Grease

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Here's the single most important thing you can know about grease (or engine oil)

Use it.

Cheap junk used regularly beats the best synthetic uber-super-duper-speciatly grease that sits in a tube in your shop.
I agree. If buying high dollar grease is going to make you stingy with it, buy the cheap stuff. Most of the lube locations don't have seals, so the new grease flushes the dirt back out of the bushing. Use enough to flush out the dirt then use a rag or paper towel to wipe off the excess. A few places do have seals - tie rod ends and u-joints come to mind. If you over grease these, you'll burst the seal.

Reactions: 1 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
As shown on your owners manual, "multipurpose grease" NLGI 1 or 2 means the window is wide open.

I use the 3% moly grease, pick your brand, for everything with no issues.

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I was finally able to locate the original grease I was using on the L series Kubota, and just purchased a ten tube case. I should be good to go now and want to thank everyone for the replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I buy my grease in 150 pound open head drums. Lubrication Engineers Red hi-tack synthetic. All my hand guns have filler ports so I fill them from the air greaser. Don't care for messy tubes and all my had guns have clear polycarbonate barrels so I can see what is left inside.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Been using Amsoil grease with moly for 25 years and have never had a lubricant related failure. Does you no good though because I order it online.

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Received the new LockNLube LNL252 pistol grip grease gun today. A day late, but that is no fault of LNL.
First impression of the unit was they did a nice job packing it and getting it to me. They shipped same day it was ordered.
Opened the box and found different sheets of information in the box with the grease gun, hose with swivel and locking coupler with extra rebuild kit. There is a product catalog, operating instructions and grease gun priming instructions.
One of the first things I noticed was the weight of this grease gun. It has a lot of heft to it telling me this thing is built well. I was worried about the thickness of the tube and the threads on each end before I ordered the gun. One of my older guns had a very thin wall and the threads were very thin and shallow, making it far too easy to cross thread which had happened to me right away. This gun is not like the old one I had. Threads are deep and plenty going into the head as well as the base where plunger is. The spring is heavy duty, and locks well into the little key hole at bottom.
I thought it was really handy that LNL installed a false Zerk into the top of the unit so you can park the locking coupler and not have the hose fly around slinging grease on your clothes when the unit is not in use. Also makes a handy hanging and or carrying point if needed, I hang my guns by the pistol grip rather then on the hose.
Priming was really unnecessary . As the directions state, priming not needed. Put in a tube and pump the handle 5 or ten times and you have grease. I use a 3% Moly/Lithium grease so it was easy.
I can already tell you about the coupler as I use it on my Lincoln 1134 gun already for my mower and other equipment. The locking coupler makes greasing so much easier when you don't have to hold the coupler on the Zerk and try to pump at same time while grease is pushing out all around the fitting.
This gun may seem to be more expensive than the Lincoln 1134, but remember the locking coupler and extra repair kit is included in the price I paid. Deducting the price of the coupler from the total makes the grease gun about same or near price of the 1134 I bought a while ago.
All in all I am very pleased with my purchase, and would buy it again and would recommend this product to anyone needing to grease equipment from a cart to a tractor!

Reactions: 1 user