Going orange...

OhioGuy

Apr 22, 2013
Ohio
Need help with used BX1500 - is this a good price?

Well I am about ready to pull the trigger on buying a BX1500.

Can anyone here give me a feel about this deal? 2003 Kubota BX1500 with Loader. Deck is Kubota and is 2 years old. Total hours 380. Has a cab. $7500.

What do you guys think about this price? I don't really want the cab. Makes it hard to get the loader off and on and I think will make it difficult to use on my property.

Appreciate any advice you might have...

Last edited:

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
I bought an L2550 as an upgrade for a Ford 8N. The tractor had a Sims cab. I live on a property with lots of steep inclines. I found the cab scary. Part of it was impression, but part was decreased stability of the tractor due to the cab raising the center of gravity. I traded the tractor in for a tractor without a cab and am glad I did - of course, I upgraded, as well.:)

I think a cab would be a delight or a necessity if I needed to be out in snow, cold, or rain for long periods of time. I don't. I get lots of snow (8" today, 18" last week) but like being out in it for less than many hours.

For a small tractor that is not being used extensively, I think a cab would not be that desirable.

But it all comes down to personal preference.

OhioGuy

Apr 22, 2013
Ohio
I bought an L2550 as an upgrade for a Ford 8N. The tractor had a Sims cab. I live on a property with lots of steep inclines. I found the cab scary. Part of it was impression, but part was decreased stability of the tractor due to the cab raising the center of gravity.
Yes exactly what I thought this is a hilly terrain, that it would raise the CG. But, the cab can be removed, and I have had some tell me it is worth $2000 used.

Anyone ever removed a cab from a BX1500?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Re: Need help with used BX1500 - is this a good price?

Well I am about ready to pull the trigger on buying a BX1500.

Can anyone here give me a feel about this deal? 2003 Kubota BX1500 with Loader. Deck is Kubota and is 2 years old. Total hours 380. Has a cab. $7500.

What do you guys think about this price? I don't really want the cab. Makes it hard to get the loader off and on and I think will make it difficult to use on my property.

Appreciate any advice you might have...
I looked up some 1500's on Tractorhouse, and the price looks somewhat in line- newer tractors were running about the same, so at 10 years old, maybe you can negotiate a little lower price. I don't think it's a bad deal, but it also isn't a steal.
I would imagine that removing the cab is no problem, but you may need a second set of hands. If you can sell it, that will certainly offset the current price, and get you some nice implements.
I'm not sure what kind of cab you have, but here is an idea of a price on a new one.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lHzLBZaqV-sMsteXQ&sig2=95f46p0W0E7Nx7DRvTB-BA