Help me decide

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Nice and congratulations on your purchase. After a few hours of use regrease loader and check lug nut torque.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Exciting news to post!
Got a call Wednesday they were able to have another B2601 with R14’s sent to them and they would swap the tires so I was ready to go. Swung over after work yesterday afternoon to sign the paperwork and go through everything. Afterwards we ran to Lowe’s and grabbed 100 bricks since they were on sale for .25 each making 100 only $25. Easy ballast that I can adjust as needed.
Dealer dropped my tractor off this morning! So far I used the pallet forks and the grapple. I’ve got to admit, it was amazing being able to just unload the entire pallet with 100 bricks on it out the back of my truck instead of unloading the bricks by hand! I got my quick hitch and ballast box installed and then cleaned up the 3 smaller downed trees in my back yard.
Congratulations!
Nice machine!
What is that funny looking shovel like thing used for, that is leaning against your garage?
Have not ever seen anything like that here in Florida.:ROFLMAO:

• Haha

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Congratulations on receiving the tractor!

Reactions: 1 user

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
Congratulations!
Nice machine!
What is that funny looking shovel like thing used for, that is leaning against your garage?
Have not ever seen anything like that here in Florida.:ROFLMAO:
The snow shovel? 😜 Have a few that can probably (hopefully) be put away this weekend. We had snow and ice just a week ago! I did however, schedule an appointment to get the snow tires swapped back to summer tires on my car and we pulled up the driveway markers today. Little signs that better weather is just around the corner.

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
Nice and congratulations on your purchase. After a few hours of use regrease loader and check lug nut torque.
Will do!

I brought the manuals in and started reading them. I'll have to go through and see if I need to get some larger sockets or not and I still need to order a better grease gun. I'm leaning heavily towards the Lube Shuttle with some LI400 grease since I hate how messy greasing is.

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
After the tractor arrived, I did grab my foam Cannon and gave it a quick wash followed by Hydr02 by CarPro. I love the stuff as it gives a nice easy coating that lasts about 6 months or so.

I have some weld on hooks for the bucket and need to stop and pick up some expanded or perferated metal to enhance the brush guard.

I also think I want to buy or fab up a step to make getting on and off a bit easier and maybe order the part to make the B2601 brush guard till back instead of out so much.

someguy9000

Oct 7, 2022
California
Will do!

I brought the manuals in and started reading them. I'll have to go through and see if I need to get some larger sockets or not and I still need to order a better grease gun. I'm leaning heavily towards the Lube Shuttle with some LI400 grease since I hate how messy greasing is.
Have you seen the LocknLube grade gun couplers. Those things are 1000% worth it. I also bought guns (both pistol and lever style) from them, and they have been good.

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
Have you seen the LocknLube grade gun couplers. Those things are 1000% worth it. I also bought guns (both pistol and lever style) from them, and they have been good.
Yes, I bought a lock n lube fitting. Haven't used it yet.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Will do!

If you "hate" greasing as much as I did.....
Treat yourself to either a DeWalt or Milwaukee 20V grease gun, .......to mount on your Lock-n-Lube.
Greasing will almost become fun......almost!

Last edited:

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
Treat yourself to either a DeWalt or Milwaukee 20V grease gun, .......to mount on your Lock-n-Lube.
Same here! A good quality battery powered grease gun with a Lock-N-Lube changes the whole job. (I went with DeWalt, since that is what all my other tools are)

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
I am contemplating getting a Milwaukee grease gun as I have both M18 and M12 tools already. However, I am leaning towards the Lube Shuttle as it isn't supposed to leak and I always have issues with leaking and messy grease guns.

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a lube Shuttle with LI400 grease as it looks like it could be used on everything from my mowers, to trailer, to my new tractor. One grease and not have to swap or keep multiple types around. IDK. That grease is a bit more expensive. It all depends on how much grease I go through. I think it was probably close to 3 years ago last time I bought grease and that tube is still going, which is probably part of the reason why it always leaks on me.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I am contemplating getting a Milwaukee grease gun as I have both M18 and M12 tools already. However, I am leaning towards the Lube Shuttle as it isn't supposed to leak and I always have issues with leaking and messy grease guns.

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a lube Shuttle with LI400 grease as it looks like it could be used on everything from my mowers, to trailer, to my new tractor. One grease and not have to swap or keep multiple types around. IDK. That grease is a bit more expensive. It all depends on how much grease I go through. I think it was probably close to 3 years ago last time I bought grease and that tube is still going, which is probably part of the reason why it always leaks on me.
One tube of grease used in 3 years?
Buy the cheapest POS grease gun that you can find!

country_hick

Mar 2, 2023
Maine
I bought a (made in USA back then) lubrimatic pistol grip grease gun after I got out of the military because these were the kind of grease guns the military used. I bought a second one at a yard sale for $1. :D Lubrimatic now is made in China. :rolleyes: The pistol grip makes it a lot easier to use compared to the long handled version. Unless someone has hand problems a simple hand powered pistol grip grease gun is all that is needed. For those with hand problems like arthritis there are battery and air powered grease guns. Batteries do not last forever and may be impossible to replace in the future unlike your air compressor and air hoses.

For some hard to reach ball joint fittings I used angled zerk (grease) fittings. There are also angled and adjustable angle grease gun couplers available. You can buy quick disconnect grease couplers from several sources.

The one problem the compact tractors all seem to have is the lack of a tool box that is big enough to hold a grease gun. The old tractors always came with a tool box big enough to hold multiple tools.

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
it was amazing being able to just unload the entire pallet with 100 bricks on it out the back of my truck instead of unloading the bricks by hand!
Woo hoo! There you go...tractor worth it already.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The one problem the compact tractors all seem to have is the lack of a tool box that is big enough to hold a grease gun. The old tractors always came with a tool box big enough to hold multiple tools.
I replaced my B2601 tool box with an ammo box. Still not big enough for a grease gun. But a lot bigger than it was.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
If we were in a "I hate greasing contest", I think I would win. :)

I've hated greasing for 30+ years.

It started with greasing EA-6B's in 1990 with about 100 grease points every 14 days on 18 aircraft with only hand powered grease guns ....You do the math.... I still hate greasing to this day.

I have a DeWalt battery operated one now and having the battery powered grease gun makes it bearable..... but just barely.

I also use the Loc-n-Lube and its great, although it does not fit everywhere cause its kinda big. But for 95% of the jobs I do it fits.

Paul

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If we were in a "I hate greasing contest", I think I would win. :)

I've hated greasing for 30+ years.

It started with greasing EA-6B's in 1990 with about 100 grease points every 14 days on 18 aircraft with only hand powered grease guns ....You do the math.... I still hate greasing to this day.

I have a DeWalt battery operated one now and having the battery powered grease gun makes it bearable..... but just barely.

I also use the Loc-n-Lube and its great, although it does not fit everywhere cause its kinda big. But for 95% of the jobs I do it fits.

Paul
In the mid '60's my squadron had eleven EA-3B's --Rota.
I was a 1st tour Lt., and much to my chagrin, was not qualified to fly the "whale".
I flew the two EC-121M's we had.
The only oil & grease I saw, was that which dripped on me, from all four engines, during walk-arounds.
You were at Whidbey?

I love my DeWalt 20V grease gun,..... because like you, I have always hated greasing,....and now........I am really old!

Last edited:

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
In the mid '60's my squadron had 11 EA-3B's --Rota.
I was a 1st tour Lt., and much to my chagrin, was not qualified to fly the "whale".
I was flying the EC-121M, and the only oil & grease I saw was that which dripped on me during walk-arounds.
You were at Whidbey?
Nope, never got there.

Most of the other Jarheads went there for schooling, but I got sent to Oceana Virginia for some reason, then I was stationed at MCAS Cherry Point with VMAQ-2.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Nope, never got there.

Most of the other Jarheads went there for schooling, but I got sent to Oceana Virginia for some reason, then I was stationed at MCAS Cherry Point with VMAQ-2.
Oh....I thought only us "squids" flew the EA stuff.
I suppose things changed much, over the 30 years between the 60' and the 90's

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Oh....I thought only us "squids" flew the EA stuff.
I suppose things changed much, over the 30 years between the 60' and the 90's
We were the only squadron that had the EA's in the Marines. We had 18 birds with 3 detachments. When we were all in the same place, I was a plane greasing fool.