Front Endloader Stuck - won't move

thecoopers

Equipment
B2920, endloader, bellymower
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
We have a B2920 with a front end loader.

It has worked well, then for a period of time it would "temporarily" stick, but by raising or lowering the three point hitch, it would work again.

Recently, instead of the fluid movement of the joystick, I would have to bear on it more to the right and the loader would be jerky in raising and lowering.

Now, the loader is stuck in one position and won't move.

I would appreciate very much if I could get help to repair it myself.

Thank you.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
A couple of things, first make sure your hydraulic fluid is at the correct level. Make sure the three point hitch lever is returning to the center position. Lastly make sure the quick couplers on the hoses are all hooked up properly. Sometimes one can come undone which will stop it from moving.

thecoopers

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
Thank you for your interest in helping!

The loader model # is a LA364.

Interestingly, when I went to confirm the number of the loader, I checked the "valve lock" because I noticed it in the loader manual (I have never used the lock) and found it in the locked position. I have looked in both the loader manual and the tractor manual and cannot find any instructions in moving the valve lock lever from the "A-locked" position to the "B-unlocked position". The lever will not move.

The lever is very close to the reverse pedal and I could see that my wife could have kicked it in the locked position when she was mowing (Kubota belly mower) as that is when she reported not being able to move the end loader.

But, beyond that, there was some type of a problem happening as prior to this, the joystick was getting very "stiff".

I would appreciate any thoughts that you may have.

Joe

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Thank you for your interest in helping!

The loader model # is a LA364.

Interestingly, when I went to confirm the number of the loader, I checked the "valve lock" because I noticed it in the loader manual (I have never used the lock) and found it in the locked position. I have looked in both the loader manual and the tractor manual and cannot find any instructions in moving the valve lock lever from the "A-locked" position to the "B-unlocked position". The lever will not move.

The lever is very close to the reverse pedal and I could see that my wife could have kicked it in the locked position when she was mowing (Kubota belly mower) as that is when she reported not being able to move the end loader.

But, beyond that, there was some type of a problem happening as prior to this, the joystick was getting very "stiff".

I would appreciate any thoughts that you may have.

Joe
Do you keep it outside a lot? or wash it.

Pat

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
The lock lever should slide sideways. Spray some lubricant down there on the lock mechanism and the loader control linkage to help free it up.

steveInMaryland

Equipment
L35, b2710
Nov 23, 2015
marriotsville, MD, USA
I have had this problem several times although not on your exact model. From what I have experienced it is a rust build up; read, powdered rust and dirt accumulating in the bottom of the spool cap preventing downward motion of the spool. Specifically rust is falling into the bottom of your spool caps. They are on the bottom of your joystick controller. See a WSM.

That being said, I have never had to do anything other than pull the caps, clean everything with "Naval Jelly" and re-assemble with a good coating of a rust preventative. I have also drilled a small weep hole in the end of the cap but I have no proof that was good or bad since I have never had another problem. That does not mean if fixed it forever.

Semper Fi,
Steve

thecoopers

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
Do you keep it outside a lot? or wash it.

Pat
The tractor (loader has never been off) is stored in a shed all the time. I have washed the tractor on occasion.

Where you referring possibly to the rust issue mentioned below?

Thank you.

thecoopers

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
A couple of things, first make sure your hydraulic fluid is at the correct level. Make sure the three point hitch lever is returning to the center position. Lastly make sure the quick couplers on the hoses are all hooked up properly. Sometimes one can come undone which will stop it from moving.
Thank you for your thoughts to help me.

The fluid is correct.
The three point hitch lever looks centered.
Coupler and hoses OK (never been disconnected) I will keep that thought though for the future.

Per the direction of another gentleman to lubricate the loader lock (which somehow got locked), the lock was able to be moved to the unlock position and the loader is now working as it should.

Thank you.

thecoopers

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
The lock lever should slide sideways. Spray some lubricant down there on the lock mechanism and the loader control linkage to help free it up.
Thank you for your direction.

I did spray the lubricant; and it did free the lock lever. It also allowed the loader to work when I tried it again. Interestingly the loader is moving smoothly like it should and not stiffly as it has been acting in the recent time of the last week or so.

Case closed.

Thanks again!

thecoopers

Equipment
Jan 25, 2010
Reliance, TN
I have had this problem several times although not on your exact model. From what I have experienced it is a rust build up; read, powdered rust and dirt accumulating in the bottom of the spool cap preventing downward motion of the spool. Specifically rust is falling into the bottom of your spool caps. They are on the bottom of your joystick controller. See a WSM.

That being said, I have never had to do anything other than pull the caps, clean everything with "Naval Jelly" and re-assemble with a good coating of a rust preventative. I have also drilled a small weep hole in the end of the cap but I have no proof that was good or bad since I have never had another problem. That does not mean if fixed it forever.

Semper Fi,
Steve
Thank you for your thoughts.

It seems like the direction that you were going is what solved the problem. I sprayed lubricant (as suggested by another forum member) onto the lock lever for the loader and it freed up everything just fine.

Question? What is WSM? _______ Service Manual? Where would I get one of those?

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
WSM = Work Shop Manual
There are no cheap or free downloads of that WSM, your going to have to buy a printed version.

Caution: There are a lot of sites on the internet that say they have the WSM's and they are just scam's. Kubotabooks.com is not one of them, there files are good. ;)

Last edited:

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
Reading the entire thread simply reinforces what I have formerly witnessed in the members.............they continue to be an awesome team to have on your side when problems arise. :D:D