Front Loader for an L295DT

Dirtclod

Equipment
L295DT
Jun 19, 2012
Petaluma, Calif, USA
Hi all, another "newbie" here. (This is my first post) I just purchased my first tractor. A 1980's L295DT with 360 hrs. No implements with it. I am so new to this maybe a few of you good folks can guide me to what make, model number or any other info on what type front loader I need to start looking for. I checked E-bay and Craig's and find nothing specifically for my tractor. I'm in Northern California if that matters. I checked this forum and didn't find anything yet. It looks like this site will be my learning curve. Seems like a great site.
Thanks in advance.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
this is a great site lots of nice people and great ideas, as for finding implements keep checking craigslist I have found most all the 3 point implements I have there. I think you may find your FEL there also maybe off a parts tractor or talk to the local Kubota dealer and have them keep an eye out for a nice used one, take care .....Dan your neighbor just down the road in Ventura Ca I farm in Santa Paula the family ranch since 1900

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Just remember when trying to find implements to use with your tractor look for the cat. (category) size. which is your attachment or pin size for your lift arms. with that said, not everything in each category will work with every tractor. Good luck finding a loader, they're not easiest to locate (most folks don't get rid of them) and aren't cheap usually.

Dirtclod

Equipment
L295DT
Jun 19, 2012
Petaluma, Calif, USA
Thanks for the info Kytim and bcbull378. Sounds bleak on finding one. My local Kubota told me he could set me up if I was serious, for 8 to 9K. Sounds way too pricey. I hope I trip over one someday as it seems to be the only way to keep the Kubota original. What do people do who restore real early tractors. There has to be a way to find one.

DickSnyder

Equipment
L185DT,L1200 FEL, Rear blade,Woods RCC42
Jul 29, 2011
Mt. Hood Parkdale, Oregon
These guys: www.coldwatertractors.com in Washington state, sell new FELs, might have some used ones, don't know.

I have no connection to these folks, nor do i know anything good or bad about them, just trying to help a fellow orange owner with options.

Can't hurt to check them out, might find what you want.

Dick

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Your best bet is to look for an aftermarket FEL to mount on your tractor. All of them run around the same price about 2500 to 3 grand for a loader from various after market makers. Woods, Bushhog and Quickway all make loaders.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
These guys: www.coldwatertractors.com in Washington state, sell new FELs, might have some used ones, don't know.

I have no connection to these folks, nor do i know anything good or bad about them, just trying to help a fellow orange owner with options.

Can't hurt to check them out, might find what you want.

Dick
They look familiar- I think they used to sell on ebay. Their product looks good at a glance- because it's on your side of the country, it may be well worth pursuing. Especially for that price.

I found a post reporting on an experience with coldwater tractors. They sound like they know what they're doing.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ihh87vWeXoM0HJJhA&sig2=UmXGL3W239vHHTJ-LMDGGw

Last edited:

E119744

Equipment
orange l245dt Kubota
Jun 2, 2012
Caldwell, Ohio United States
Your in luck , I just ordered a fel from coldwater tractor,For my l245dt. They have been more than pleasant to deal with so far , They said they were shipping the loader out this tuesday , Cant wait !!

Dirtclod

Equipment
L295DT
Jun 19, 2012
Petaluma, Calif, USA
Thank you all. I just joined days ago, I am impressed by the help I have received from you guys. Dick, thanks for the Coldwater suggestion. I talked to Ray over there and he has me sold. I will be ordering a FEL from then in the very near future. This forum has a great work ethic. Glad I joined, I'm going to learn a lot from you all.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thank you all. I just joined days ago, I am impressed by the help I have received from you guys. Dick, thanks for the Coldwater suggestion. I talked to Ray over there and he has me sold. I will be ordering a FEL from then in the very near future. This forum has a great work ethic. Glad I joined, I'm going to learn a lot from you all.
You and E119744 keep us posted, with pictures. Lots of people are looking for loaders- it is a common question. If Coldwater shakes out to be a good company, which it appears to be, then they are a very viable, economical solution for a loader.
And, a good name here can be real good for their company.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Don't forget Bunches of real pic's of your installs guys!! It might help make some of the rest of us jump onto this solution.

Dirtclod

Equipment
L295DT
Jun 19, 2012
Petaluma, Calif, USA
No, I haven't got one yet. But after talking to them I will be getting one as soon as finances allow. The description and manufacturing of the product sold me. When I do I will post something about them. Good or Bad.