Has anyone tried this (Snow removal)

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I use my frame mounted snow plow only. I have a big area, but I don't need everywhere accessible for parking, backing into, and turning around in.

I've dealt with a gravel drive and parking areas for 25 years now. I've always had a reserve pile of gravel for when it melts. Between the Rock Rake and the Snow Plow, shaping things has been generally easy.

I get nowhere near the amount of snow a lot of you do. Some of you get hit heavy!!

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Used to have what's now called a 'box blade' on CJ-5. backup to client's garage, drop it and plow,out to road, lift 'box blade', tidy up and collect $30, back in 1977..... easy money and lots of repeat business.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
You lack enough HP/ Tractor to run 2 blades at one time!
Now you have me re thinking this. Was about to go get the blade but backing off. Is it the weight of both blades used together of just the snow would be the issue? I did just change out my turf tires to skid steer tires for better traction.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Now you have me re thinking this. Was about to go get the blade but backing off. Is it the weight of both blades used together of just the snow would be the issue? I did just change out my turf tires to skid steer tires for better traction.
It's a combination of weight (blades and snow) lack of HP (snow gets heavy and hard to push) lack of weight tractor (the blades will shove you all over the place, front and rear), lack of traction (your going to be really unhappy with skid steer tires unless you have a good set of chains for them!

This is all based on your terrain being flat and manageable, if you have hills or grades then it gets even worse.

Reactions: 1 user

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Thanks Northern Idaho Wolfman. Will see how it goes with just the pusher and blade and go from there. The way our weather is going, may be little snow this year. We have 50's coming. Nuts.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Step in....help him out.
Unfortunately Uncle could buy and sell me ten times over...I will blow my own horn by saying I just bought him a BX step from specialty repairs in Newfoundland Canada, step and bracket $360. Bucks(merry Christmas) he's ungodly wealthy because he doesn't spend a dime...

Reactions: 1 user