Guns...Times have changed...

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Thanks for the reply. I agree 100 percent with this reply.
I dont know the answers but i believe if we all work together instead of finger pointing like the answers are black and white, we will do what Americans always have done. We will find common ground.
Agreed! Something (or many things) need to happen to get us there. I hope we can one day elect ethically and fiscally responsible representatives to do the bidding of the people for the greater good. The current lineup (on both sides) is primarily composed of trash.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
So there is a long drawn out affair and he ends up in the gray bar hotel physio ward, thumbing his nose at society ,, And to that I say 13 steps,,, a short drop,,, and a sudden stop ! And it should be done in public, so others that maybe thinking there will be no repercussions for their actions will have something to think about,, just MHO

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I have always been a proponent of brush chipper executions.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Agreed! Something (or many things) need to happen to get us there. I hope we can one day elect ethically and fiscally responsible representatives to do the bidding of the people for the greater good. The current lineup (on both sides) is primarily composed of trash.
This is something that you and I can agree on.

I think our representatives (they forget they are not our leaders, but representatives) need to have limits placed on them.

I believe our system was never setup for an elected position to be a career choice. I think all elected positions should have a term limit placed on them, such as the Presidential position does.

I think the elected positions should receive the same benefits as other government employees while in office, not better benefits.

I don't believe you should be able to retire from an elected position, but would be willing to contribute to a retirement plan with matching funds to be part of your retirement for your service to the country.

Budgets should be forced to be balanced and not allowed to be purposely over spent expecting our kids and grandchildren to face the burden of the debt.

Maybe we can go from having people that are worried about being elected to gaining people that are willing to make a difference in the country.

Reactions: 3 users

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
None of these "mass shootings" have any impact on how I feel about the right of an American citizen to own and bear firearms. The 2A was written by our founding fathers for the express purpose of the citizen to be able to say "NO" to the government when the government overstepped it's bounds. Not for hunting, not for self-defense. These are secondary benefits. I hate it when innocent people are shot as much as the rest of us. But I won't back down on my right to own and bear firearms. The Constitution actually does not place any limits on what type of firearm a citizen can own, or where he or she may take it. From a pure interpretation of the 2A, there would not be a problem with waltzing into a courthouse with a fully automatic M16. We have been trained to be afraid of guns, with the only solution offered being the government protecting us through police and other agencies, and us being without firearms. No! It should be the other way around. And while some civilian in court with a loaded M16 might seem terrifying, it wouldn't be if everyone else had a gun too. A simple check and balance system. If everyone had guns, there basically wouldn't be mass shootings anymore. If a person chose not to have a gun, that would be their right but they would do so at their own risk.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
I am for any and all gun control legislation, including confiscation.

As long as it doesn't apply to me. Or my dad. Or my mom. Or any of my pals.

The list will probably change over time. Hit the subscribe and like buttons for timely updates.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I'm for any and all gun control legislation, including confiscation.
Yup, should ONLY apply to CRIMINALS ! You know ,those that do NOT obey LAWS......

Interesting that more(well real close) were killed/maimed in Chicago last weekend than at the 4th 'massacre' yet media doesn't cover that.

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
re: I'm for any and all gun control legislation, including confiscation.
Yup, should ONLY apply to CRIMINALS ! You know ,those that do NOT obey LAWS......

Interesting that more(well real close) were killed/maimed in Chicago last weekend than at the 4th 'massacre' yet media doesn't cover that.
It doesn't fit there agenda 😉😉😉

Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Wonder what the government gonna do once they fix all the world problems 🤷‍♂️
They will create something big enough to make national news for weeks/months/years, give the citizens aid to help them overcome the inconvenience, and lie some more to be seen as heroes!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They will create something big enough to make national news for weeks/months/years, give the citizens aid to help them overcome the inconvenience, and lie some more to be seen as heroes!
Like taking credit for creating a bunch of "New" jobs when in reality businesses were allowed to go back to original staffing levels after forced closures.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Like taking credit for creating a bunch of "New" jobs when in reality businesses were allowed to go back to original staffing levels after forced closures.
The adults are back in the room!:ROFLMAO:😆

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I can't "Adult" today...... maybe tomorrow 😬😬😬😬😬😬😬
I told my wife I was going to be doing some 'adulting' today.

She said excuse me?

I told her I thought it was a good day for me to do some 'adulting' today while I was at work.

A word of advice, make sure you are enunciating your words and that your wife has had enough coffee before you try to make a joke.

I spent the next 10 minutes explaining I was not going to start committing adultery, that I was making a play on words about being an adult and adult behavior which at this point seems very childish.

That is my public service announcement for the day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I told my wife I was going to be doing some 'adulting' today.

She said excused me?

I told her I thought it was a good day for me to do some 'adulting' today while I was at work.

A word of advice, make sure you are enunciating your words and that your wife has had enough coffee before you try to make a joke.

I spent the next 10 minutes explaining I was not going to start committing adultery, that I was making a play on words about being an adult and adult behavior which at this point seems very childish.

That is my public service announcement for the day.
I actually got that saying from a tee shirt my wife wears 😁😁😁😁

Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
The simple fact, laws only are followed by law-abiding citizens.
WHY, OH WHY is this statement so hard for some folks to comprehend?

Does anyone actually believe that ANY law will stop a criminal from using a gun? We have capital punishment (in many states) or life in prison and yet criminals still kill folks daily. Seriously, those of you that believe this please speak up. Please tell me exactly how any law stops folks from committing crime.

We all need to ask ourselves why do most mass shootings seem to occur at schools. You could kill just as many, if not more folks on the house floor, while congress is in session. Just think of how many 'corrupt' cops could be killed at the police department. How about a crowded bank on payday, plenty of targets. Yet it never happens.

Cowards find soft, undefended, gun free zones--kids that cannot fight back. Does anyone actually believe that if schools had armed guards and controlled access this would be happening? Instead of sending $700b to a foreign country, how about we use that to protect OUR children from nuts.

Simple solution that requires no new, completely useless, laws.

EDIT@@@ For context, according to the interwebs there are about 131,000 K-12 schools in the US. At $700b thats $5,343,511 per school. If we paid two armed/trained ex-military/police $50,000 a year to guard the school the money would last 53 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
The odds of being shot if you're a good guy are slim. Granted dead is dead, but with around 20 Million firearms being sold annually in the US the law of averages are in your favor.