Front Wheel Bolts-->BX23s

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Its funny how you can find things. Several months ago I went to get an MRI and I was told that I could keep my shirt on but to empty my pockets. So, when I went into the machine they told me that I had some metal on me that had to be removed. They took me out and sat me by the machine and while the girl was checking the neck of my shirt, something came out flying out of my pocket and it gut stuck to the MRI machine. It was a paper clip I had used with some paperwork I took to a doctor earlier in the day.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
I'd be happy is even just one of the lug bolts was a stud to 'hang the wheel on'. Changing them out may be on the 'to-do' list. Might be a good product for @Kennyd4110 or Bota or BXExpanded or... to sell.
They are so easily made by cutting the head off of a bolt with the proper threads, not sure how good of a seller it would be?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The only time that it would be a good seller is if the tractor owner wasn't very handy with basic tools such as a hacksaw and vise. I would use a lathe to cut off the bolt heads, but not everyone has access to a lathe. I don't but I have a friend who has a friend that has a friend with a lathe.

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
The only time that it would be a good seller is if the tractor owner wasn't very handy with basic tools such as a hacksaw and vise.
There are many out there without knowledge.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
They are so easily made by cutting the head off of a bolt with the proper threads, not sure how good of a seller it would be?
I agree but many do not have the ease of locating the proper bolt/stock or the ability to cut to length.

While I have no doubt I could locate stock and get the length about right, I do not posses the right tools to make decent cuts. A vise and a cut-off wheel to make crooked cuts, a grinder to try and square it up and a file to remove burrs. Sounds like an all day job for many. Where as, access to threaded bar stock and lathe, a minute per stud.

Spitballing, if a regular mass produced splined, hammer in stud is $3.00 a piece, I'd willingly pay close to double for a proper stud. Galvanize so the cut end does not rust. A buck each for nuts, a page of instructions for the cluless. Not that I'd need it but include a little tube of stud and bearing mount. A $55 'kit' for eight does not sound unreasonable.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well, when the power goes off, you learn how to PROPERLY use a hack saw to cut bar stock... ;)
now does anyone HAVE a hacksaw in amongst their lathes, cutoff saws, dremel tools, and grinders ??:giggle:

'back to basics' or 'old skool'

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
well, when the power goes off, you learn how to PROPERLY use a hack saw to cut bar stock... ;)
now does anyone HAVE a hacksaw in amongst their lathes, cutoff saws, dremel tools, and grinders ??:giggle:

'back to basics' or 'old skool'
✋️I have hacksaws 🤡

Reactions: 1 user

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I have a metal chopsaw too and thread files, taps, dies etc. I would like to have other things to make tasks easier, but I have the basics, and they always work, things just take a tad longer to do it.