Has anyone used an actual Brushgrubber

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I am pretty sure of the answer here but I figured I would ask

I have been cleaning up around the property clearing out under the trees and around the outbuildings.. I have been just using a heavy logging chain to yank out small trees and brush. Now keep in mind I am working alone so it is up and down and wrapping the chain around so I am looking to make it easier on myself.

This is what I am looking at

http://www.brushgrubber.com/

Kubota L3600 DT so about 40 hp... I am just looking to save time and my aching back so my question is has anyone used them and will they make life easier ????

The Chain works fine and I am sure the BG will too when it comes to putting the tractor in gear and yanking stuff out... Looking for experience with it when attaching to the small trees and brush

TIA

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Glen,
I haven't used a "Brush Grubber" but several other homebrew options that were similar.
I too hate getting on and off the tractor it really slows down operations.

A real good options to speed things up is a tooth bar for the bucket, if you don't mind ripping the ground up a little, really no mere than just ripping them out.
If your FEL has quick attach (skid steer style) and/or a third function output then there are several other options.

Here are three of my picks
Stump bucket
3 point brush puller (needs teeth)
Brush bucket

stump bucket.jpg

thCAIRCBH7.jpg

bradco-specialty-buckets.jpg

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Yeah I figured, I am pretty much stuck getting on and off and crawling down around the roots unless I add something with "Teeth" :rolleyes:

This has Teeth :)

Kubota KX-121.jpg

Of course I have to convince the wife LOL

It might actually be worth buying it, making the payments for a year doing all the stuff I need done and then re-selling it :eek:

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
sixgun,, I have one of those brushgrabbers, they are better than chains by a long shot. Still hav eto get on and off the tractor, but it's a lot faster. They are limited to size. Brush or a small tree will slip through the tines. They will only open up to a predetermined size. But you can get several different sizes. I think I got mine from northern tool. Hey, here's a ctalog on the table.
4 inch max is $80, #119312-2308. 5 inch max is $110, # is177013-2308. 6 inch max is $160 , #177025-2308. 1 800-556-7885 Northern Tool

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
I have the HD model, BG-08. It has worked fine, keeps a good grip. I even used it on stuff a little bigger than capacity by chainsawing flats into the side of the stump. They recommend leaving three or four feet of trunk so you have some leverage getting the root out.

Works fine for holding onto saplings, but you still need someone back there to put it on and remove it. Works best as a team operation.

-- Carl

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'll make a few payments for you if it can come visit our place for a day or two!

If you see a piece of equipment for your tractor that you need or want just let us know I might be able to build it for a fraction of the cost of buying one.;)
And shipping to you would be real easy!:p:D

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
I have one of the large ones. It really pulls well but like others say, it's a matter of getting on & off to place them. There's a version for ATV's where it's attached to a bar and operated remotely to open/close the jaws.

A team operation would work best.