Gutter Guards

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Hell don’t we got Kubotas here? I have my 7 year old son lift me up in the loader to get the gutters cleaned out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
On a serious note, we had our gutters replaced with 6" seamless gutters with hidden fasteners and also had all the fascia trim replaced at the same time for roughly $2800. I also got a quote for adding gutter guards to the tune of $2-3k. I ordered two sets of these on Amazon and did em myself for $500. We have a cape cod style house so the roof pitch is very steep and this combo has worked great. We are surrounded by 30+ft cedars, pines, oaks, and maples and some needles make their way in, but they flow really well and we've had no issues. These gutter guards fit tightly between the drip edge and the inside of the gutter channel and can be attached with screws, ours have not deformed or come apart in 2+ years.

For those who advocate against gutters, gutters help direct rainwater away from your home when properly designed and installed. That coupled with proper surface grading around the home results in a dry basement. They both work in tandem but having one and not the other doesn't give you the same benefit.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Needing something to keep gutters clean, a couple of years ago purchased an EGO 650 cfm 56V blower. We got the gutter cleaning extension fit which has fitting that screw onto the end with a couple of angle fitting to get down into the gutter. That thing is so powerful I had to duct tape the connections to the angle fittings to keep them from un-screwing from the wind force.

Pretty hard to beat for a single story structure.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I took a different approach. When I designed and built my house I consciously eliminated gutters altogether. I made extra effort to waterproof the basement and since the House is built into a slope, water off the roof just flows away.

I know this is not a standard approach, but if you have a slope away from the house it sure seems like at least on the high side one could eliminate the gutter from the house. When I say high side I mean the high side of the house, or the down slope side in other words. In my case both the front and the back of the house have a good drainage down slope due to the physical orientation.

Not sure how effective this approach would be on an existing house. Probably would work on the side where there is good drainage a away from the House, but would not work on the side on the up hill slope side, since the basement waterproofing and drainage is likely not the best.

On the house that is on the property next door that I bought, which I am very slowly renovating, I did eliminate the gutters on the down slope side without issue several years ago. Up hill side, no way.

Only mentioning this because I think I remember JimmyJazz saying his house is on a slope...

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I took a different approach. When I designed and built my house I consciously eliminated gutters altogether.
In many areas that is no longer an option. In my area, gutters are required and the runoff directed into an approved seepage pit or holding pond. Also, leaf guard is required to keep debris out of seepage pits. So check on these things, the gutter police may be watching.