Fuel issue on L2950

HVanderlaan

Equipment
L2950
Feb 12, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Hi, wondering if someone could help me diagnose a problem? My L2950 has been running very rough as of late. It starts OK and then after driving 50, or 100, or 250 feet then it will start to lose power and will sometimes stall. If I depress my clutch then I can keep the tractor from stalling. If it does stall, restarting is no problem. If I depress my clutch, then I have to wait 30 or so seconds for the rpm's to come back. Any ideas? (My fuel guage is reading over half full.)

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Could be a number of simple things. First it could be trash and gunk in the bottom of the fuel tank causing a blockage. The fuel filter itself could need to be replaced with a fresh new one. Also the filler cap on the fuel tank has a vent button on it. Something small like grass or dirt could plug that up not allowing fuel to flow from the tank to the engine.

HVanderlaan

Equipment
L2950
Feb 12, 2013
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for your help. Turns out that there was a blockage between the tank and the fuel filter. When the fuel filter was removed and the fuel valve opened, there was a very slow (or restricted) flow of fuel. We had to empty the fuel tank and blow air from the fuel filter into the tank. After this...we cleaned out the tank, refilled it with diesel and everything was OK...for now!

BTW: Has anyone used the product "244" by BG Company? According to the website: BG 244 quickly and effectively cleans diesel fuel injectors. It removes carbon deposits from combustion chambers, restores performance, smooths engine idle and helps prevent costly repairs. In only a few short miles of driving, engine response is restored!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Glad you found your problem. I had never heard of that 244 product but I personally do use diesel conditioner. Other than normal service changing the filter I have never had a fuel related issue that I didn't cause myself.