Front tire valve stem issue after popped bead

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I guess I have a blown bead on a tire, would be my first and basing on what I see on the internet.
I was working in soupy mud, so there is gooey soupy mess inside, i can see it.

I tried rinsing it out, but little success. I really think the tire needs to come off.

With that said, I tried to put air in through the valve stem, like you normally would, but it would not take any. I don't see a blockage, the inner portion is only 3/4 and not a complete circle of rubber but it is not falling out.

I think my best bet at this point is to take it to a tire shop and have it done professionally.
It is far heavier than I realized!!! I have to carry it a mile to get it to a place that is vehicle accessible.🥵

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is a lot easier to roll it 1 mile than to carry it 1 mile.

Reactions: 1 users

ZTMAN

Equipment
BX2380
Aug 26, 2018
South Central Pa
I would remove the valve core, blow air through the valve stem to clean out any blockage, and then install a new valve core to see if the tire takes air.

Reactions: 1 users

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I would remove the valve core, blow air through the valve stem to clean out any blockage, and then install a new valve core to see if the tire takes air.
I thought about that after posting this.

tinkerwitheverything

Equipment
bx2370-1
Jun 3, 2015
Manitoba
As others have mentioned above. No doubt it's heavier than normal with all the mud inside. Yup got to clean all the mud out. Remove tire from rim clean all mud out then Have to clean the bead on the tire and rim and once everything is clean ,probably best to replace the valve stem. If your not able to do this yourself . Tire shop is your best option.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
As others have mentioned above. No doubt it's heavier than normal with all the mud inside. Yup got to clean all the mud out. Remove tire from rim clean all mud out then Have to clean the bead on the tire and rim and once everything is clean ,probably best to replace the valve stem. If your not able to do this yourself . Tire shop is your best option.
This is my current choice.
Again, just got to get it to a vehicle.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
shop vac as a 'wet vac' works real good ... DADT....
spritz water in, suck mud out with 'crevis ' tool
won't have to dismount tire...remounting ain't 'fun'...

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
This is my current choice.
Again, just got to get it to a vehicle.
If the tractor isn’t stuck and will still drive, I would drive it on the flat that mile. Then I wouldn’t have to walk it back that mile to get it back on. That’s just me though 🤷‍♂️

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Used a 2 wheel dolly to get it out and back.

Took it to a local tire place, they do rural stuff as a norm.
$20 all clean and new valve stem.

Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
best 20 you'll spend !!!
reminds me my dolly has TWO flats...
grr.chinese tubes...
sad thing I can buy compleet rim/tube/tire/air 'unit' cheaper than just a tube....

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Put on the wheel/tire and it happened again!!!! :mad:

Tire shop did not mention any concern and while I don't know what I am looking for, I don't see anything obviously wrong.

Should I go to the dealer this time or just chock it up to too much of a soupy gooey muddy mess I am running through?

This is the left side.
I am at some pretty good off level angles to the left side, now that I think of it.

I do not know when it happened in an hour and a half of working this roadway.

Maybe unrelated, but I do notice more white smoke from the exhaust when under heavy work while the RPMs fall.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Possibly the tire is underinflated, or you could be picking up something like a briar that is causing it to go flat?

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Possibly the tire is underinflated, or you could be picking up something like a briar that is causing it to go flat?
Checked pressure on both front tires and torqued the nuts.

35 PSIG max, set at 34 PSIG.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Since it is a front tire, I would consider getting the front tires both foam filled, and future problems disappear.

Did that on both my tractors nearly 20 years ago, after getting front flats almost immediately after delivery. Being small, the front tires are not that expensive to have foam filled.

Just proposing this as an alternative you might want to consider. For me, it was the best decision I could have made...

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I had to buy a new tire.

Whether it was a combination of times or just the last time, I was told the bead was too mangled to hold air.

Talked to the local dealer and got nowhere with the part guy, I think he was flipping burgers yesterday with the lack of knowledge.
Called a sister dealer to them and was told that the info I got from the first dealer was not correct. Either way, nothing in stock and 1-2 weeks out.

Local tire dealer, Les Schwab, got one and so now it's a new left front.

Orange1forme

Equipment
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Since it is a front tire, I would consider getting the front tires both foam filled, and future problems disappear.

Did that on both my tractors nearly 20 years ago, after getting front flats almost immediately after delivery. Being small, the front tires are not that expensive to have foam filled.

Just proposing this as an alternative you might want to consider. For me, it was the best decision I could have made...
I will look into it.
Local tire shop did not mention anything like that.