is treating the man. Sponsors dropping him left and right, media eating him alive and what is his great, unforgivable crime, you may ask.....

Did he kill someone? Did he steal something of great value? No, he got Covid. That's his crime of the century.

Reactions: 2 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
in before the lock.

FWIW I totally agree with you OP.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Thing I don’t know, maybe because I’m not following the story of his heinous crime closely enough, is what did he tell the coach/team about his vaccination status? If he lied to them and they were treating him as vaccinated when he really wasn’t, that’s a bigger deal to me than if he told them the truth and lied to the press when directly asked because he knew what the “right” PC answer was. Lying to the press wasn’t one of his better moments but probably not worthy of being “canceled”. Would have been better to give them a Belichick answer like, “We’re not talking about that. Next question.”

If I had one of my employees lie to me about vaccination status such that it opened up our business for fines and civil liability from other employees due to improper handling of potential exposures I wouldn’t be much pleased with that. It’s none of my business whether my people are vaccinated or not until it gets to a mandated procedure issue and even then I don’t really care other than I just need to know what we have to do to cover the business’s butt. Just don’t lie to me about it.

Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
In his interview with Pat McPhee, Aaron says his team knew exactly why he was doing what he was and why. He’s being accused of not following the “correct” line and misleading a member of the press. Of course, many people have done that before. His employer if you believe Rogers was not upset other than mad that his vaccination status was leaked.

Most thinking people appreciate him weighing in on why vaccination mandates don’t make sense for everyone. In his case, he’s allergic to ingredients in two of the choices, and the third was briefly taken off the market for health concerns when he was making his decision on how to deal with the vaccination requirements.

Just logical, reasonable thought, but according to some, that’s not allowed.

Side note, one of my daughter’s friends can’t attend her friend’s wedding because she’s been advised not got vaccinated due to where she is in her pregnancy, and her friend is requiring vaccinations to attend. No, not logical, but it is the “correct” stance. Yet another reason why vaccination mandates don’t make sense for everyone. Again, that reasoning is not allowed.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Thing I don’t know, maybe because I’m not following the story of his heinous crime closely enough, is what did he tell the coach/team about his vaccination status?
They knew and the NFL knew because he asked for an exemption--which the NFL denied, which required him to be tested daily. Why did he lie to the press? Because he know the backlash that would occur (and here it is).

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
They knew and the NFL knew because he asked for an exemption--which the NFL denied, which required him to be tested daily. Why did he lie to the press? Because he know the backlash that would occur (and here it is).
That being the case in my opinion, which is worthless, the whole thing is just stupid. Nobody’s business but his and the people directly around him what he does.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I grew up a Dallas Cowboys then NY Giants fan.

A few years ago, I started to become displeased with NFL. National Felons League.

Domestic and other violence. Accused rapists....one in particular I wouldn't watch anymore....

Didn't one shoot himself with a gun he had in his pocket at a nightclub (😲)?!?

They all seem to walk....no consequences...

Then there was a move to "take a knee" during the National Anthem.....last straw for me. Boycotted NFL since.

Monthly, we have a meeting where I'm expected to pledge my allegiance to my Flag. I'm more than happy to do so, and my employer expects it. All good.

On Sunday afternoons, an NFL player is at work. His employer could/should expect the same.

If he wants to do otherwise during his off-work time, that's fine.....Just don't do it doing your "work time," which is televised for me to see.....

I do watch the Superbowl each year. Probably hypocritical on my part.

That player and all his buddies are making good coin in the good ole USA.....
🇺🇲

Last edited:
  • Love

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You know, at the end of the day, this guy is just one of 330 million in this country, and one of billions in the world.

Not sure why we should care…

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You know, at the end of the day, this guy is just one of 330 million in this country, and one of billions in the world.

Not sure why we should care…
I agree completely, especially who the guy is.

Not to thread drift from aaluck's point, but just heard another NFL player DWI doing 156mph and killed another after a collision.....

Oh joy, they're all role models...:oops:

They are all above normal laws/conventions....or they think they are.

Last edited:

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
The TV personalities have nothing of purpose to come forth with so they have to drag this guy through the mud to stay relevant to our society. It's a joke. ALL OF IT.

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
A lie is a lie... Let's not forget that. I don't follow football so I had to look this dude up; he sure seems like a good, nice guy. I bet he wishes he had told the truth.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I grew up a Dallas Cowboys then NY Giants fan.

A few years ago, I started to become displeased with NFL. National Felons League.

Domestic and other violence. Accused rapists....one in particular I wouldn't watch anymore....

Didn't one shoot himself with a gun he had in his pocket at a nightclub (😲)?!?

They all seem to walk....no consequences...

Then there was a move to "take a knee" during the National Anthem.....last straw for me. Boycotted NFL since.

Monthly, we have a meeting where I'm expected to pledge my allegiance to my Flag. I'm more than happy to do so, and my employer expects it. All good.

On Sunday afternoons, an NFL player is at work. His employer could/should expect the same.

If he wants to do otherwise during his off-work time, that's fine.....Just don't do it doing your "work time," which is televised for me to see.....

I do watch the Superbowl each year. Probably hypocritical on my part.

That player and all his buddies are making good coin in the good ole USA.....
🇺🇲
Couldn’t agree with you more. But this guys only ‘crime’ is getting COVID and not being vaccinated. Far cry from the other infractions as it only effects HIM, no one else.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
the whole thing is manufactured, starting in Jan of 2020.

See how quickly the media can destroy someone? 6 days. Actually sooner than that, but I'll use 6 to align with the post.

The media-is the most powerful being of this country, possibly the world. But we let them get that way and now we have to figure out how to dethrone it.

The media-is responsible for every election. Trying not to get too political here. You get the idea. Hopefully.

I have dealt with media members both professionally and personally. I dated a well-known news personality for a while. I also have been in front of cameras a bunch of times. They like to turn things around. The girlfriend was cool, she really didn't like that part of the job but everything else was swell. She left the job to start her own gig, and is doing very well with it. We parted ways before then, and mutually--honestly we were different people, too different to make a relationship work, not that we didn't TRY. We are still friends. In front of the camera, they'll take a 30 minute interview and pare it down to 2 minutes, pulling any and all wording they deem pertinent to them (and not to the viewers) to be broadcast. The whole story, is never (EVER) told. I saw this many many times in the last 30 some years I've had dealings with all of the media, and nowadays I tell them first thing, turn them off, I am not to be recorded. One of the producers called me and wanted to do a local story, and I was honored but also explained my past experiences with the media in general, and how that past turned me away from doing this deal. My dad would have been proud to see it on the tv but I also told dad that it wasn't right to allow them to do what they usually do, again. Y'all keep this stuff in mind next time you see a 10 second or however long interview of someone, whether it be the potus, or the lady next door whose kid got the covid or whatever. There is ALWAYS more to the story and the majority of the time none of us ever know. Those who do, never get the opportunity to tell about it.

here is a great example. I was called to the side when I was younger, to do a quick interview about what I was doing. The first questions had to do with EDUCATION, which had absolutely nothing to do with why I was there. This was at a drag strip, at a drag racing event where I had been participating. Where did schooling come into play??? They simply wanted the opinions, and take the wording of any opinion I had to publish it in the paper. Needless to say I quickly refused the interview with a good bit of confusion and went about my way.

The news-is broken, and has been for quite some time. It is no longer news, it is entertainment and sales of advertising; both biased heavily. And most of us eat it up.

For those reasons and more, I don't trust any of the media. In fact I own 3 TV's and it's rare to turn any of them on except when I want to know what the weather's doing, occasionally in the evening when I'm laying down, for the sound-it puts me to sleep (especially if it's a recorded nascar race).

Similarly, Rodgers. Do we know the whole story? Is what we see true? Will anyone ever know? What is the motivation to destroy this man?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
it puts me to sleep (especially if it's a recorded nascar race).
Couple things:

1) Agree in general with your post. News media historically (as in 19th century and back plus some early 20th century) has been more of a propaganda machine than objective fact source. If you don’t believe it, Google yellow journalism for an example. The idea that journalists are some highly ethical bunch of objective investigators of truth, truth, and nothing but the truth is a rather modern thing that seems to be just another element of the spin.

2) Speaking of pulling something out that misdirects the whole interview, you mentioned sleeping through a NASCAR race. I used to watch NASCAR but been quite a while. No reason, just busy I guess. One of my top 2 or 3 days is still get up in time for a decent breakfast without being in a hurry, church, back for a good lunch, turn on the race, wake up a few hours later to get an update on what happened and watch the last few laps. That’s a good day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
"misleading a member of the press." - they mislead themselves often enough so why not...

• Haha