Green weakling

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
So I was helping my dad dig up some bushes along side the house today and he borrowed his brothers John Deere 990 with a fel and backhoe on a subframe. It is one weak tractor for a 40hp machine. The JD dug the bushes up with marginal results but I reckon its better then a shovel and a pick axe. The FEL is a quick connect but it could hardly lift the front end up off the ground. Same for the hoe it couldn't pick up the rear and let me swing it side to side at all.

Oh well I operated it, I don't own it!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
It must have problems. I don't want to give too much credit to JD, but they perform better than that.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Knocking on the door of 850 hours on the clock and I'm not impressed. My dad has borrowed it a few times just to use the hoe and I've ran it before and have never seen any WOW I need to buy me one of these factors from it.

I know my uncle had to replace one of the lift cylinders on the loader cause he tore off a fitting with a twig. After observation I noticed where the hydraulic fittings are tapped and threaded onto the cylinder and not tack welded in place. I told dad that's the difference between Kubota and Deere.