Fuel Filter Change L3000DT

rleger

Equipment
L3000DT and various truck patch tools
Apr 2, 2010
Egan, Louisiana
I have a L3000DT 4whl Drive. Does anyone know where the fuel shutoff valve is located? I want to change the fuel filter and I'm tired of getting full of fuel because I cant locate the valve.
Roger

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a L3000DT 4whl Drive. Does anyone know where the fuel shutoff valve is located? I want to change the fuel filter and I'm tired of getting full of fuel because I cant locate the valve.
Roger
I can't say for certain on your model but most do not have a shut off anymore. So do the needle nose vise grip trick upstream from the filter. Just squeeze the hose to pinch off the fuel till you change the filter.:eek:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well if it happens to look anything like this one in the picture I borrowed from the Artice on here on general up keep. Its located right above the glass bowl. You might want to read up on the artice on here and see what it might say about other fuel filters. Go to the top of the page and click on the first tap "articles"

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have a L 3000 myself. It doesn't have a fuel shut off. I took a piece of household plastic wrap and placed it over the fuel fill hole and then screwed the cap back down on the tank. It will build a vaccum as the fuel runs out and then stop leaking. I then cut the line and placed a inline fuel cut off and fixed that problem. I picked the cut off up at my local parts store. Works like a champ, hope this helps.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with Theekillerbee. The vise grips will work great but you no how some people are. They think if you touch a fuel line with the vise grip teeth it will need to be replaced. We have used that little trick for years ourself.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I agree with Theekillerbee. The vise grips will work great but you no how some people are. They think if you touch a fuel line with the vise grip teeth it will need to be replaced. We have used that little trick for years ourself.
I am one of those people. Yes it can and has been done for years by many people. I would never encourage it's use to be considered routine but rather an exception. Instead, prep the machine for such and install a shut off valve like many others have.

If a person is really sold on the vice grips then get tape and wrap around each jaw covering the teeth and always keep a spare hose. None the less, this use does fatigue the line and can lead to premature failure. An over aggressive user of the grips can ruin his day in one squeeze.

As a licensed maintenance technician for the past 19 years I have replaced a fare amount of lines due to such use.

Just me $0.02

Scott

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with you about the damaged lines. I my first solution is much better, I don't know if you read it or not. I personally didn't use the vise grips when I took care of my fuel line cut off problem on my tractor.

rleger

Equipment
L3000DT and various truck patch tools
Apr 2, 2010
Egan, Louisiana
Hey thanks guys. All great ideas. I think I will use the pliers method this time but also buy a cut off valve to eliminate the problem. The tractor only has 268 hours on it so far but I change the filter once a year. I usually smell like diesel fuel for a couple of days afterwards.