Help new guy with implement fall rate to the ground

OldHorseman

Equipment
2006 Kubota B7510DT
Jul 31, 2018
Big Island,VA , USA
Hello everyone! I am brand new to to the wonderful world of owning my own tractor and this site. I first want to give a shout out to 85Hokie whom is a very good friend of mine and was a big determining factor in me becoming the owner of a 2006 B7510 DT. This is my first ever tractor and the whole shopping experience taught me that if you don't know what to look for when purchasing a tractor then you should ask someone that does. Thanks again 85Hokie.
Okay now to move on to what my issue is. With a 3 point blade attached the PTO raises the implement just fine; however, when I lower the blade it is going down at a snails pace. I understand about the knob adjustment that controls the rate of descent but I have it wide open and still it barely crawls back to the ground. I know that this is the best of the two evils (falling very, very slow vs very fast or just slamming down) however I feel that I am missing something that needs to be checked or serviced. The tractor has been sitting for about an year. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks Kenny

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Is it a light weight blade?
If it is throw some weight on it to see if the speed increases, if it doesn't then you need to get in to it and work on the adjustment.
If it does increase then it probably just need to work a bit to get it to speed up.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The knob may be turning but not turning the shaft that controls the bleed down.

Ipz,

This is what I think it is too - have not had a chance to "look" at that!

Despite that machine only having a 187 hours....the PO NEVER and I mean NEVER thought the idea of greasing a zerk was something that needed to be completed......ONE FEL pin was locked in there tighter than dicks hat band......PB and BFH used nicely got it free.

Ought see that guy......His smile is ear to ear.....

HE did MAKE one huge mistake however.........

HIS wife drives it better than he does!!!!!:D:p:)