Headlight pigtails

kubotamedic

Equipment
B5200E
Mar 19, 2009
waynesboro, tn
I just bought a B5200E and the headlight bulb holders are missing, does anyone know what I can use to replace them? In order to fix it kubota whay I have to buy the whole wire harness which is over 50 bucks. If anyone can help me on this I would really appreciate it.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Kubotamedic : There are a couple of us that are going to try to replace the originals with something aftermarket because the factory lights weak and not very bright. I don't think it should be that big a deal. Just gotta find the time and energy.

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Hey kubotamedic, welcome to the site!

Guys, if/when you do get a solution for the factory lights (aftermarket or homebrew solution) - would you mind taking a few pictures and uploading them here? Maybe toss out some prices too. Others would surely find that helpful.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
A buddy that I know did a home brew method of replacing the headlights on his old Sears lawn tractor by using automotive brake light pig tails. We wanted something that was brighter then the standard lights and simply did basic electrical testing to find the wire that had the brightest light and that was high beam and then tested the for the lower beam and then used that for his low beam.

This guy then found from someplace (I do not know where but you could probably Google it) 2 element LED lights and he sure did have some bright lights. After a while he did not like the fact that he had to use the ignition switch for his lights and wired in a independent switch for his headlights and wired it in to his battery with a 10 amp fuse and then he could leave the lights on without having to keep the tractor running.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Yes please whoever gets to this first, if you could post with pictures and such it would really help out us slackers. Ok maybe I'm the only slacker but you know what I mean!!!