Fuel issue L3240

Jabbo

Equipment
L3240 Kubota
Jul 12, 2022
Louisiana
L3240. Changed fuel filter and emptied fuel tank in case of excess trash. Filled tank, went through all the steps of the bleed procedure with the fuel bleed valve. It will turn over about 10 times, fire and not start. Any ideas before I get a mobile mechanic?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sounds like you have an air leak, or air trapped in the fuel system

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I've had them do that before. What "I" did was loosen the fuel line between the filter and lift pump, let fuel flow through it. Then tighten the clamps back up. Now, loosen (or remove) the fuel line at the injection pump and have someone crank the engine over. Once you get fuel out reinstall the line quickly and tighten the clamp. Now leave the bleeder screw open and crank til it starts.

couple things I do, worth mentioning

when run out of fuel or if changing the fuel filter, I turn off the valve, then change the filter. When putting the ring nut back on, I don't install it all the way-I'll leave it somewhat loose. Now turn the valve on and let fuel flow back into the bowl until it comes out (ring nut loose....), and while it's flowing out, tighten the nut. Doing that you probably won't have to even loosen the bleeder screw, or I never really have. Fires right up and runs fine.

One other thing. If you try to bleed the injector lines and loosen them at the pump end, sometimes the delivery valve will turn inside the pump housing unless you HOLD it from turning (which is hard to do). If it turns, you have two options. One, turn it back or two take the pump out and have a shop rebuild it. Sometimes if it's turned hard enough it'll damage it and then your only option is replacement. I've sent them out before to be rebuilt and they were too far gone--because the owner turned the delivery valve while "bleeding" the lines.

Reactions: 1 user