Fuel prices

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
My brother races modifieds or bombers on a dirt track and has just recently added a second car. These aren't the stripped down throw a roll cage in.. he's got a lot of money in them! This is going to put the hurts on him for sure, probably won't be able to race for points this year.. just the fun of it.. which is all fun anyways!

Wonder how much this will affect NASCAR if any.. I know their rich but prices could really go North!
Fuel prices are the least of their concern. When you are talking about cars that range north of $300,000 and multi-million dollar personnel budgets per team, gas prices mean almost nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
D

Deleted member 47704

Fuel prices are the least of their concern. When you are talking about cars that range north of $300,000 and multi-million dollar personnel budgets per team, gas prices mean almost nothing.
NASCAR has to worry about themselves before gasoline. They derailed on marketing by marketing to a demographic that doesn't care about motor racing. NASCAR has more in common with the WWE than racing.

Reactions: 2 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
NASCAR has to worry about themselves before gasoline. They derailed on marketing by marketing to a demographic that doesn't care about motor racing. NASCAR has more in common with the WWE than racing.
Agreed! I stopped watching the cup races because the new generation cup car may as well be a formula racer. That and the pandering to the woke crowd was just too much for me. I quit watching and going to a sport that I have been following for 60 years.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Some gas thieves are lazy idiots, no doubt. Some are sophisticated enough to pull up to a pump at a station that’s unmanned overnight, use a remote control to put the pump into a bypass service mode, and pump all the gas they want without being charged. A lot better than a drill or ice pick. In the case in the news article the thief played Robin Hood and let others fill up, too.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I lost a lot of interest in NASCAR when they catered to the ethanol scam and started using that product. The cars now are so regulated that NASCAR might as well build them and ask what color they like.

I was at an RV show last week and the attendance was way down, maybe that market is collapsing.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I can pretty much bet you that boat sales will go down drastically. I cannot imagine (and don't want to) filling my now-sold Cape Horn 27 with 175 gallons, averaging about 2.3 mpg. When going to our out fishing spots we were burning about 25 gph, or $150 per hour at a very conservative $6 a gallon on the water.

Just another sector of the economy to be hit--boats, on water places for boats and those that service them.
I feel for the current owners of my 44' DeFever.
900 gallon capacity - marine diesel.
$5,400 for a fill from empty tanks?
BIG Ouch !!!
Trust me, someone who owns a real boat, and is accustomed to filling a 900-1000 gallon tank regularly, burning 60-90 gph, paying a full time mate or captain, a few extra bucks to fill the tank will not even be a blip on the radar. These types of people are on a whole 'nother level.

an hourly worker, monitoring "how much gas this thing uses", entirely different scenario. When the economy tanks, there are still plenty of Hatteras's being sold...

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I only watch CrashCAR for the last 40-50 laps. The stop and go 'stages' is stupid, should run from green to checker.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Trust me, someone who owns a real boat, and is accustomed to filling a 900-1000 gallon tank regularly, burning 60-90 gph, paying a full time mate or captain, a few extra bucks to fill the tank will not even be a blip on the radar. These types of people are on a whole 'nother level.

an hourly worker, monitoring "how much gas this thing uses", entirely different scenario. When the economy tanks, there are still plenty of Hatteras's being sold...
In my case, the hourly burn was only a total of 10 gph, on two very economical 135 HP diesels.
$6 per gal. would be way to costly for me, if I still owned the boat.
I can remember complaining about $1 per gallon.

Last edited by a moderator:

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
rust me, someone who owns a real boat, and is accustomed to filling a 900-1000 gallon tank regularly, burning 60-90 gph, paying a full time mate or captain, a few extra bucks to fill the tank will not even be a blip on the radar. These types of people are on a whole 'nother level.
No question about that. I've sat at the on-water gas station and been shocked to see how much those cost to fill--even at prices 6-7 years ago.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
4.59 for regular, and 5.29 for diesel here,, they say the price is coming down, but it sure aint around here

D

Deleted member 47704

Agreed! I stopped watching the cup races because the new generation cup car may as well be a formula racer. That and the pandering to the woke crowd was just too much for me. I quit watching and going to a sport that I have been following for 60 years.
Pandering to the woke crowd is going to finish them off.We saw the golden age of motor racing come and go.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Regarding NASCAR ... they always turn left, what did you expect ?? ;)
Not quite true. They have road courses too. Also, some of the drivers have been known to turn right when they perceive that some other driver has done them wrong.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia

I think I am going to start turning off the tractor when I am going to be off of it for more than a few minutes. I have been starting it and letting run pretty much until I back it into the garage again.

Last edited:

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
Regular gas was $5.46, Diesel was $6.09, and that's at the no name station. Chevron was $5.98 and $6.47, California