Help me decide

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
Figured I’d post an update here since this is the thread I started when I was deciding what to get. For anyone that has seen some of my posts, some of these may be familiar.

I absolutely love my B2601! It’s done everything I’ve asked of it so far and it’s been great. I welded some hooks to the bucket and have used them and some chain to pull some fence posts (so much easier than by hand!) I added some additional grille protection as well. I’ve been able to load up huge chunks of maple that were too heavy to lift, and was a struggle to even rotate with my can’t hook, but my tractor moved them easily enough. Actually loaded up a dump truck to the point it was squatting pretty good with the maple rounds.
Last week, I dropped, limbed, bucked, stacked, and cleaned up 10 ash trees and the B2601 with grapple made it so much easier! In the past, I’d be constantly putting my saw down to help haul to the curb or at least out of the way so I could keep cutting and I didn’t have to stop every few cuts to clear the way which made the job go so much more quickly.

I did go with the Lubeshuttle grease gun and a lock n lube fitting. Since doing so, I’ve greased a few things that I really should have kept up on, but my previous grease gun was just a PITA. It never wanted to release and always made a mess. This new grease gun I’ve actually been using so that’s a plus.

I also got a digital torque adapter from HF and it’s pretty cool. Easier to use than my older click torque wrenches so that’s a plus.
I’ve got a few more trees to do and lots of yard cleanup after grinding stumps. For now, I ordered a Piranha tooth bar for the bucket to aid in some digging tasks. I’ve got to redo my paver patio and extend it to accommodate a hot tub as well as some other landscaping tasks I hope the tooth bar will be beneficial for.

I want to add some work lights. I was putting fence back up the other day and finished up as it was starting to get dark and unless the bucket is on the ground the headlights are pretty worthless.

Is there a light kit I should look at or what specs should I look for? I know the B01 can’t handle a huge draw, and honestly I don’t need huge lights, maybe a couple forward and one reverse? I just want to be able to see in the dark, which I anticipate needing come winter when it’s time to clear snow.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I am not sure what is the right kit to get, but might be worth while to consider the “IP rating” you require.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
I had a BX2370 and had a lot of LED's and I figured out and measured about 15 amps if I remember correctly.

Front

Rear

Side

Top caution LED's was a code 3 multiple colors LED's(like on railroad work trucks). Added later and did not measure amperage draw

Reactions: 1 user

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
I had a BX2370 and had a lot of LED's and I figured out and measured about 15 amps if I remember correctly.

Front

Rear

Side

Top caution LED's was a code 3 multiple colors LED's(like on railroad work trucks). Added later and did not measure amperage draw
You have a lot of light I'd imagine! I wasn't thinking anything quite like that. Maybe a pair of smaller lights or a small light bar is what I had in mind. I was actually thinking about mounting them either on the loader mount or rear fenders similar to how JD does it as I've got to fold my ROPS down to fit my tractor in the garage. I've been keeping it in one of the temporary sheds, but for winter I'm hoping I can fit it in my smaller garage so I can just open the door and drive out to clear snow without having to drive all around the yard to get to the driveway.

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
I ordered and received the Artillian lights that are adjustable. Just arrived so hopefully this weekend I can try to get them installed. I also ordered parts from my dealer for a bucket level indicator.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Figured I’d post an update here since this is the thread I started when I was deciding what to get. For anyone that has seen some of my posts, some of these may be familiar.

I absolutely love my B2601! It’s done everything I’ve asked of it so far and it’s been great. I welded some hooks to the bucket and have used them and some chain to pull some fence posts (so much easier than by hand!) I added some additional grille protection as well. I’ve been able to load up huge chunks of maple that were too heavy to lift, and was a struggle to even rotate with my can’t hook, but my tractor moved them easily enough. Actually loaded up a dump truck to the point it was squatting pretty good with the maple rounds.
Last week, I dropped, limbed, bucked, stacked, and cleaned up 10 ash trees and the B2601 with grapple made it so much easier! In the past, I’d be constantly putting my saw down to help haul to the curb or at least out of the way so I could keep cutting and I didn’t have to stop every few cuts to clear the way which made the job go so much more quickly.

I did go with the Lubeshuttle grease gun and a lock n lube fitting. Since doing so, I’ve greased a few things that I really should have kept up on, but my previous grease gun was just a PITA. It never wanted to release and always made a mess. This new grease gun I’ve actually been using so that’s a plus.

I also got a digital torque adapter from HF and it’s pretty cool. Easier to use than my older click torque wrenches so that’s a plus.
I’ve got a few more trees to do and lots of yard cleanup after grinding stumps. For now, I ordered a Piranha tooth bar for the bucket to aid in some digging tasks. I’ve got to redo my paver patio and extend it to accommodate a hot tub as well as some other landscaping tasks I hope the tooth bar will be beneficial for.

I want to add some work lights. I was putting fence back up the other day and finished up as it was starting to get dark and unless the bucket is on the ground the headlights are pretty worthless.

Is there a light kit I should look at or what specs should I look for? I know the B01 can’t handle a huge draw, and honestly I don’t need huge lights, maybe a couple forward and one reverse? I just want to be able to see in the dark, which I anticipate needing come winter when it’s time to clear snow.

Good on you sir!!!

Nice ride for sure.