Guns...Times have changed...

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
a. First and foremost. I am NOT anti gun !

I believe the NRA has been subverted from a gun and hunters rights group to a way too political organization. Hunter education seems to be old fashion idea. Self defense and shoot first has taken over.

The 2nd is outdated. It is being used by groups to hide behind. Should be modified but not eliminated.

First person shooter games and paintball games have people thinking there is a reset in life. Seeing your buddy get hit with a paintball on Saturday and back at work on Monday is far cry from reality.

Urban shootings and mass murder are things I do not understand.

b. I am a pacifist (now). If I point the barrel at a human the safety will be off and their will be no warning shot. But only after every other option has been addressed, including running like hell.

My uncle never talked about landing at D-day.
The old man never talked about Korea.

My family taught me to hunt, my government taught me to kill.
I too respectfully disagree with you. If you disarm the populace, who will protect us from the government? Take the second amendment rights away from people, then defund the police. Who is going to protect the people now? Every woman is born with the equipment to be a prostitute, and every man is born with the equipment to be a rapist. What percent of the total population become either?

Reactions: 3 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The NRA was about civil rights before there was a civil rights era…since then it is sometimes associated as a subset of civil rights branded as hunting and home protection (so that elites and other assholes can look down their nose and judge the country / poor folk (implicated towards less educated…divide/wedge issue)but actually it’s about civil rights of which the 2nd amendment is one of them and was about checks and balances. That’s really not a debate item…it’s a fact. NRA also is the longest serving civil rights organization. Think about that before anyone gets too wokey and yes that is before the actual civil rights era happened.

Reactions: 2 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Those are already in place and none of those stopped the latest murderer from buying guns.
-Gun free zones, those are in place too and didnt stop the latest mass murderer from bringing guns into schools.

When are we gong to have rational discussions about how decayed and ill our society is? What about the meds these murderers take? Some of these feel good meds have homicidal and suicidal thoughts as side effects yet there is NEVER a discussion about it after these horrible events.

People are the problem, not guns yet we never talk about the people problem.
This is laughable, every gun I've purchased required minimal screening. Yeah they run your name through a registry or two to make sure you're not a repeat criminal, but that's about it. Even getting a carry concealed pistol license involves some basic criminal history screening.

The ability to easily purchase guns needs to be limited, period. There are no mental health screens done, no psych profiles, no radical affiliations screening (especially in the bowels of the internet where most of these sick fucks brainwash eachother), nothing of the sort. The whole process is dated and needs modification. People who are deemed mentally unfit to own firearms, have a history of initiating domestic violence, or associate themselves with domestic terror groups shouldn't own them regardless of what dated 2nd amendment law exists.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
I remember when I was 7 years old (1962) my 13 year old brother was given a Stevens double barrel shotgun for his birthday. My Mother ordered it from Parker Brothers sporting goods in NY State. A week later the mailman knocked on the door. I answered the door and he handed me a box clearly marked Stevens double barrel 12 gauge shotgun with a picture of the shotgun on the box. He bid me a good day and went on his way.

No one stole the gun on its way to our house, a 7 year old kid didn't load it and kill his family. Then the gun control act of 1968 took place and it all became a political pawn and nothing to do with keeping people safe. Criminals commit crimes, and damn few obey ANY laws, least of all gun laws. If guns are so dangerous, how did ANYONE survive the wild west when there was at least one gun in every home and most men carried a pistol, or two, or three.

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
This is laughable, every gun I've purchased required minimal screening. Yeah they run your name through a registry or two to make sure you're not a repeat criminal, but that's about it. Even getting a carry concealed pistol license involves some basic criminal history screening.

The ability to easily purchase guns needs to be limited, period. There are no mental health screens done, no psych profiles, no radical affiliations screening (especially in the bowels of the internet where most of these sick fucks brainwash eachother), nothing of the sort. The whole process is dated and needs modification. People who are deemed mentally unfit to own firearms, have a history of initiating domestic violence, or associate themselves with domestic terror groups shouldn't own them regardless of what dated 2nd amendment law exists.
You seem triggered. Take some deep breaths and set aside your emotions so you can think clearly and logically.
In fact i think its uncontrolled emotional outbursts of PEOPLE that cause these issues not the tools they use.

• Dislike
Reactions: 10 users

ourflat

Equipment
B23S Backhoe
Mar 23, 2022
East TN

Let’s agree to disagree!

Frank

USAF Retired

Reactions: 3 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I guess I have that younger man's perspective I'd like to share.
I'll start with school. No guns were officially allowed, although we did have an archery and bb gun range that we used a few times in gym class. No one said anything about the rifle rack in your truck so long ad it was empty. Bet your bottom dollar as soon as hunting season opened every kids that hunted had a guy in their truck. I was still allowed to carry a pocket knife so long as I didn't take it out around a few teachers that didn't like it. Jr year the zero tolerance bs started. All down hill from there.
The AR hater guy. I get it. I'm an avid hunter, but I love to shoot and tinker. Really this goes back to before we were the usa. We've always been allowed to build our own fire arms. The ar platform brings that to a lot of people. It also brings an easy to use modular platform that can be tailored foe many tasks. I can shoot .223 for ground hog or swap uppers to a .458 socom and go hog hunting with the same rifle. But thays not for everyone. I still hunt deer with my bolt or lever guns. Oddly enough I hunt with magnum rifles and none of them hold more then 5 rounds. (300 mag takes aics mags) never had to use more then 2 shots.
The bill of rights wasn't about hunting. It was to keep the government in check, and includes any and all weapons. Period. The gun control act was what limited full auto and other types of weapons from civilian use.
More gun laws won't help anything. A gun is a tool, just like a rock or a hammer. We've been killing each other since biblical times with sticks and stones. Magazine capacity or otherwise hasn't mattered much. It's the person that we need to deal with and hold responsible for their actions not the tool of choice.

Reactions: 7 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I'll start with school. No guns were officially allowed, although we did have an archery and bb gun range that we used a few times in gym class. No one said anything about the rifle rack in your truck so long ad it was empty. Bet your bottom dollar as soon as hunting season opened every kids that hunted had a guy in their truck. I was still allowed to carry a pocket knife so long as I didn't take it out around a few teachers that didn't like it. Jr year the zero tolerance bs started. All down hill from there.
The AR hater guy. I get it. I'm an avid hunter, but I love to shoot and tinker. Really this goes back to before we were the usa. We've always been allowed to build our own fire arms. The ar platform brings that to a lot of people. It also brings an easy to use modular platform that can be tailored foe many tasks. I can shoot .223 for ground hog or swap uppers to a .458 socom and go hog hunting with the same rifle. But thays not for everyone. I still hunt deer with my bolt or lever guns. Oddly enough I hunt with magnum rifles and none of them hold more then 5 rounds. (300 mag takes aics mags) never had to use more then 2 shots.
The bill of rights wasn't about hunting. It was to keep the government in check, and includes any and all weapons. Period. The gun control act was what limited full auto and other types of weapons from civilian use.
More gun laws won't help anything. A gun is a tool, just like a rock or a hammer. We've been killing each other since biblical times with sticks and stones. Magazine capacity or otherwise hasn't mattered much. It's the person that we need to deal with and hold responsible for their actions not the tool of choice.
I agree with everything you say but i would like to get the young guys perspective on one thing.

Why do you guys write in large blocks of unformatted text? Its hard to read:p

• Love

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
There are no mental health screens done, no psych profiles, no radical affiliations screening (especially in the bowels of the internet where most of these sick fucks brainwash eachother), nothing of the sort.
As a millennial, I couldn’t agree more! It would be far more effective to ban the Internet.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
You seem triggered. Take some deep breaths and set aside your emotions so you can think clearly and logically.
In fact i think its uncontrolled emotional outbursts of PEOPLE that cause these issues not the tools they use.
How silly, the "triggered" argument. Yet another typical "you don't have any valid counterargument" response. 😂😂😂

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I agree with everything you say but i would like to get the young guys perspective on one thing.

Why do you guys write in large blocks of unformatted text? Its hard to read:p
Lazy mostly I guess. Lol. Never was much for English or Grammer.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

When they start requiring voters to get mental health screens and pass checks, then I will start debating what checks gun owners need to do.

Your definition of easy is interesting. 50 years, yes it was simpler to buy a gun, you just ordered and Sears would deliver it to your door. Nowhere in the US is that simple anymore. You must complete a form and attest to the statements on there and you are ran against the Federal database that criminal records and ALL States require reporting of involuntary commitment for mental issues to the database. Even further 18 States have included involuntary outpatient treatments to the database.

So, you are actually stating untruth when you say "no mental health screens". Every firearm purchase made from an FFL has a background check and as part of the the mental health database is checked (if you want to check this out, you can either research Federal law OR go the Gifford Law Center online and they provide a nice breakdown showing these details even though they are ain't gun).

Your statement about getting a carry concealed pistol license is not applicable to all States either. You make a general statement and try to apply it to all States, which I can assure you in my State, Illinois, we have to go through a 16-hour class, pass range qualifications, and background checks before we are issued carry permit. I fully realize that is not the case for all States, but your statement is incorrect when multiple States have various requirements ranging from training to finger printing and background checks.

I'm also assuming that you are well aware that the original gun control laws were used to suppress former Confederates and especially blacks. You would like screenings based on "no radical affiliations screening". This is very dangerous because who decides what is radical? Do we do it based on who is arrested the most? So, since more blacks are arrested than others, now we ban them from firearms? Do we prevent Catholics from having firearms because they have a radical Christian view? We all know Muslims must be bad, so we need to ban all of them? I know, I have been watching the news, so anyone that is a Republican or part of the MAGA group must be banned.

Banning people for perceived and actual affiliations is a very dangerous slope to go down. You don't have to take my word for it, but study German history prior to World War Two and see how the government used that very concept to eliminate those that they perceived as a threat to their power.

With all that being said, the actions that this evil person took was horrible. Dealing with the instrument will not change anything. Look how successful we have been on the 'war of drugs'. Yet, focusing on the instrument and not on the cause is a lot easier. We don't want to deal with the fact that the failure of the family structure, the increase of the "do what you want" because you feel like it (I'm a man, but I feel like woman), everyone is a winner approach, and several other modern day notions have failed. These have led to a society of individuals that have felt entitled and unable to deal with day-to-day life realizing that every one of us has issues. We have successes, we have failures. The world isn't a perfect place, there are struggles, and no Johnny (or Suzy) you can't be whatever you want when you grow up. Not all of us our born with the bodies to be athletes or the brains to be doctors, but we can still be successful and happy individuals.

Instead of looking at laws, which this killer broke multiple laws, we need to start looking at society. If you really want to do something, get rid of the laws that requires these teachers to be sitting ducks in the schools. Take away money from Congress for all the "hired guns" they have protect themselves and start giving that money to the schools so they can train and equip the teachers to protect one of our most valuable assets. Quit telling adults that it is someone elses job to provide for them, protect them, and they aren't responsible.

If you think passing more laws will stop these attacks, you have been fooled. If that was the case, there would be no need for all the armed security we have throughout the nation protecting everything from money to individuals. The simple realization, the firearm is the best tool to protect something you value. The modern political wave is to remove police from the schools.

I say, we remove the police from the political leaders and place the police in schools protecting our most valuable assets. We can always get more politicians.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
When they start requiring voters to get mental health screens and pass checks, then I will start debating what checks gun owners need to do.

You definition of easy is interesting. 50 years, yes it was simpler to buy a gun, you just ordered and Sears would deliver it to your door. Nowhere in the US is that simple anymore. You must complete a form and attest to the statements on there and you are ran against the Federal database that criminal records and ALL States require reporting of involuntary commitment for mental issues to the database. Even further 18 States have included involuntary outpatient treatments to the database.

So, you are actually stating untruth when you say "no mental health screens". Every firearm purchase made from an FFL has a background check and as part of the the mental health database is checked (if you want to check this out, you can either research Federal law OR go the Gifford Law Center online and they provide a nice breakdown showing these details even though they are ain't gun).

You statement about getting a carry concealed pistol license is not applicable to all States either. You make a general statement and try to apply it to all States, which I can assure you in my State, Illinois, we have to go through a 16-hour class, pass range qualifications, and background checks before we are issued carry permit. I fully realize that is not the case for all States, but your statement is incorrect when multiple States have various requirements ranging from training to finger printing and background checks.

I'm also assuming that you are well aware that the original gun control laws were used to suppress former Confederates and especially blacks. You would like screenings based on "no radical affiliations screening". This is very dangerous because who decides what is radical? Do we do it based on who is arrested the most? So, since more blacks are arrested than others, now we ban them from firearms? Do we prevent Catholics from having firearms because they have a radical Christian view? We all know Muslims must be bad, so we need to ban all of them? I know, I have been watching the news, so anyone that is a Republican or part of the MAGA group must be banned.

Banning people for perceived and actual affiliations is a very dangerous slope to go down. You don't have to take my word for it, but study German history prior to World War Two and see how the government used that very concept to eliminate those that they perceived as a threat to their power.

With all that being said, the actions that this evil person took was horrible. Dealing with the instrument will not change anything. Look how successful we have been on the 'war of drugs'. Yet, focusing on the instrument and not on the cause is a lot easier. We don't want to deal with the fact that the failure of the family structure, the increase of the "do what you want" because you feel like it (I'm a man, but I feel like woman), everyone is a winner approach, and several other modern day notions have failed. These have led to a society of individuals that have felt entitled and unable to deal with day-to-day life realizing that every one of us has issues. We have successes, we have failures. The world isn't a perfect place, there are struggles, and no Johnny (or Suzy) you can't be whatever you want when you grow up. Not all of us our born with the bodies to be athletes or the brains to be doctors, but we can still be successful and happy individuals.

Instead of looking at laws, which this killer broke multiple laws, we need to start looking at society. If you really want to do something, get rid of the laws that requires these teachers to be sitting ducks in the schools. Take away money from Congress for all the "hired guns" they have protect themselves and start giving that money to the schools so they can train and equip the teachers to protect one of our most valuable assets. Quit telling adults that it is someone elses job to provide for them, protect them, and they aren't responsible.

If you think passing more laws will stop these attacks, you have been fooled. If that was the case, there would be no need for all the armed security we have throughout the nation protecting everything from money to individuals. The simple realization, the firearm is the best tool to protect something you value. The modern political wave is to remove police from the schools.

I say, we remove the police from the political leaders and place the police in schools protecting our most valuable assets. We can always get more politicians.
Key word here is involuntary commitments and involuntary outpatient treatments. Are you aware of how few individuals actually get any sort of involuntary mental health treatment? I like how you specify involuntary because that proves my point. If an individual goes to see their psychiatrist or therapist and tells them they've killed animals for fun, have raped in the past, or have homicidal or suicidal ideation, this type of information (unless there is a plan specified, or means of execution) is not reported to the authorities - e.g. not ending up on a database. You need mental health data housed in an accessible location to do the type of screen I'm referring to (NOT just involuntary mental health data) and that information is confidential.

On your original gun laws comment, as a minority, I find it humorous that you think I am implying less minorities should be armed. I, myself, am armed because I am more likely to be targeted by some radical "patriot" nutjob than any minority group you mention. To your "we all know that Muslims are bad" comment, that's because the media you claim "brainwashed the Libs" has brainwashed you into this mindset.

You want teachers armed? You're seem pretty confident that will work. What about the LEOs that showed up to that school and stood around for 40 mins while other potentially armed civilians could have put an end to the bloodshed?

Yes, I think anyone who is determined to be a part of a radical group, should be screened from owning a firearm. Slippery slope or not, I'd feel safer in my own country if MAGA, Antifa, Proud Boys, Militia groups, Taliban, Nazi, Gang members, etc... were not armed.

Again, laughable that you think our existing screening process prevents folks from obtaining firearms. No other country in the world has firearms issues like we do, and this is coming from someone that owns multiple firearms.

I don't have time to reply to the rest, but you get the gist.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Key word here is involuntary commitments and involuntary outpatient treatments. Are you aware of how few individuals actually get any sort of involuntary mental health treatment? I like how you specify involuntary because that proves my point. If an individual goes to see their psychiatrist or therapist and tells them they've killed animals for fun, have raped in the past, or have homicidal or suicidal ideation, this type of information (unless there is a plan specified, or means of execution) is not reported to the authorities - e.g. not ending up on a database. You need mental health data housed in an accessible location to do the type of screen I'm referring to (NOT just involuntary mental health data) and that information is confidential.

On your original gun laws comment, as a minority, I find it humorous that you think I am implying less minorities should be armed. I, myself, am armed because I am more likely to be targeted by some radical "patriot" nutjob than any minority group you mention. To your "we all know that Muslims are bad" comment, that's because the media you claim "brainwashed the Libs" has brainwashed you into this mindset.

You want teachers armed? You're seem pretty confident that will work. What about the LEOs that showed up to that school and stood around for 40 mins while other potentially armed civilians could have put an end to the bloodshed?

Yes, I think anyone who is determined to be a part of a radical group, should be screened from owning a firearm. Slippery slope or not, I'd feel safer in my own country if MAGA, Antifa, Proud Boys, Militia groups, Taliban, Nazi, Gang members, etc... were not armed.

Again, laughable that you think our existing screening process prevents folks from obtaining firearms. No other country in the world has firearms issues like we do, and this is coming from someone that owns multiple firearms.

You once again are incorrect. I will speak on the outpatient treatment and my State, which is Illinois because that is what I have researched. Voluntary or involuntary, if you seek professional treatment and have homicidal or suicidal thoughts or indications that are indicated to the medical provider, you are reported. So, once again you prove that you aren't as smart as you think.

Don't take my word for it, but talk to psychiatrists in this State, which I talked with four of them at a conference about this very topic. These rules apply to medical doctors and certified counselors also.

As far as you being targeted, maybe you need to consider your life choices if you feel that people are out targeting you. Most likely, you aren't on anybody's radar.

It is a shame you did not read the whole paragraph and understand the point with the Muslim reference. Although, sadly I believe you do and you would by your very own words like to see groups suppressed just for their beliefs.

"Slippery slope or not, I'd feel safer in my own country if MAGA, Antifa, Proud Boys, Militia groups, Taliban, Nazi, Gang members, etc... were not armed."

Your belief is exactly what allowed the Nazi groups in Germany come to power. When you feel that your belief is more important than another groups, you have an issue. You are no more important and no less important than any other group. I may not agree with other groups beliefs, but that doesn't give me the right to stop them from believing the way they do.

I do find it interesting that your list doesn't include any leftist extremists groups, but I guess they are okay since they align with your beliefs?

You will find that is the biggest difference between you and I. I may not agree with you, but I'm not willing to trample on your rights so I can feel better.

As far as no other country having firearm issues as laughable, you once again are wrong. You make broad statements yet give no FACTS, which I have presented in everyone of my post. Once again I will show you the facts to disprove your broad statement with one simple word, Mexico. Look at our southern border and the issue they have there. You will dismiss that as an outlier. Will how about Brazil, Argentina, India, Philippines, and should I go on? Probably not, because you don't want to deal with facts, but instead you want to deal with emotions.

The jury is still out on the police response to this situation. It appears there may have been mistakes made by their response, but it is early in the investigation and if I was on trial, I would want everyone to have all the facts before they pass judgement.

You may not be aware, but the police have no duty to protect you. SCOTUS has ruled that the police are there to investigate crimes and make arrest, they do not have a duty to protect you unless you are in their custody. Courts have ruled that you have the responsibility for your own protection, although with the modern mindset it is much easier to blame someone else. Children are not adults and have no duty to protect themselves, but this falls upon the parents and when given to another (i.e. school district, babysitter, etc.) to protect the minor.

Just in case you are not aware, police are armed civilians. You have military and civilians, the police in the US is not military, but a civilian force. In other nations the police force is part of their military.

Finally, would I expect that the teachers defend themselves against the attacker? YES. Most teachers I know would die protecting the kids they teach. I feel, which is my opinion and no way to validate, that those two teachers if given the tools would have done everything possible to protect those kids. I'm fairly confident that those two teachers did everything they could to protect those kids even without the proper tools. If you don't believe that everyday people use firearms to protect themselves, do a little research and you will see where firearms are used more to protect people than the media and left like to admit.

Reactions: 7 users

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
I agree with all you wrote, except it was the National Firearms Act of 1934 passed by FDR that required citizens to go thru background checks, etc in order to own a fully automatic weapon.

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

You said, "To your "we all know that Muslims are bad" comment, that's because the media you claim "brainwashed the Libs" has brainwashed you into this mindset."

You missed the point of the entire paragraph. You remind me of the person at the comedy club just waiting to be offended.

Dieseldonato

Equipment
Mar 15, 2022
Pa

Your definition of easy is interesting. 50 years, yes it was simpler to buy a gun, you just ordered and Sears would deliver it to your door. Nowhere in the US is that simple anymore. You must complete a form and attest to the statements on there and you are ran against the Federal database that criminal records and ALL States require reporting of involuntary commitment for mental issues to the database. Even further 18 States have included involuntary outpatient treatments to the database.

Your statement about getting a carry concealed pistol license is not applicable to all States either. You make a general statement and try to apply it to all States, which I can assure you in my State, Illinois, we have to go through a 16-hour class, pass range qualifications, and background checks before we are issued carry permit. I fully realize that is not the case for all States, but your statement is incorrect when multiple States have various requirements ranging from training to finger printing and background checks.

Nailed it!

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
You once again are incorrect. I will speak on the outpatient treatment and my State, which is Illinois because that is what I have researched. Voluntary or involuntary, if you seek professional treatment and have homicidal or suicidal thoughts or indications that are indicated to the medical provider, you are reported. So, once again you prove that you aren't as smart as you think.

Don't take my word for it, but talk to psychiatrists in this State, which I talked with four of them at a conference about this very topic. These rules apply to medical doctors and certified counselors also.

As far as you being targeted, maybe you need to consider your life choices if you feel that people are out targeting you. Most likely, you aren't on anybody's radar.

It is a shame you did not read the whole paragraph and understand the point with the Muslim reference. Although, sadly I believe you do and you would by your very own words like to see groups suppressed just for their beliefs.

"Slippery slope or not, I'd feel safer in my own country if MAGA, Antifa, Proud Boys, Militia groups, Taliban, Nazi, Gang members, etc... were not armed."

Your belief is exactly what allowed the Nazi groups in Germany come to power. When you feel that your belief is more important than another groups, you have an issue. You are no more important and no less important than any other group. I may not agree with other groups beliefs, but that doesn't give me the right to stop them from believing the way they do.

I do find it interesting that your list doesn't include any leftist extremists groups, but I guess they are okay since they align with your beliefs?

You will find that is the biggest difference between you and I. I may not agree with you, but I'm not willing to trample on your rights so I can feel better.

As far as no other country having firearm issues as laughable, you once again are wrong. You make broad statements yet give no FACTS, which I have presented in everyone of my post. Once again I will show you the facts to disprove your broad statement with one simple word, Mexico. Look at our southern border and the issue they have there. You will dismiss that as an outlier. Will how about Brazil, Argentina, India, Philippines, and should I go on? Probably not, because you don't want to deal with facts, but instead you want to deal with emotions.

The jury is still out on the police response to this situation. It appears there may have been mistakes made by their response, but it is early in the investigation and if I was on trial, I would want everyone to have all the facts before they pass judgement.

You may not be aware, but the police have no duty to protect you. SCOTUS has ruled that the police are there to investigate crimes and make arrest, they do not have a duty to protect you unless you are in their custody. Courts have ruled that you have the responsibility for your own protection, although with the modern mindset it is much easier to blame someone else. Children are not adults and have no duty to protect themselves, but this falls upon the parents and when given to another (i.e. school district, babysitter, etc.) to protect the minor.

Just in case you are not aware, police are armed civilians. You have military and civilians, the police in the US is not military, but a civilian force. In other nations the police force is part of their military.

Finally, would I expect that the teachers defend themselves against the attacker? YES. Most teachers I know would die protecting the kids they teach. I feel, which is my opinion and no way to validate, that those two teachers if given the tools would have done everything possible to protect those kids. I'm fairly confident that those two teachers did everything they could to protect those kids even without the proper tools. If you don't believe that everyday people use firearms to protect themselves, do a little research and you will see where firearms are used more to protect people than the media and left like to admit.
You should probably get clarification, mandated reporters report when/if there is a plan in place to act on homicidal or suicidal ideation and not for every instance.

Here's an excerpt from IL DHS: "notify the Department of Human Services (DHS) within 24 hours of determining a person is: "Clear and Present Danger" or "Intellectually Disabled", and notify the Department of Human Servies (DHS) within 7 days of determining a person is "Developmentally Disabled"; as defined in the Firearm Owner's Identification Card (FOID) Act Section 1.1." not all homicidal or suicidal ideation is identified as "clear and present danger." If your healthcare providers report all instances, good for them, but I doubt your statement is based on fact.

"As far as you being targeted, maybe you need to consider your life choices if you feel that people are out targeting you. Most likely, you aren't on anybody's radar."

ah yes, white privilege in it's purest form. My life choices have resulted in a comfortable life for my family and I - doesn't mean I'm protected from some openly or closeted racist MAGA/Qanon//Nazi asshole or other domestic terror organization.

So according to you, groups watchlisted by FBI and other organizations should bear arms because you "don't want to infringe on their rights"?

Regarding your comment about me not mentioning liberal groups - please re-read my comment. I threw Antifa in there as well - or are they only liberal when it fits your agenda?

Again, according to you, limiting firearm access to groups that have means and motive to take lives with firearms is not ok? Limiting access to those deemed by a professional to be mentally unfit to own a firearm is not ok? Please educate me on this logic and how it would allow Nazi's to take over. The logic here is ridiculous.

I know the police is not obligated to protect me or anyone else, they are a revenue generating organization that assesses crime after the fact and helps deter crime in some instances - which is why your statement of putting police in schools is yet another Fox News bandaid you place on the problem.

Another F for comprehension, I never said no other country has gun violence issues. I said like ours does. Even in the countries you mentioned (some of which ours had a major hand in funneling guns into and destabilizing), do not hold a candle to us in terms of domestic terror using firearms - especially in schools and places of worship.

I'm curious if you'll share the same "guns for all" sentiment if more Black Panthers rallies or BLM rallies included guns and open carry, or will you all and the NRA cry like you did in the past because a non-white nationalist group was exercising their rights?

*I will edit and add, and not that it may matter, but I have respect for you in engaging in heated debate even though we disagree and providing insight instead of using the "triggered" bullshit argument.

🙃

Last edited:
  • Dislike

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
You said, "To your "we all know that Muslims are bad" comment, that's because the media you claim "brainwashed the Libs" has brainwashed you into this mindset."

You missed the point of the entire paragraph. You remind me of the person at the comedy club just waiting to be offended.
Thanks for the value-add 😂 you clearly lack the mental capacity to formulate a logical response. I was hoping you'd chime in for a good chuckle.

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
The multi-million dollar question is, if you don't associate with extremist groups, hold their idealogy, or have a underlying mental issue that deems you unfit for common-sense firearm ownership, why would any of my posts bother you? 🤔