Grand L6060 Drawbar Issue

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
I have run into another obstacle with my efforts to connect a Rhino TS12 flex wing cutter to my Grand L6060. The tractor drawbar mounting bracket is so far back under the tractor that the drawbar will not extend far enough to get the required 14” from the end of the PTO shaft to the implement mounting hole. It will only extend out to about 12”. Is there a replacement drawbar mounding bracket that sits further back on the frame of the tractor?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Does the drawbar have multiple holes along the length and can you use the last hole in the bar to mount it further out?
I assume you’re already doing that but maybe not?

Can you use a drawbar in the 3PH arms instead of the original tractor mounted drawbar?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Does the drawbar have multiple holes along the length and can you use the last hole in the bar to mount it further out?
I assume you’re already doing that but maybe not?

Can you use a drawbar in the 3PH arms instead of the original tractor mounted drawbar?
" Can you use a drawbar in the 3PH arms instead of the original tractor mounted drawbar? "

NOOOOOOOOO!

Bad idea for multiple reasons.

SDT

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Longer drawbar should be an easy job.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Time to visit the local steel supplier and purchase the required length of rectangular bar stock.

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
Longer drawbar should be an easy job.
The drawbar that came with it is a standard 26.56” bar and I have it in the last hole that will allow the bar to engage the support. I am wondering if Kubota offers a different drawbar mounting bracket that might sit further back?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The drawbar that came with it is a standard 26.56” bar and I have it in the last hole that will allow the bar to engage the support. I am wondering if Kubota offers a different drawbar mounting bracket that might sit further back?
Go to Kubota.com and illustrated parts list then search on your tractor model.
See if there are options for the drawbar mount. May be different by serial numbers but at least you can see if there are any options

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Another thing to consider is the drawbar to pto height. I know that model cutter has a cv that may also be too large. I have been looking into this setup as well, so im very curious as to your findings. It is a stretch, but I know kubota used three different pto stub shafts for the grand l60 transmission/gear housings. Each seems to only be different in length with corresponding extension housings. Would be relatively cheap to swap the parts. I assume they did this to help with extending the pto to match depth from the back tires/axles. They did not change the drawbar frames or bars with this pto change. i.e. the smallest l3560 shares the same drawbar and frame as the l6060. I have a swing frame in possession, but the drop and setback appear to be identical.

(edit)
Might also take your l60 bar to the dealer, and see if the bar off a mx6000 is same cross section but longer.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Before running off and making your own drawbar like some have suggested, 14” from end of PTO to hole in drawbar is an Standard across all tractors for 540rpm PTO. 1000rpm distance is 16”. So your Kubota should have come with a drawbar that is able to meet that standard. A couple things come to mind to check, 1) try turning the drawbar around and see if the holes line up properly to give the correct measurements, 2) could be that the wrong drawbar was installed on your tractor. Did you buy the tractor new? If so, and the drawbar cannot be made to work correctly, go back to your dealer and see if they will replace it with the correct one.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
" Can you use a drawbar in the 3PH arms instead of the original tractor mounted drawbar? "

NOOOOOOOOO!

Bad idea for multiple reasons.

SDT
Mostly because the way the lower links secure to the transmission case. Not much substance there to resist any lateral pull especially a shock load lateral pull. I've seen a few broken off and that usually means a case replacement.

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
Another thing to consider is the drawbar to pto height. I know that model cutter has a cv that may also be too large. I have been looking into this setup as well, so im very curious as to your findings. It is a stretch, but I know kubota used three different pto stub shafts for the grand l60 transmission/gear housings. Each seems to only be different in length with corresponding extension housings. Would be relatively cheap to swap the parts. I assume they did this to help with extending the pto to match depth from the back tires/axles. They did not change the drawbar frames or bars with this pto change. i.e. the smallest l3560 shares the same drawbar and frame as the l6060. I have a swing frame in possession, but the drop and setback appear to be identical.

(edit)
Might also take your l60 bar to the dealer, and see if the bar off a mx6000 is same cross section but longer.
Actually, the Rhino TS12 does not use the CV...it uses a regular u-joint which is an advantage since it is much smaller than a CV. That does make sense about the stub shaft length. I will look into that to see if there are any options. The other problem is that the vertical distance between the PTO shaft to the top of the drawbar is only about 5-1/2”. Just don’t know why Kubota did not make the thing industry standard.

Fatboy2005

Equipment
Grand L6060
Feb 26, 2020
Carrollton, GA
Before running off and making your own drawbar like some have suggested, 14” from end of PTO to hole in drawbar is an Standard across all tractors for 540rpm PTO. 1000rpm distance is 16”. So your Kubota should have come with a drawbar that is able to meet that standard. A couple things come to mind to check, 1) try turning the drawbar around and see if the holes line up properly to give the correct measurements, 2) could be that the wrong drawbar was installed on your tractor. Did you buy the tractor new? If so, and the drawbar cannot be made to work correctly, go back to your dealer and see if they will replace it with the correct one.
I looked in the manual and I have the drawbar in the position that is shown. In fact, it even shows the correct hole to put the pin. I looked at the specs and it appears the drawbar i have is the one for my tractor. I did buy it new and that is the drawbar that was with it. Even if I got a longer drawbar, I am concerned that the stresses from the load being so far back from the bracket might put more stress on the bracket than it can stand. Another issue is the vertical distance from the center of the PTO shaft to the top of the drawbar is only about 5-1/2”. I just don’t know why Kubota did not make it consistent with industry standards.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I looked in the manual and I have the drawbar in the position that is shown. In fact, it even shows the correct hole to put the pin. I looked at the specs and it appears the drawbar i have is the one for my tractor. I did buy it new and that is the drawbar that was with it. Even if I got a longer drawbar, I am concerned that the stresses from the load being so far back from the bracket might put more stress on the bracket than it can stand. Another issue is the vertical distance from the center of the PTO shaft to the top of the drawbar is only about 5-1/2”. I just don’t know why Kubota did not make it consistent with industry standards.
I know when I spec out the rcf96 by land pride it specifically says the l6060 can only use the standard hitch with equal angle driveline. Apparently it is a known issue with this model. I was getting the bw12 by woods mixed up on the cv drive. Either way this all has to do with how extreme you make turns. I bet you could run it how it is and just see when the equal angle starts complaining. Its only something like 12* that you can turn sharper with cv.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US

Get the drop drawbar option. It should fix your issues.