Help! Engine light came on while trying parked regen

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
I'm having trouble with the dpf right now and I think it may be because I wasn't running at high enough rpm. Friday it started flashing regen, so I let it do its thing, and it smelled and acted like it was going through the cycle. Then yesterday it did it again and I thought something was wrong because it did it the day before (or so I thought). Well, no matter what button I pushed it didn't seem to matter. Then it began to beep and the parked regen button lit up and began flashing. I stopped it and got out the manual. It was about as clear as mud on what to do so I turned it off and decided to so some searching. I googled it and couldn't come up with anything. So this morning I stopped in OTT (why didn't I think of that first!), and saw that the tractor had to be in neutral, pto off, parking brake on with the dash light lit, and opened wide up. Went down to the shed and did all of that, but before it was up to engine temp the engine light came on so I shut her off, terrified I'd ruin it. Now what to do? This is my first real tractor so I'm pretty much a newbie with it and thought that I was doing pretty good, until now.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Get a hold of your dealer, some are helping to get customers either out of that tractor or trying to fix the issues!

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
don't move the throttle from idle in a parked regen...
place pto in neutral, parking brake on. keep hist in neutral or place transmission in neutral. push the parked regen button. do not move the throttle...
takes about 20-30 min's.
if it doesn't complete a regen cycle. i.e.: regen lights all going out and throttle automatically returns to idle. then shut down the tractor and call dealer..

my tractor is currently visiting the service dept. 'again'..!!!!!....

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just to clarify for anyone not having one of these tractors, there are two sets of conditions or parameters that must be met, one for "auto regeneration" and one for "parked regeneration". So during auto regen after you satisfy the button conditions and the rpm requirements you can go on working. Parked regen as described above has an entirely different set of conditions.

On the L--60 series, you can't do a parked regen unless your tractor has entered level 2 in its schedule. At level 1 you should do the auto regen sequence, which requires you to have pushed the "permit button" or not pushed the "inhibit button" depending on your tractor. At level 2 PM you may do an auto regen, but the ecu will request a parked regen if the particulate level doesn't decrease to level 1 in 1800 seconds after the regen starts. The auto regen doesn't stop though.

If the PM reaches level 3, auto regen stops and you have to do a parked regen.

At level 4 you need a dealer and his diagnostic software.

This is about as clear as mud in the manual, as has been mentioned, and worse yet lights which are steady under auto regen permit conditions, blink under auto regen inhibit conditions, so if you are looking for it to do one or the other it is confusing.

I am thinking it would be helpful if we had a page on which the different models had the different sets of instructions paraphrased and posted so if you are out inthe field without your manual in your lap you could read them on your phone. Because these manuals are copyrighted we can't just copy them and put up in OTT, but if those of you with the L3901 3301, M series, and B3350 want to send me by PM a pdf of those pages in your manual, I could paraphrase and post.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
My dealer called before they even opened this morning and walked me through what to do. It worked like a charm. Turns out that I must not have had the throttle high enough the day before and the regen didn't complete.

I'm sorry so many people have problems with their dealer, but I can't sing enough praise for mine. For anyone in the Pennsylvania area I go to McCoy's in Roaring Spring. They are very helpful, courteous and always, always return calls (a biggie with me).

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
don't move the throttle from idle in a parked regen...
place pto in neutral, parking brake on. keep hist in neutral or place transmission in neutral. push the parked regen button. do not move the throttle...
takes about 20-30 min's.
if it doesn't complete a regen cycle. i.e.: regen lights all going out and throttle automatically returns to idle. then shut down the tractor and call dealer..

my tractor is currently visiting the service dept. 'again'..!!!!!....
Thanks tempforce! You were spot-on in your instructions. I panicked when the engine light came on and just shut her down.

Thanks very much for your help. And good luck with yours. Hopefully you'll get her home to stay now!