Gun Guys

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I got a call last night from the local VFD gun bash,, said I won a Weatherby PA 08 in 12ga, Syn.... never seen one and don't seem to be able to find out much about it,, anybody know anything good bad or other wise,,, Do I shoot it, stick it in the safe, or take a hacksaw to it and hide it behind the seat of the truck?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
OK I got a call last night from the local VFD gun bash,, said I won a Weatherby PA 08 in 12ga, Syn.... never seen one and don't seem to be able to find out much about it,, anybody know anything good bad or other wise,,, Do I shoot it, stick it in the safe, or take a hacksaw to it and hide it behind the seat of the truck?

Congrats my friend !!!!:)

shoot it !!! a lot!!!:D

take a look at this :

http://www.weatherby.com/pa-08-upland.html

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I've got a PA-08 in wood trim- the synthetic version is a little less expensive. I paid $369 for mine. They are a nice pump shotgun for the money.
Mine is the one in the link that Hokie provided. 26" barrel.

Shoot it. That's what its made for.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK you have one,, I hear lots of horror stories about them jamming or short stroking them and being a PIA to clear. I know if you short stroke any of them,my Mdl 37 is like that

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Mine is new; I don't have enough experience with it, yet. But, I did quite a bit of research, and did not hear those stories. I will report back if I have any problems.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Shaun,,, to be honest I have been short strokin all my life,,;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was thinking last night at Lodge that when we have our annual charity sporting clay shoot I just might donate it and maybe make a few bucks for the kids. I started this shoot 4 years ago and while its not a large producing event it none the less brings in about a grand for the charities, and with a NEW shotgun as a prize maybe we can make some more. I dont know what do you guys think?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I was thinking last night at Lodge that when we have our annual charity sporting clay shoot I just might donate it and maybe make a few bucks for the kids. I started this shoot 4 years ago and while its not a large producing event it none the less brings in about a grand for the charities, and with a NEW shotgun as a prize maybe we can make some more. I dont know what do you guys think?
Skeets - You are a good saint ! Our kids need a few more places to "go" to learn real world activities! Make them understand what giving is all about!;)

In school we USE TO teach values and real world thinking.......now I cannot get a kid to take his hat off when coming in a building......sometimes I ask them, would your grandmother allow you to eat Sunday lunch with a hat on at the table??? they typically say no......and then I ask them WHY? and there is not an ounce of correlation to why......

I had a thought 30 years ago, after my first year of teaching.......EVERY STUDENT THAT MOVES FROM THEIR JUNIOR TO SENIOR YEAR MUST GO THROUGH A "MILITARY" BOOTCAMP.......JUST 4 WEEKS.....IN THAT FOUR WEEKS THEY COULD LEARN MORE ABOUT RESPECT AND BEING A "GOOD PERSON" THAN MANY WOULD GET IN LIFETIME....

and think about the senior class......they would be awesome!

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Now that would be a wonderful thing -- but I expect you couldn't find enough parents in the entire country who would agree to fill one class.

The change must begin in the home.

We have to keep trying in our own small ways to set an example, and try to avoid getting upset with the realization that we're loosing the war.