Help from admin

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
I sent a message to admin a couple of days ago and haven't heard back. I need to update my contact info and forgot my password. My email address to reset password is no longer valid.
Any admins up that could help?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
What brower are you using to access the site? Since you are logged in, it may have your password stored. If so, you can find it there.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I sent a message to admin a couple of days ago and haven't heard back. I need to update my contact info and forgot my password. My email address to reset password is no longer valid.
I'll pass this along to Mr. K
You might just have to make a new member account.

6869704x4

Equipment
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
What brower are you using to access the site? Since you are logged in, it may have your password stored. If so, you can find it there.
I'm using chrome. No idea how to find it. I'll look around.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
That`s weird, forgets the password to log in, but able to post a thread?
Enlighten me how you do that, just incase it happens, to me.

• Haha

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It appears that he has a second account that he opened in 2011, made a few posts on it back then, and started using it again in December 2022 with one post about a thread pitch on ROPS bolts. Then 2 posts about getting his other account activated again.
This is a common thing for people to do, they don't keep their email address current, and then they forget their password, so they open a new account under a new username. On the forums that I administer, I don't allow this, but what I do is give them a generic password and have them send me their current email address so I can put it into the system and update their information. Once they get back on the forums, they can change the generic password to whatever they would like to use. For continuity of the forum members, it is best when members only have one user name. Every administrator picks and chooses how they want to run their forums, and there is no right or wrong way. On my forums, my moderators have full access to assist members with passwords and email address changes.

Reactions: 1 users

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
It appears that he has a second account that he opened in 2011, made a few posts on it back then, and started using it again in December 2022 with one post about a thread pitch on ROPS bolts. Then 2 posts about getting his other account activated again.
This is a common thing for people to do, they don't keep their email address current, and then they forget their password, so they open a new account under a new username. On the forums that I administer, I don't allow this, but what I do is give them a generic password and have them send me their current email address so I can put it into the system and update their information. Once they get back on the forums, they can change the generic password to whatever they would like to use. For continuity of the forum members, it is best when members only have one user name. Every administrator picks and chooses how they want to run their forums, and there is no right or wrong way. On my forums, my moderators have full access to assist members with passwords and email address changes.
Thank you DR, good to know. I had an idea how it worked, but i never asked before. So i thought, wow, what if this happens to me. Thanks for the lengthy reply on it. Now i have a much better understanding of it.

6869704x4

Equipment
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
I'm guilty of not keeping my email current, I haven't logged in for quite a while. I didn't (knowingly) try to open a new account. I would like to keep my username. This place was only a couple of years old when I first registered.
Thanks to the guys that tried to help with the passwords but after looking I realized that I don't save any passwords to google.
So at this point I guess I'm waiting for an admin to contact me? I'm sure they will want to verify I am who I am.
P.S. I guess what spurred me to come back on after all this time was I recently had to do the rear axle seals on my L45. Not a bad job but not a fun job.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's auto fill, I haven't had to retype
I'm guilty of not keeping my email current, I haven't logged in for quite a while. I didn't (knowingly) try to open a new account. I would like to keep my username. This place was only a couple of years old when I first registered.
Thanks to the guys that tried to help with the passwords but after looking I realized that I don't save any passwords to google.
So at this point I guess I'm waiting for an admin to contact me? I'm sure they will want to verify I am who I am.
P.S. I guess what spurred me to come back on after all this time was I recently had to do the rear axle seals on my L45. Not a bad job but not a fun job.
It's saved somewhere because you are logging in in order to post.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special

My browser gives me a choice to save, or not save auto fill. I turn off all my auto fill`s. That way if my pooter is ever hacked, they can`t just readily get what they are looking for. And i always unhook my pooter from the internet every night when i`m done using it. Always best to use the old fashioned method, write it down, store in a safe place.

Now sometimes, i forget where my safe place is where i hide the stuff, because old age is a thing :ROFLMAO:

6869704x4

Equipment
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM

When I brought up OTT the other night I honestly have no idea how I got logged in. I tried a couple of passwords I thought it might be and got an incorrect password message. Then all of a sudden I'm on. The last time I was on OTT was two computers ago and I was using a windows OS. I'm now using Linux with Chrome. My wife uses firefox on the same computer.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey there, I can help out. Can you private message me what you need / what you'd like your information updated to? I can update on the backend from there. Thanks!