Front Tire came off Rim.

tsafa

Equipment
Kubota L3800, FEL, F550 Dump, 10K Trailer
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
Do yourself a favor and put tubes in those front tires. My bx25 front tires leaked from day one around the bead.
Now that is a very interesting idea that I did not know was even an option. I will definitely keep it in mind if I have any further problems. The tire has been good for a week already.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Murphy,

ever seen the ol starting fluid trick? Sounds crazy as hell, but I saw it work one time! Take the tire, shoot some starting fluid around inside and then throw a match inside:eek:.......expansion of the air fills the tire, and seals the bead on the rim! Shocked the sheeiut out of me.........no, I'll jack the tractor up and carry the tire in myself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_XOWA-DAk
PLEASE DO NOT USE EITHER/STARTING FLUID TO SEAT THE BEADS!!!!!!!!
I've seen it used many times over the years and the very first thing I do when I see that someone's going to do it is RUN LIKE HELL AWAY FROM THEM!
What happen is the fluid which is so highly flammable the the sudden flash or WHOOSH when it ignites actually is an explosion that causes a vacumn inside the tire sucking the bead against the rim. That air that gets sucked inside is uncontrolable so much so the tire is instantly overinflated to dangerous levels many times exceeding the tires bead to stay in shape and can blow it off the rim hurting or killing anyone standing near. Think of it like standing closely beside a raging bonfire and taking a big bucket full of gasoline and dumping it directly on the raging fire..you'll get burnt so quickly you'd be lucky to survive. I walked away just in time once and a few guys were standing there working together and lit one off with the hose attched with a locking air chuck and things seemed fine until he pulled the air chuck off and pushed his large tire pressure gauge on to see where it was at, the second he made contact pushing the gauge down the barrel of the back end of the gauge blew off sending it's contents through the multi layed tar covered roof sounding like a shotgun went off and leaving a hole the size of a 20ga slug.
There was fresh light snow outside and after determining the angle I figured it launched through at went in search of the pieces to see if I could find them to no avail in over 2 blocks. There is NFW I would ever use it ever!!!

One more point of caution when using the front end loader to jack up the tractor always have wood blocking ( never cement!!!) to put under the axle being very careful not to get pinched trapped under the tractor then let it back down so it's secure. I know a long time 20 year plus tire service truck tech that broke both arms in an instance and was very lucky that's all that happened when the hydrualics wouldn't hold. Don't use cement blocks because they can crack or be crushed easily under a load they're not dense like wood. My dad was real strict for as long as I could remember as his cousin was crushed to death working under a car supported by a cement block. We could be going to church in pouring rain or a winter storm and if we happened to drive by someone using those blocks on a vehicle my dad would stop the car turn around give tell them to stop what they're doing and he'd be right back with some wood blocking and did. I've known several people over the years that were injured or killed from improperly supporting cars trucks and tractors. Be especially careful in the winter when it's slippery and when it's wet and muddy supporting whatever it is you're working on.
Al

tsafa

Equipment
Kubota L3800, FEL, F550 Dump, 10K Trailer
Nov 3, 2013
Tobyhanna, PA
The mechanic fussing to get the bead to seat also mentioned using either too out of frustration. I am curious how you would ignite it inside the tire ???

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I am curious how you would ignite it inside the tire ???
The starting fluid is an extremely flammable vapor that goes in the tire, around the bead area, above the rim/tire, and basically all around the area, depending on how much is used & the elapsed time. When it finds an ignition source, it ignites all through the vapor cloud in milliseconds. I have seen this method used to re-seat beads at the sand dunes (very low tire pressures are the rule) dozens of times, and I've seen a couple go really wrong. One guy was having lots of trouble seating a bead, so he kept using more & more ether & getting closer with his lighter until it seated- trouble was his lighter was close enough to get crushed in the bead, shattering and exploding, burning his hand & face badly. Saw another get two knuckles caught in the bead & broken, and man, did he suffer until someone was able to break the bead again. If someone's life depended on re-seating a bead by this method, I'd do it, but it's not worth the risk otherwise.

I also worked with a tool & cutter grinder who had a badly mis-aligned neck and virtually no movement of his neck…. he told me he broke his neck when a car fell on him. It was supported on 4 cinder blocks. Nuff said.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The starting fluid is an extremely flammable vapor that goes in the tire, around the bead area, above the rim/tire, and basically all around the area, depending on how much is used & the elapsed time. When it finds an ignition source, it ignites all through the vapor cloud in milliseconds. I have seen this method used to re-seat beads at the sand dunes (very low tire pressures are the rule) dozens of times, and I've seen a couple go really wrong. One guy was having lots of trouble seating a bead, so he kept using more & more ether & getting closer with his lighter until it seated- trouble was his lighter was close enough to get crushed in the bead, shattering and exploding, burning his hand & face badly. Saw another get two knuckles caught in the bead & broken, and man, did he suffer until someone was able to break the bead again. If someone's life depended on re-seating a bead by this method, I'd do it, but it's not worth the risk otherwise.

I also worked with a tool & cutter grinder who had a badly mis-aligned neck and virtually no movement of his neck…. he told me he broke his neck when a car fell on him. It was supported on 4 cinder blocks. Nuff said.
Like I said earlier, I am too damn old for PAIN! I'll take the rim/tire off - pay the $20 and be safe........I love Forest Gump's saying Stupid IS as STUPID does!!!!

fma1015

Oct 22, 2017
Raymond, WA
I have 336 hours on a ten year old Kubota L3400. For the third time in the last two years I ran a front tire off the rim. The first time, easy remount. Next time, other tire easy remount with new valve stem. Today, first tire goes off over a little stump strong turn and a wire is sticking out of the tire so no easy remount. I ordered two titan 7-16 tires for it. Les Schwab told me they might see if they can put a tube in them. They were tubeless tires stock and the Titans are tubeless. He said the rims might be corroded and that is why they are leaking air at the beads. The tractor is garaged kept so the rims don't seem that bad.

Is the rookie move low air pressure and not checking the tires enough? Is it those sharp turns? I use the tractor about the same every year and just started throwing the tires in the last two. Thank you!

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have 336 hours on a ten year old Kubota L3400. For the third time in the last two years I ran a front tire off the rim. The first time, easy remount. Next time, other tire easy remount with new valve stem. Today, first tire goes off over a little stump strong turn and a wire is sticking out of the tire so no easy remount. I ordered two titan 7-16 tires for it. Les Schwab told me they might see if they can put a tube in them. They were tubeless tires stock and the Titans are tubeless. He said the rims might be corroded and that is why they are leaking air at the beads. The tractor is garaged kept so the rims don't seem that bad.

Is the rookie move low air pressure and not checking the tires enough? Is it those sharp turns? I use the tractor about the same every year and just started throwing the tires in the last two. Thank you!
Old thread, continuing problem. Don't know who Les Schwab is but any tire store can install a tube in a tubeless tire. Nothing special.