Here we go kids

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I think a larger percentage of our problems involving the government could be solved if we:
  1. Term limits on all elected positions
  2. Pass a background check like you require the Federal, State, and local workers to pass on all elected officials
  3. Pass a drug test on elected officials like all other government employees
I think those three things would do more to solve the government infringing on rights than anything.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tthorkil

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M9540HDC12 / LX2610HSDC / ZD1011-48 / Bobcat S250
Jan 1, 2011
Bagley, MN, United States
I think a larger percentage of our problems involving the government could be solved if we:
Maybe no 2 consecutive terms so they are not wasting the last year(s) of their terms campaigning for re-election and give the people time to see if their legislation was worthy of another round in office.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
The right right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
I just have a simple ask. Before we go to war over the 2nd Amendment, could we at least be bothered to quote it properly?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
  1. Term limits on all elected positions.
I think those three things would do more to solve the government infringing on rights than anything.
While it seems on the surface like a good idea, the way government works in practice it just gives the formal parties, lifelong bureaucrats, staffers, and the lobbyists 100% control as an endless windmill of 2-4 yr legislators pass through the system without a clue how it works. At least a long-tenured legislator has a chance of being effective.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I just have a simple ask. Before we go to war over the 2nd Amendment, could we at least be bothered to quote it properly?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."
I AM a well regulated militia. I have used firearms for over 60 years, and have owned firearms for nearly 50 years. I have never misused one, never committed a crime of any kind, never allowed my firearms to be misused, or handled by anyone not qualified. I have taken extensive training in their use, and support three organizations that promote firearm safety training. I take extensive precautions to keep mine from falling into the wrong hands. I am a well regulated militia.

Some people suggest that the founding fathers didn't mean for citizens to own arms. or that they somehow "mis-spoke" when writing the constitution.

I suggest this read to clarify their intent. (might be too long to post here)

Reactions: 3 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Let's also get the grammar correct

Second-Amendment-Part-1.jpg

Second-Amendment-Part-2.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

cmorningstar01

Equipment
B7500HST LA302 FEL 5'Finish Mower B5100E 46" Snow Plow 22 ton splitter
Mar 27, 2011
Pemberton NJ USA
Our founding fathers had just fought a war against one of the most well equipped and best armies in the world, when they penned the second amendment they intended for the people of our country to be as well equipped as any military or police force that they may need to rise up against, Every time a new law is enacted is infringes on the second amendment and yet does nothing to reduce "people violence"...yes people violence as there is no such thing as gun violence, a gun is an inanimate object.
Someone up the line mentioned how we now treat criminals and the mentally ill and that is the biggest problem, we do not treat criminals as criminals anymore, we no longer have prisons for penal(penalty) we have correctional facilities where the inmates have more rights and privileges than the citizens who pay the taxes to run them, we no longer have mental institutions to house those that obviously can not take care of themselves, .

Firearms laws punish law abiding people and not the actual criminals, we see that time and time again.

As for executive actions and executive orders, neither one are laws and laws can only be passed by either the state or federal legislature

I live in a state that makes me pay for a background check, makes me pay for fingerprinting, makes me pay taxes on the sale of both a firearm and ammunition,...basically I am paying fees and taxes on a right , imagine if there were fees and taxes on any other right...say for instance voting or free speech.

As far as the slipper slope...we have alread slid way down that slope, it started with the NFA and proigressed from there, currently in my state a BB or Pellet rifle requires a firearms ID card and a BB or Pellet pistol requires a Pistol permit, Firearms I owned my whole life became unlawful for me to own when my state banned assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

Ironically my state made it legal for illegal aliens to get a drivers license.

Mass casualty even no firearm required: On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19-tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 458 others

When only the government has firearms then there will be no freedom or liberty

Reactions: 4 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
While it seems on the surface like a good idea, the way government works in practice it just gives the formal parties, lifelong bureaucrats, staffers, and the lobbyists 100% control as an endless windmill of 2-4 yr legislators pass through the system without a clue how it works. At least a long-tenured legislator has a chance of being effective.
Long tenured legislators seem to always find ways to come out with way more wealth then they went in with, and multiply times their annual salary. We might just be better with a system of legislators that have no clue. Current "leader", been in government 47 years, I think he claims. There is something there that just keeps attracting him. Maybe this explains some the attraction.

Reactions: 1 user

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I AM a well regulated militia. I have used firearms for over 60 years, and have owned firearms for nearly 50 years. I have never misused one, never committed a crime of any kind, never allowed my firearms to be misused, or handled by anyone not qualified. I have taken extensive training in their use, and support three organizations that promote firearm safety training. I take extensive precautions to keep mine from falling into the wrong hands. I am a well regulated militia.

Some people suggest that the founding fathers didn't mean for citizens to own arms. or that they somehow "mis-spoke" when writing the constitution.

I suggest this read to clarify their intent. (might be too long to post here)
VERY good quotes.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
  2. Pass a background check like you require the Federal, State, and local workers to pass on all elected officials
  3. Pass a drug test on elected officials like all other government employees
I would also require passing an IQ test with a minimal scoring requirement.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I am guessing the Elizabeth Warren and Mayor Pete voters would agree with you if they could set the number . . .

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
That would eliminate just about everyone in office.

Sounds like a great idea to me.

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA

It would also be important to note that the word 'regulated' in the late 1700's was not used as it is used today. Regulated means 'to make regular' not 'pass a whole bunch of laws'.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Our founding fathers had just fought a war against one of the most well equipped and best armies in the world, when they penned the second amendment they intended for the people of our country to be as well equipped as any military or police force that they may need to rise up against, Every time a new law is enacted is infringes on the second amendment and yet does nothing to reduce "people violence"...yes people violence as there is no such thing as gun violence, a gun is an inanimate object.
Someone up the line mentioned how we now treat criminals and the mentally ill and that is the biggest problem, we do not treat criminals as criminals anymore, we no longer have prisons for penal(penalty) we have correctional facilities where the inmates have more rights and privileges than the citizens who pay the taxes to run them, we no longer have mental institutions to house those that obviously can not take care of themselves, .

Firearms laws punish law abiding people and not the actual criminals, we see that time and time again.

As for executive actions and executive orders, neither one are laws and laws can only be passed by either the state or federal legislature

I live in a state that makes me pay for a background check, makes me pay for fingerprinting, makes me pay taxes on the sale of both a firearm and ammunition,...basically I am paying fees and taxes on a right , imagine if there were fees and taxes on any other right...say for instance voting or free speech.

As far as the slipper slope...we have alread slid way down that slope, it started with the NFA and proigressed from there, currently in my state a BB or Pellet rifle requires a firearms ID card and a BB or Pellet pistol requires a Pistol permit, Firearms I owned my whole life became unlawful for me to own when my state banned assault weapons and large capacity magazines.

Ironically my state made it legal for illegal aliens to get a drivers license.

Mass casualty even no firearm required: On the evening of 14 July 2016, a 19-tonne cargo truck was deliberately driven into crowds of people celebrating Bastille Day on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, resulting in the deaths of 86 people and the injury of 458 others

When only the government has firearms then there will be no freedom or liberty
People violence is a good name for it.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Just a thought to promote critical thinking: If the stated goal is to save lives, why not lower the speed limit on highways to 25mph?

Answer: this is not about saving lives

Reactions: 2 users