Since you are low on mechanical skills, I hope that you are flush with cash, because this is going to need a professional to figure out what is wrong. Engines don't suddenly run out of oil unless there is a physical injury to the engine, such as hitting a rock and damaging the oil pan. Most likely you haven't been taking very good care of the machine by checking the dipstick every time that you use it, or even once a week. There is a good chance that your engine is damaged and will need some expensive repairs or replacement. Seen this happen with cars, where no maintenance is done until it stops running when it becomes too late. Maintenance isn't an expense, it is a preventative to a major expense. You might be thinking that I am being cruel, but I am not going to sugarcoat this bitter pill called poor maintenance.