Gravel Pick Up

Trail

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, 60" Deck, Rear Blade
Dec 11, 2016
Wisconsin
Is there an attachment that would work well picking up gravel from grassy areas other than a landscape rake? FEL would not work either.

We had 9” of rain in a few hours and it washed a lot of gravel into my yard. I have a huge gravel path probably 500’ or more.

I did some the old fashion way of raking by hand into the FEL but that sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Is there an attachment that would work well picking up gravel from grassy areas other than a landscape rake? FEL would not work either.

We had 9” of rain in a few hours and it washed a lot of gravel into my yard. I have a huge gravel path probably 500’ or more.

I did some the old fashion way of raking by hand into the FEL but that sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run my snow blower over the lawn in reverse.

It doesn't work, but nor have any of the "anti gravel"* fixes that have been applied to the blower ;-)

* anti gravity might work. ;-)

GEPM64

Equipment
B2601 with FEL, Box Scraper, rotary mower, 3pt snowblower and Sovema Tiller
Sep 15, 2014
Hazelridge, Manitoba, Canada
Hi Folks,

You can laugh all you want, but in the spring after cleaning snow all winter I have all kinds of gravel on my lawn no matter how hard I try and keep it off. A few years ago, I got the idea to send the kids out in the spring with the shop vac to vacuum the gravel off the lawn and dump it back onto the driveway. It was very effective and didn't damage the grass. Now it's part of the spring cleaning around here.

Good Luck.

Glenn,

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Not an attachment for a tractor but for some types of brush cutters there are rubber paddle wheel type sweeper that could be used.

Look at Echo PAS attachments at link
https://www.echo-usa.com/Products/Pro-Attachment-Series/propaddle-attachment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
^^^This. I spend a few hours every Spring removing the sand and gravel from the edges of my lawn.

Between the town sanding the roads (and the first 3 feet of my lawn) and my plow guy, I usually remove a cubic yard or more from about 150 feet of road and driveway frontage.

Still work, but MUCH better than a rake.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I have about 400' of drive around my house so that is 800' of edges. I also get sand and rock in my grass that needs to be moved back to the drive.

I use my push blower and back pack blower, I push the blower and use the back pack at the same time it works well. Where it is piled up more I loosen it with the leaf rake prior to blowing and this works.

best if done when dry.

The push blower is a 9.5 HP Little Wonder, she is a beast.

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
You guys got to try the big shop vac best thing ever two of the hard pipes on it and vacuumed it right up. Filled up a four foot tractor bucket in less than an hour and never bent over. I can clean up a large area in no time.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have found a lawnmower tends to be pretty efficient at finding every piece of gravel in the lawn... :eek: