Grease

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I have a B2601 coming in a couple weeks and trying to get ready for it. I am replacing an L3200 tractor that i had sold a few years ago with this B series, and now wondering what grease to get. I will use the FEL, Belly Mower and Backhoe as I have in the past. Also getting the Grapple and Box Blade at first of the new year.
I live in the Piedmont of NC, and do not want to have to order on line if possible.
Any suggestions on the better type of grease to get? This machine is being used on my property only, and not for commercial use so there is no real heavy duty usage if this helps at all.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Try doing a search. Lots of 'grease related threads on here already.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
I have a B2601 coming in a couple weeks and trying to get ready for it. I am replacing an L3200 tractor that i had sold a few years ago with this B series, and now wondering what grease to get. I will use the FEL, Belly Mower and Backhoe as I have in the past. Also getting the Grapple and Box Blade at first of the new year.
I live in the Piedmont of NC, and do not want to have to order on line if possible.
Any suggestions on the better type of grease to get? This machine is being used on my property only, and not for commercial use so there is no real heavy duty usage if this helps at all.
Type of grease is listed in your manual, look up what your local Auto store has and see if it meets the specification.
Grease.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I was able to see the video and found it interesting. I know there are so many different name brands of grease out there and was not sure which ones were good and ones to stay away from.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The issue with any grease or oil thread is, one, it takes up unnecessary bandwith because everyone has an opinion about what is the best grease or oil and eveyone wants to argue about it. because 'what I use is the best and what you use is junk' attitude.

Just refer to your owners manual and buy according to the specification.

My only comment is, don't buy a clay based grease because it will harden in the zerk fittings and you'll have to eventually replace them.

Other than that, they sky (and your wallet) are the limit.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Type of grease is listed in your manual, look up what your local Auto store has and see if it meets the specification.
View attachment 47159
I am aware of the different types and what I need. I guess I was not clear enough on my question though. I just don't want to get a few tubes of garbage and pump it into the joints. I don't need best of the best, but I would like to have a decent name brand that can be relied on to work and not break down. I'm sure a lot of you guys have done the trial and error on some of the different brands. I am hoping to benefit from some of the great experience on the forum.
I was using the Mystik brand JT6 but my local suppliers seem to not carry it any longer.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
The issue with any grease or oil thread is, one, it takes up unnecessary bandwith because everyone has an opinion about what is the best grease or oil and eveyone wants to argue about it. because 'what I use is the best and what you use is junk' attitude.

Just refer to your owners manual and buy according to the specification.

My only comment is, don't buy a clay based grease because it will harden in the zerk fittings and you'll have to eventually replace them.

Other than that, they sky (and your wallet) are the limit.
Thanks for that info. I don't want the worst, but I don't want the best either. I just want what is recommended. I have to wait another couple weeks before taking delivery of my machine before I get the manual.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
While waiting for your machine, you can read the manuals. It's available if you google "b2601 owners manual" You will get the Operator and WSM.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Thanks for that info. I don't want the worst, but I don't want the best either. I just want what is recommended. I have to wait another couple weeks before taking delivery of my machine before I get the manual.
I know you said no on-line but I just got a case of the Red n' tacky for $44.00 on Amazon. You cannot get the "cheap" stuff for much less. Plus you have enough for 4 years.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I know you said no on-line but I just got a case of the Red n' tacky for $44.00 on Amazon. You cannot get the "cheap" stuff for much less. Plus you have enough for 4 years.
I really appreciate all the comments and help. It does make it easier to listen to others that have been through it before you. It's always better to make an informed decision rather than a blind one.

HermTDI

Equipment
Kubota GR2120
Jan 13, 2013
Richomnd, Maine us
Moly-B
Moly platelets have the characteristic of being able to slide across metal surfaces quite easily. This allows metal to rub against metal while being protected by the lubricating properties of moly grease.
There are microscopic pores on the surface of all engine parts and the thick gooey moly grease fills in these pores nicely, making the surface much more smooth. Nothing works better to provide a good seal.

The one place not to use Molly is in high speed bearings...ie 5,000 RPM >

haveissues

Equipment
LX2610
Sep 13, 2013
northeast
I've always greased pins with whatever 3% moly grease that I have gotten a hold of.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Here's the single most important thing you can know about grease (or engine oil)

Use it.

Cheap junk used regularly beats the best synthetic uber-super-duper-speciatly grease that sits in a tube in your shop.

05Fatboy

Equipment
BX2680, 48" Pallet forks, 60" mower, 60" snow pusher, 48" grading scraper
Jun 26, 2020
Barrington,NH
Recently I swapped to Lube Shuttle Mos2 and it seems to work very well and the grease tubes are much better than a normal grease gun.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Whatever grease you decide on, buy a case of it AND a new grease gun. Mark them as KUBOTA ONLY !! Put in a special spot in yor garage and ONLY use it for the KUBOTA. That way you'll ALWAYS have the same ,good grease available . I have a shelf where mine sits with a box of air/oil /fuel filters.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I figure I'm using Kubota filters, Kubota oil, Kubota hydraulic fluid, so why not Kubota grease.

So this is what I purchased

Kubota: 14oz High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I figure I'm using Kubota filters, Kubota oil, Kubota hydraulic fluid, so why not Kubota grease.

So this is what I purchased

Kubota: 14oz High-Performance Polyurea Multi-Purpose Grease
When I purchased my L series tractor with BH, 4-in-1 bucket and box blade combo I purchased a dedicated grease gun just for the tractor and my Scag mower. Since I sold the tractor, I still have the Scag so I continue to use the grease gun for that. With the new B series coming in soon, I will continue to share the grease gun with the Scag and tractor once again.
Here is a pic of my L series I had. Should have kept it....
IMG_0869.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users