Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

badbrad

Equipment
Mx5400
Oct 6, 2021
As long as I get my MX5400 by spring planting season I'll be happy. Dealer said he isn't worried and will have it by then. Hopefully he is right.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
The tractor backhoe loader and grapple were delivered today. Exactly when the dealer said it would be. Moved some gravel and the tech who brought it out took off the bh to put on the three point hitch. The backhoe takes up some room in the garage. I am not sure I like having a new tractor took it in the woods and was worried about getting it scratched.
Knew a guy that every time he got a new piece of equipment he scratched it or hit the hood with a hammer just so he wouldn’t worry about the first scratch. Always thought that was stupid. Use like you’re supposed to it will likely eventually find its own scratches and dents, but I’ll have to admit the first one is the most painful.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Knew a guy that every time he got a new piece of equipment he scratched it or hit the hood with a hammer just so he wouldn’t worry about the first scratch. Always thought that was stupid. Use like you’re supposed to it will likely eventually find its own scratches and dents, but I’ll have to admit the first one is the most painful.
Responsible folks try to take good care of their assets. Others arrive at retirement with junk that has low value.

Reactions: 6 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Everything BUT the LA805 is in and ready on my order. Originally I ordered a full blown L4060HSTC, then asked if there were any LE in about two weeks later, and he checked inventory and found one. Gave me a quote, signed the order only to find out some moron forgot to remove it from inventory when it was sold. He had an L3560 HSTC but no loader, we fiddled with pricing on that, and decided since it is the same loader as for the L4060, decided to just wait. Well what I didn't know was when he told me they got the tractor in, but not the loader, I figured it was for the original order, so I was planning on spending $45K. Turns out it is the LE from the second order instead.

Still waiting on the LA805, but thrilled that I will be saving nearly $4,000 with the LE over my original order, and still have everything except shiny letters on the hood since I also ordered the mirrors, switches, cruise control switch, and light brackets that do not come with the LE.

Still no word on deliveries of the FEL though. Hopefully soon before we get deep snow, my B2410 can clear it but I freeze my legs off working it. Looking forward to a warm cab while clearing snow.

kmshughes

Equipment
L3560LE HST
Jan 5, 2022
Seabrook, SC
That sucks. I ordered mine in June and got 10 days later. Guess it depends on the dealer.
I ordered on 6/18/21 - received the tractor and the RB on 1/7/22, but still waiting on the subframe kit and the PFL - no ETA on either of those right now. But, I am very happy with the upgrades of the Grand L series - worth the wait!!!

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thisnis
We ordered our BX23S beginning of July and got it just short of 6 months later. Still missing a couple of accessories, like the 3-pt. hitch, but it did eventually come. Hang in there... it'll happen.
I think we got our MX in may when we ordered in February last year. bH not arrive until sept. This is when we find out who our friends are and who the good dealers are…in terms of how they treat us. If they don’t mark the product up and we just have to be patient…that says a lot to me. I think this also reminds us or teaches us of what the 30s and maybe also the 70s were like when everything was not a drive through window at McDs. I can tell you I bought my third tractor this last year from Green and Sons in mt sterling Ohio. When the spousal unit gets some more money saved up, I’ll by my forth from them eventually. 😀

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Well I got a call today that my B2601 has been given a ETA for next week. More importantly the elusive loader is on its way also. My dealer told me last month it would be here in early January and he was right but wasn’t sure about the loader.

mofaster

Jan 12, 2022
Arizona
I ordered a new GMC Denali in May. Was finally accepted by GM and built in November. Been sitting in a lot (with hundreds of other trucks) waiting for shipping. Coming up on a year in a few months.

So, its not just tractors sadly.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
There are tens of thousands of vehicles sitting in lots and yards waiting on chips still. If I had ordered a truck and it turned out to be one of those, I would not buy it. Sitting outside for a year, unmaintained, where rodents can get in, bugs can build nests, and things can rust, well, there will be a lot of vehicles spending a lot of time in shops once they get to the dealers. Makes me wonder just how the big three will be marketing year old trucks once they finally get all the chips they need. Bad enough that used trucks are selling so high, imagine paying big bucks for a "brand new" year old truck that sat out in a field for a year.

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
Well I just wrote the check out for my B2601 and it officially mine. I will have it delivered around late March to my property. Can’t believe how much tractors and loaders went up after Jan 1. It doesn’t seem to slow anybody down the guy I was dealing with sold 3 more tractors before 1 pm today !

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well I just wrote the check out for my B2601 and it officially mine. I will have it delivered around late March to my property. Can’t believe how much tractors and loaders went up after Jan 1. It doesn’t seem to slow anybody down the guy I was dealing with sold 3 more tractors before 1 pm today !
So did you pay for a tractor that the dealer has in stock? Or one on order?

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I ordered it in November and payed for it when it came in. It was price protected because I ordered it in November.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I waited about 6 weeks for my BX...most of that wait time was for implements. Different dealers have different supplies of machinery and access to same.

I live in Eastern Canada, where I presume supply (and demand) is relatively low compared to higher population centers the more south and west from here.

For once, my location seems to have worked in my favor.
Canadian dollar today is approaching .80 to USD.
Improving, but let's hope it gets a LOT better.
I am in USA, but holding on to a lot of CAD, from a home sale.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Canadian dollar today is approaching .80 to USD.
Improving, but let's hope it gets a LOT better.
I am in USA, but holding on to a lot of CAD, from a home sale.
Stop thinking that way. I am in Canada with USD funds so really like the idea of .75 but my gut tells me you are correct I see parity in the future I just hope I am wrong.

ACDII

Equipment
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
It's not the CAD going up, its the USD going down. Pretty soon us US will be stockpiling CAD instead.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Stop thinking that way. I am in Canada with USD funds so really like the idea of .75 but my gut tells me you are correct I see parity in the future I just hope I am wrong.
I am PRAYING for parity in the future, but am 81, and have been holding on for 3+ years now!
I am not even greedy, I would be VERY pleased with 90%, for the benefit of my kids.