Help Needed- One Hydraulic Piston wont retract

JAngell2016

Equipment
M59
Jan 18, 2016
Blanco,TX
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and hope I am able to explain my problem intelligently.

My dad has a newer M 59 loader/back hoe. For some reason I cannot put the bucket back on the front end because the plates wont align on same plane.
One piston wont extend all the way and the other won't retract all the way.
There is a difference in exposed piston length of about 1" from one to the other.
Im trying to find out if perhaps fluid has gotten behind a piston and or how to bleed and or align the bucket mounting plates. I need to fix this before he gets home and finds out I broke his machine!!!!

Sincerley,

John- Hopin' I don't get a whoopin

Shadow

May 18, 2015
Somewhere
I would bet your quick attach is twisted on the loader frame. I've seen if a few times. You would have to take off the quick attach, cut the tube in half, and "clock" the quick attach so that they are the same, and then reweld. I've done them by cutting them in the center of the tube, getting a tube of steel that can slide inside the original, then weld it back together and paint it. If you do a good job, you can hardly tell it was repaired.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
John, I'm not clear on what your situation is, so this may not help. My take on your problem is that you want to put the loader bucket back on the cylinders but you can't get them to extend or retract the same. In cases like that:
a) Retract or extend them until one is in an ideal position and the other is close;
b) Shut down the tractor, then move the levers to relieve all pressure in the system. (This is critical!);
c) You may have to have the bucket out of the way to do this next step: Push the extended rod (or pull the retracted rod) that isn't in the right position (may be hard, but you can move them a little);
d) Move the bucket into position if you had to move it, and hook up the pins.

Hope that helps.

JAngell2016

Equipment
M59
Jan 18, 2016
Blanco,TX
Thanks Shaun - I have tried to upload a pic I took earlier. You have a pretty good idea what my problem is. The bucket is off and the port side is fully retracted, however starboard (right) one is not. It seams to me that if I loosened the hose fitting and allowed the line to bleed, I could then full collapse the piston, and make it like the other side then tighten the fitting and put the bucket on. My problem is I can't put a wrench on the machine ( I'm in trouble w my dad) and he thinks I have caused great damage and it needs to go to the shop.
I wish I could send you a pic and thanks for your feedback -John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx Jim

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040 HDC-1,JD 4255,Ford 6700
Apr 30, 2013
Coyote Flats,Texas
Ditto what NIW stated and linked to. I'd put a strap/chain on QA to something solid and ""gently correct"" alignment problem

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Seen it a BUNCH of times. The M59, good luck "clocking" it without cutting it. That's a big chunk of steel to try to twist.