help! B20 3 point linkage failure

phil brooks

Equipment
B20, 4ft bush hog, back hoe (not Kubota B20), landscape rake, snow plough, etc
Hi, my 3 point linkage does not move. i can lift it manually and it drops, it feels like there is no hydraulic pressure there at all. in an attempt to help, i have changed the hydraulic filters and there is plenty of oil in the system. the front end loader works fine and is as powerful as usually. there is no noise when i move the leaver to lift apart from an irregular rare pressure squeak sounding like a hydraulic pressure release value but not sure if that is relevant. it was working fine 2 months ago and now nothing. it feels "floppy". everything else works fine including driving, pto, fel, steering etc, just no pressure to the linkage. the assembly from the lever to what i think is the value is moving properly so i am at a loss. please can anyone advise as i am only here for the weekend and really need to mow the field.

thanks

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Has anybody been monkeying with your tractor? There is a knob (assuming, I'm not completely familiar with the 20) somewhere under the seat, which controls flow rate to the 3 point- it is used to adjust how quickly it lifts and falls. Someone could have been turning that.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you checked the lever for the hydraulic bypass for the backhoe feed?

Last edited:

phil brooks

Equipment
B20, 4ft bush hog, back hoe (not Kubota B20), landscape rake, snow plough, etc
hi, which valve is this? is it the one by the right foot that you turn clockwise or anticlockwise? my label on this is worn out but some nice people on the forum sent me some photos of it and i think its in the right place. i changed both filters (something i was planning on doing anyway as i have no idea how old the ones on there were when i bought it) and topped up with some nice new kubota oil, ran it a little and then suddenly it started working.

i did manage to get it stuck in the mud today as well and it also boiled over, not a good weekend really but it was incredibly hot today.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry mislead you, on that model there is no bypass lever it's all done with a hose being looped back when you disconnect the BH.

Low fluid will definitely cause issues, that model uses the Sub-frame of the loader as an extra fluid storage tank so if you were that low as not to work, I would look at doing a complete fluid and filter change and make sure you keep it up to level and keep checking for leaks. ;)