Getting cold, what Block heater?

mike paulson

Jan 11, 2012
ulster, NY
What type of block heaters are you guys using on B series tractors? I have the B2620 and was wondering if you use something Kubota offers or go aftermarket with one of those magnetic deals. Only thing I see with the magnetic ones is where the heck would you put it?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
What type of block heaters are you guys using on B series tractors? I have the B2620 and was wondering if you use something Kubota offers or go aftermarket with one of those magnetic deals. Only thing I see with the magnetic ones is where the heck would you put it?
I have a magnetic heater, and it isn't worth the money or the electricity. Placed on the oil pan might thin the oil enough to make it flow easier at startup, but it won't put the heat necessary in the block to aid in starting. An inline heater that keeps the antifreeze hot warms the engine more thoroughly.
Mine has about an inch of dust on it, where it sits in the barn unused.
I could put it on the oil pan overnight, and in the morning, it didn't put out enough heat to burn my hand. That was a 1500 watt heater, the biggest that Tractor Supply had for sale.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I have a B2920 with a screw in heater in the coolant passage. Plug it in for 45 minutes to and hour and tractor starts right up easily. Mine I made the dealer install it when I bought the tractor.

jimsdeere1010

Equipment
L4600 4x4 FEL, WD 45, WD 40 Allis Chalmers
Nov 11, 2013
Wayland, Ia
I had the dealer install mine. It also is a screw in type in the water jacket. I plug mine in the night before or an hour pryer to use and it fires right up. I have one on my truck that goes in the bottom radiator hose and works good also. Takes the guess work out of starts around zero.