Here we go kids

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Read and understand the article, and please NO crazy comments. This is an important issue for ALL Americans

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
One key take away, it is an Executive Action and NOT an Executive Order.

Simple difference, orders can be enforced and carry punishment; actions are policy and guidelines.

We already knew what there policy was and this just makes it formal.

Reactions: 1 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
I didn't vote for her and will keep my thoughts and comments to my self.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Odd that you can't find PUNISH CRIMINAL anywhere in there.

Seems like if less people wanted to commit crime, crime would go down - IMHO.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This is just an off the wall idea, but seems like the best place to start is a definition of part of the problem that everyone can agree on, and then for people to suggest and work toward solutions. The best people to suggest palatable solutions are the people that have and know guns. Legislators don’t count :cool:

E.g. Most people can agree that guns in the hands of crazy people is not a good thing. So how to go about decreasing the number that wind up there? I am tired of hearing about the slippery slope and thin edge of the wedge as an excuse for doing nothing. Figure out what would work with the fewest unintended consequences. If gun owners as a group could come up with some good ideas that would be a huge help.

Reactions: 2 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sheepfarmer, with all due respect, and I know your opinion. I will here remark, that there are enough laws on the books, state and federal to encompass all things natural, and not one of them could have stopped any thing. Is the systems we have in place now perfect, no not by a long shot. And the bad guys, or crazy ones don't care about the laws. And really this is not about firearms at all it is really about control plain and simple, just ask the Jews they have long memories

Reactions: 3 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Sheepfarmer, with all due respect, and I know your opinion. I will here remark, that there are enough laws on the books, state and federal to encompass all things natural, and not one of them could have stopped any thing. Is the systems we have in place now perfect, no not by a long shot. And the bad guys, or crazy ones don't care about the laws. And really this is not about firearms at all it is really about control plain and simple, just ask the Jews they have long memories
I've lost count but a few years back over 2400 gun laws. A good common ground would be the " felon in possession " prosecution being made monitory instead of a DA's choice. Here in Tx the crime of a felon in possession of a handgun/rifle if prosecuted/convicted is 15 years no parole/early release and if convicted of other crimes those sentences do not start until the 15 years are up.
I bring this up since a distant cousin was allways on the wrong side of the law and after a few years in got out early & immediately went in the meth makeing business. Got busted but the Van Zandt County DA never charged him with the firearms possession. Served 6 months in State pen then got released because he got gout.
If liberals would just pay attention to history instead of repeating what has allready brought suffering . Germany gave up personal firearms and then what happened ? Instead , liberals that can't or won't read the Constitution try to make criminals out of law abiding folks.
I don't know if Americans have the conviction of the folks at Gonzales Tx in 1835. Santa Anna wanted thier canon, they replied " come and take it ".

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
People say often how people have changed- gotten crazier, and more violent.
My father would reply (and I agree wholeheartedly) that people have not changed one bit.
A certain percentage of the population (15-20%) will always prey on others, unless given the incentive not to, or stopped from doing it again.
What has changed is the way we treat criminals, and people who should be in mental institutions.
In the 50s & even into the 60s we left our doors unlocked, keys in our cars, and were completely safe walking out late at night.
Then the liberal culture decided that families should not have to bear the stigma of having a family member in mental institution, so they are released (or not treated at all) as long as they take their meds.
Yeah, that worked out well.
The liberal culture decided that criminals behaved badly because someone said "NO" to them or spanked them as a child. They act out because they were mistreated. So sentences got less & less, plea bargains got more & more common until there is basically no real penalties for committing crimes. Do you realize, that at one point, the average sentence served for premeditated 1st degree murder in this country had dropped below 7 years? Thankfully, that trend is slowly reversing. Do you know where the majority of mass shootings take place? IN GUN FREE ZONES! Another crackpot liberal idea that is working out just fine.

You want to end gun violence?
Make using a gun in a criminal act (including stealing one) an automatic, non-appealable, no plea bargain death sentence carried out in 10 days of conviction, on public television.
That $#!& would stop right the F^@% now.

All of those who wish to take away my right to defend myself need to report for castration immediately.
You want to take my weapons because I might misuse them & in your opinion they serve no useful purpose in your society.
Well, you might rape someone, so let's chop 'em off, and your genes getting into the gene pool certainly serve no useful purpose in my society.

I could go on for hours, but you get my drift.

Rant off.

And now I await banishment, because I am arguing on the wrong side of the status quo around here.

Reactions: 14 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
yep this thread getting canceled soon just like the rest of normal world.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What Bill's said!

How does anyone effectively train a dog, horse, human....anything with a brain? It's real simple. Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing difficult.

No one got their butt swatted, or set in time out because they did something their parents were proud of. Nope, just the opposite. You do something wrong and you get notified it's wrong. The sooner the better. But society says that's wrong. They say you steal someone's bicycle, we're going to outlaw bicycles!!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Common guys,, I just posted for information please dont let it get out of hand if it do I will ask it to be pulled
Now back to our regular programing

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Common guys,, I just posted for information please dont let it get out of hand if it do I will ask it to be pulled
Now back to our regular programing
What do you mean you posted for information? Its obviously a hot button item and people are going to talk about it. Talking about it means offending a few people and thats grounds for canceling in upside down world.

Reactions: 3 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Ole Judge Roy Bean used to say : " we're gonna give you a fair trial this afternoon and hang you in the mornin " .