Help!!!, with B8200D Hydraulic Problem

RRRAVEN

Equipment
B8200D 4x4
Oct 29, 2010
Deerfield, NH, USA
Am posting this for a friend and myself as I am trying to help to get his machine workable again. He went to use his B8200D the other day and has almost no use of his hydraulics. The front bucket barely moves and the rear implement attachment will barely go up and down. The fluid level is fine and the machine has no hydraulic fluid leaks. Does anyone know the location of the hydraulic filter or suction strainer? He does not have an owners manual or repair manual. If I move the needle valve from the A to B position on the valve body located next to your right foot I can get the hydraulics to work slightly but that's it. Any idea's? Thanx in advance!

Last edited:

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
The hydraulic strainer looks like a large bolt on the right side below the rear fender. If you do a search on this site I'm sure you'll see some pictures. Try under B6200 and B7200 as they are very similar. Sorry it's to late to take a picture.

RRRAVEN

Equipment
B8200D 4x4
Oct 29, 2010
Deerfield, NH, USA
Thank you DsBota! I'm going to check it out for him Sunday morning. Hopefully this is the culprit. He keeps telling me he needs to buy a service manual maybe he can get himself one for Christmas!

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
No problem. The cap is about inch and a half wide with I think about a 21 mm or larger bolt head on it. i hope thats the culprit as it's a easy fix.

Dion

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Is it a gear drive or hydrostat. Mine is hydro and the filter is under the left fender. On the hsd model (hsd = hydrostat) I think there are also two screen filters like in the pic from Ds. My book is in the shop. If no one else clears that up, I will look in the morning.:D Dusty

RRRAVEN

Equipment
B8200D 4x4
Oct 29, 2010
Deerfield, NH, USA
Didn't get a chance to look at it Sunday but I'll be checking it out Tuesday after work. Thanx to all of you for your information and photo's. I'll let you know how I make out.

RRRAVEN

Equipment
B8200D 4x4
Oct 29, 2010
Deerfield, NH, USA
Success! Pulled the banjo bolt/strainer and what do you know the strainer was completely clogged/sludged over. Cleaned it real good with solvent and blew it dry with compressed air. Reinstalled and refilled the hyd. fluid and presto, front and rear hydraulics are working great! I'm still going to push my neighbor into getting that service manual for the next time I (and I stress the "I as in me" part) have to work on his tractor!
Thanx again!