General Lee's been hit!!!!!!! *******Updated with new Poll**********

I think that when RWS pulls that tube.........(I ,RWS, vow NOT to weld/braze it & I am not voting)

• The tube will be cracked somewhere and he has to replace it.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tube will be bent, but he will bend it back, try to use use it. And it will NOT leak.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • The tube will be bent, but he will bend it back, try to use use it. BUT it WILL leak.

Votes: 11 52.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Can anyone decode the part number for the O-rings"?

https://store.germanbliss.com/Home/...m-h24000-hydraulic-pipe-hst-parts@04816-00120

I would like to have the properly sized o-rings on hand when I get it off, cause I'm thinking at least one is "toast".

Edit: I have a "generic" set of replacement O-rings in the shop, but these could be some sort of "special" ones that my kit might not have.
The chance you have the correct o-ring in thst kit is pretty low. I doubt its a "special" but there are a lot of standard possibilties both metric and imperial.

No dealer nearby? Kubota doesnt like to share things like standard o-ring size numbers in their parts manuals or numbering system....

Dan

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Maybe you've seen this already, but Messicks has this photo below. Looks like PN has changes too.

Another suggestion I've used in the past is to call a parts counter and ask them to measure the thing if they had whatever part it was in stock.

1709554447432.png

1709554900249.png

1709555032988.png

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
The chance you have the correct o-ring in thst kit is pretty low. I doubt its a "special" but there are a lot of standard possibilties both metric and imperial.

No dealer nearby? Kubota doesnt like to share things like standard o-ring size numbers in their parts manuals or numbering system....

Dan
Gotcha,

I just ordered 4 of them. (y)

I just figured if I had them on hand, I would use them. No biggie though. Be here in a week.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Can anyone decode the part number for the O-rings"?

https://store.germanbliss.com/Home/...m-h24000-hydraulic-pipe-hst-parts@04816-00120

I would like to have the properly sized o-rings on hand when I get it off, cause I'm thinking at least one is "toast".

Edit: I have a "generic" set of replacement O-rings in the shop, but these could be some sort of "special" ones that my kit might not have.
I’ve been pleased with the myriad of repairs I’ve made with a HF assortment of O-rings I’ve had for 20 years. I just bought a new set of the same…. only for shelf-life concerns.… can’t seem to get motivated to open the cellophane…. I used the 20-yr old set again just yesterday to service a soda-water fire extinguisher.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I’d be concerned about it bending again now that the steel is compromised and weaker. For 100 bucks I’d be buying a new tube.

Reactions: 1 users

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
Being the "why buy when you can fix and make better than new" type, I would be inclined to remove the flimsy little tab and replace it with a more substantial machined block that would be unlikely to bend in the future (clean line and braze to new block).

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Kicking it to the top to have a little fun.....

Poll added........

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
I had to choose 2 but I do believe it will be weaker the originally. More likely to bend again unless modified

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not enough choices.

4- Blown or dislodged gasket/o-ring and simply replaced them.

5-Tube will be bent and replacement leaks.

wp6529

Equipment
B7100DT
Oct 31, 2023
TX
As this is not a pressure line, I think the odds of it leaking with new O rings and even a straightened tab are pretty low. Skid plates would definitely be a plus.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
have done a bunch of those

get a new pipe. Almost impossible to straighten it. The tube itself is bent, something probably grabbed it and bent it. Getting it back to the perfectly correct shape is imperative for it to seal properly and getting it TO that shape isn't gonna be easy. I suppose if you have a lot of time on your hands it could be done. That's one of those situations where a customer would tell us "my gosh I could bend/straighten that thing in 15 minutes and put it back on and it'd be fine, why are you charging me an hour's labor at $150/hr to do a 15 minute job???" Because I've tried, and if you want me to try I will, but it will still be $150/hr and if it takes me 3 hours to straighten the pipe so that it will seal perfectly, it'll be $450 plus taxes fluids and fees. Or you can buy the pipe for $90 and I put it on for $150 plus fluids, and we'll be done. I had a guy tell me this about a battery. Said "I want you to put a new battery on while I wait"....(Kawasaki, NOT easy to get to on that particular unit). I said, leave it with me and I'll knock it out before lunch. Guy says no, I want it done NOW, it only takes maybe 10 minutes. Well, I probably made a mistake when I told him if it was that easy, just go buy a battery and put it on yourself. I can't recall ever seeing him back at that place again, and frankly I don't blame him. I don't do well with people who refuse to understand.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
I’m going with option 6:

Replace the bent tube as well as the O-ring(s). Then design and make a skid plate to protect it from the off-trail excursions.

Bending the tube sufficiently while in place on the tractor would seem unlikely given you’d not be able to get the remaining elastic rebound portion of the misalignment out. But you could always try since it was broken before you started…

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Well I got some phone calls last night from my SIL and sister, so my weekend (and my hoist) just filled up rather quickly.

Looks like option 7 is the correct answer

Option 7: "RWS will be running around like a chicken with his head cut off this weekend working on peoples cars, so he is going to just order the damn tube and be done with it."

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
have done a bunch of those

get a new pipe. Almost impossible to straighten it. The tube itself is bent, something probably grabbed it and bent it. Getting it back to the perfectly correct shape is imperative for it to seal properly and getting it TO that shape isn't gonna be easy. I suppose if you have a lot of time on your hands it could be done. That's one of those situations where a customer would tell us "my gosh I could bend/straighten that thing in 15 minutes and put it back on and it'd be fine, why are you charging me an hour's labor at $150/hr to do a 15 minute job???" Because I've tried, and if you want me to try I will, but it will still be $150/hr and if it takes me 3 hours to straighten the pipe so that it will seal perfectly, it'll be $450 plus taxes fluids and fees. Or you can buy the pipe for $90 and I put it on for $150 plus fluids, and we'll be done. I had a guy tell me this about a battery. Said "I want you to put a new battery on while I wait"....(Kawasaki, NOT easy to get to on that particular unit). I said, leave it with me and I'll knock it out before lunch. Guy says no, I want it done NOW, it only takes maybe 10 minutes. Well, I probably made a mistake when I told him if it was that easy, just go buy a battery and put it on yourself. I can't recall ever seeing him back at that place again, and frankly I don't blame him. I don't do well with people who refuse to understand.
Yea, I think you guys are right.

I would like to try, but with the workload this weekend stacking up, I am better off just replacing it.

Any "helpful hints" to pass along?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I may be wrong, but I don't think the problem is the tube as much as it is the piece of metal where the bolt is. It's bent away from where it's supposed to be flat against the housing.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I wonder if it wouldn’t be better to cut that tube near the flange….. flare it…and install a (flexible) hose to better take the occasional hit. (and might also be a better method than attempting to re-align or re-bend that tube.)

(Option #10…?)